Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

Didn’t watch due to work, but did anyone get the sense from Pruitt that he is way behind and needs to play catch up due to his time coaching Bama in the last few weeks? Because that’s what we were told would happen by some posters about him not being in Knoxville from day 1.

Just you bro, just you.

illuminati.jpg

FWIW, Trey Wallace is reporting JJ will be reinstated. It is no secret that he is one of our biggest playmakers and brings a lot of attitude to the team, but I am unsure what actually happened with him. I've heard both sides of the story. Regardless, I'll trust Pruitt.

Not sure what “both sides” means.

Here’s what we know about JJ....

1. He was arrested last January for drug possession

2. After being injured the first game last season vs GaTech, he was persona non grata, pretty much went AWOL, didn’t support his teammates the rest of the season

3. Posted the profanity-laced Instagram video, exercising awful judgment and displaying an utter lack of maturity and class

4. Others who cover the program have said there are many other incidents with JJ that have not been made public. This wouldn’t be his “second chance”, it’d be more like his “9th or 10th chance”.

Again, like I said earlier, if PF and JP decide to reinstate the guy, then fine, I’ll trust them 100% and know that we’ve added a good, playmaking wr back to the roster. But from the outside looking in as a fan, I think I can see why they wouldn’t reinstate him and I’d be fine with that too.

Reactions: 1 person
I think JJ’s issue was with the former staff. Being kicked off the team might be a wake up call, too. Hopefully.

JJ's issues were HIS issues, no one else is to blame.

I think he may have thought he was bigger than the program and could get away with the triage with no punishment - he was wrong and thus is trying to made amends.

If he hasn't truly learned from this - he will be toxic to the team. Time will tell.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure what “both sides” means.

Here’s what we know about JJ....

1. He was arrested last January for drug possession

2. After being injured the first game last season vs GaTech, he was persona non grata, pretty much went AWOL, didn’t support his teammates the rest of the season

3. Posted the profanity-laced Instagram video, exercising awful judgment and displaying an utter lack of maturity and class

4. Others who cover the program have said there are many other incidents with JJ that have not been made public. This wouldn’t be his “second chance”, it’d be more like his “9th or 10th chance”.

Again, like I said earlier, if PF and JP decide to reinstate the guy, then fine, I’ll trust them 100% and know that we’ve added a good, playmaking wr back to the roster. But from the outside looking in as a fan, I think I can see why they wouldn’t reinstate him and I’d be fine with that too.

If reinstated they had better keep him under a tight leash.

If even part of what has been said is true - they are sending a message that if you are a great player - you get all the chances you need.

And I haven't watch - don't have time nor desire.

Did anyone ask him whether the attrition of Jr's leaving for the draft had stopped or not?

I find it hard to compare Jennings and Hurd. Jalen quit the team. JJ was frustrated with what he was told by a coaching staff that wouldn't be there anymore and was booted.

I’ve defended JJ but... the dude technically quit the team imo. Yes he was “kicked off” but the dude wasn’t around practice or on the sidelines after the first game. I could see why the team wouldn’t exactly like that.

Ultimately you ask the guys on the team if they want him to have a second chance or not. It’s that simple.

Didn’t watch due to work, but did anyone get the sense from Pruitt that he is way behind and needs to play catch up due to his time coaching Bama in the last few weeks? Because that’s what we were told would happen by some posters about him not being in Knoxville from day 1.

Way behind? lololol not even!

He and his staff did almost as much as he could have done here. Instant cell phone communication texting or talking and forwarding links back and forth means having to be physically in the same building is a thing of the past.

Sure, there are a few things he'll still have to do but he'll get done.

All the "way behind catch up" because he was not here the "few people" claim is rediculous.

Way behind? lololol not even!

He and his staff did almost as much as he could have done here. Instant cell phone communication texting or talking and forwarding links back and forth means having to be physically in the same building is a thing of the past.

Sure, there are a few things he'll still have to do but he'll get done.

All the "way behind catch up" because he was not here the "few people" claim is rediculous.

Of course he doesn’t need to play catch up. The whole notion by some posters was ridiculous, my question was simply pointing that ridiculousness out.

Saban agreeing to change QB's is what won that game.

Well, besides the 80 yard pass, GA got shut down in the second half. Yes, AL needed the change on offense, but you have to say that Pruitt made some good adjustments at the half (something we have not seen often at UT over the past 5 years!).

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched a few minutes of the conference and Pruitt seems to be a sincere guy. I hope he does well here.

VN Store

Back