Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya buddy! We need some people there who are actually capable of cheering

How bigaboy are you?
Just kidding mccrackb , but if Banks is not gone someone will be getting a great pair of Section T seats next year for a only $6,000.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I’m sorry but those are not direct threats. And once again, unless you are that officer or the person doing the ride along, your comments on the matter DO NOT matter.

If those cops felt any inkling of fear from these “clear threats” it would have been handled a lot differently from how it went down.

Unless you’re the cop or the person doing the ride along, this outrage display you clowns have going means zilch.

"Not direct threats" but threatening nonetheless. You do have a calendar don't you, go look at the year. Banks is fortunate there were no additional charges, a judge might see things a little differently from you. And BTW I am outraged over either side of this story, not melting down or freaking out, but you appear to be. LOL

Reactions: KBVol
"Not direct threats" but threatening nonetheless. You do have a calendar don't you, go look at the year. Banks is fortunate there were no additional charges, a judge might see things a little differently from you. And BTW I am outraged over either side of this story, not melting down or freaking out, but you appear to be. LOL
Good thing it ain’t going in front of a judge. Paid a fine...playing Saturday.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
No way you can watch that full video and not want him gone.
I saw all of it and yes I think he needs to be gone. I’m not selling my soul and our reputation to win a football game. He was correct though, in Memphis they shoot Cops. Bragging about it or making that a point is unacceptable. Nevertheless UT is getting dragged on all media outlets. It’s not a good look. Period.

Once again I have asked this all day and apparently have to ask again.

Please quote me where he directly threatened that officer and the person doing the ride along with physical harm/violence.

Spoiler alert - you can't!
He told the officer, "we shoot at police where I come from". That is what he said. There you go. That is threatening a police officer. If you do not believe that his saying that is threatening violence to a police officer then you have a dog in this fight that I do not have.

Obviously this is a horrible reflection on Jeremy Banks, but it is also a PR nightmare for the university. While I don't think dismissing Banks is the right answer, I do think a lengthy suspension is in order in addition to some other internal disciplinary actions. If I were coach, 1) Banks doesn't suit up again this season and 2) he meets with police officers and/or does a few ride alongs so that he gains some perspective on why law enforcement officers should be treated with respect.

Merely handling this internally without any sort of suspension just isn't an acceptable form of punishment in my eyes.

Reactions: Rooster1
Obviously this is a horrible reflection on Jeremy Banks, but it is also a PR nightmare for the university. While I don't think dismissing Banks is the right answer, I do think a lengthy suspension is in order in addition to some other internal disciplinary actions. If I were coach, 1) Banks doesn't suit up again this season and 2) he meets with police officers and/or does a few ride alongs so that he gains some perspective on why law enforcement officers should be treated with respect.

Merely handling this internally without any sort of suspension just isn't an acceptable form of punishment in my eyes.
Playing this Saturday.

The Banks video rant just made Fox News.....sad day for Tennessee
If Banks is still on the team this time next week I will cancel my season tickets and annual donation that I have had since 1864...oops make that 1964....55 years.
Agreed. One of the things that has made me a UT fan is that, while nonsense like this goes on at Alabama and the like, it does not go on here. It's idiotic that anyone would defend this. If this is what UT is now, then I'm through as well.

“You don’t wanna see me without that badge”

“I remember faces. You go to UT don’t you? You’re gonna see me around”

“Where I’m from we shoot cops”

“I bet y’all so happy you get to go home and see y’all kids. Sometimes officers don’t make it home to see they kids”

“Wait till I get these cuffs off me”

Meanwhile no one is saying anything back to him. They just finished letting him make multiple phone calls, adjusting his cuffs for him, rolling his window down because he said he was hot. The nicest thing they did was not drug testing him. He should’ve been charged with DUI. No way you can watch the video and not think he’s high as a kite. After all those threats he tells them how nice they are, and then is right back to telling them how they’d piss their self without a badge.

He told the officer, "we shoot at police where I come from". That is what he said. There you go. That is threatening a police officer. If you do not believe that his saying that is threatening violence to a police officer then you have a dog in this fight that I do not have.

That is not threatening someone with direct violence.

And once again, something is only a threat if the person who is on the other end of the conversation feels it is a threat. Unless you are the officer or the person doing the ride along, how you feel about it has zero to do with anything.

At the end of the day, the officer and folks obviously felt no threat given how they reacted and handled everything. My point is only proven as they have yet to put out any additional statement on the matter.

Quit trying to be offended because others who actually matter in this ordeal aren't.

Reactions: Slydell

Are you Jeremy Banks?
Are you Jeremy Pruitt?
Are you the arresting officer?
Are you the person that did the ride along?

If you can't answer yes to one of those 4 questions, it really doesn't matter what you perceive something as. It really doesn't. People trying to manufacture outrage because the actual people involved in this ordeal are pathetic.

The officer and other police on site obviously didn't take anything as threatening. That is clear.

But hey, the Cancel Culture is everywhere and if yall personally feel bad over something that you have no hand in, you have to ruin it for everyone else.

Reactions: Slydell
“You don’t wanna see me without that badge”

“I remember faces. You go to UT don’t you? You’re gonna see me around”

“Where I’m from we shoot cops”

“I bet y’all so happy you get to go home and see y’all kids. Sometimes officers don’t make it home to see they kids”

“Wait till I get these cuffs off me”

Meanwhile no one is saying anything back to him. They just finished letting him make multiple phone calls, adjusting his cuffs for him, rolling his window down because he said he was hot. The nicest thing they did was not drug testing him. He should’ve been charged with DUI. No way you can watch the video and not think he’s high as a kite. After all those threats he tells them how nice they are, and then is right back to telling them how they’d piss their self without a badge.

He consented to a car search and they found nothing in his car.

Obviously being out late is suspect but to say he was lucky to not get a field sobriety test or drug test is dumb.

Remember this is all over a wrong U turn. I'm sure that screamed the driver being under the influence.

Agreed. One of the things that has made me a UT fan is that, while nonsense like this goes on at Alabama and the like, it does not go on here. It's idiotic that anyone would defend this. If this is what UT is now, then I'm through as well.

Nonsense like this and worse has gone on at UT for decades.

That is not threatening someone with direct violence.

And once again, something is only a threat if the person who is on the other end of the conversation feels it is a threat. Unless you are the officer or the person doing the ride along, how you feel about it has zero to do with anything.

At the end of the day, the officer and folks obviously felt no threat given how they reacted and handled everything. My point is only proven as they have yet to put out any additional statement on the matter.

Quit trying to be offended because others who actually matter in this ordeal aren't.

Whatever, I'm no attorney but I agree it wasn't a direct threat. He didn't say "I'll will take my loaded Glock 27 .40 and shoot you're dumbass in the face and kill you". But you're funny acting like he was reciting nursery rhymes.

Whatever, I'm no attorney but I agree it wasn't a direct threat. He didn't say "I'll will take my loaded Glock 27 .40 and shoot you're dumbass in the face and kill you". But you're funny acting like he was reciting nursery rhymes.
Yeah, he is all wrong but I have no interest in any engaged conversation with him. It was an implied threat. The way police officers usually react to threats of that nature is pretty much how most do. Ive had several people tell me they will see me on the streets when they get out, luck they didnt have their gun...all sorts of stuff. A police officer cant charge someone for something like that. Now when it goes to court, and the defense attorney is pleading for easy sentences, pop in that recording and watch the heads drop. Stuff like this happens all the time. The bad part here is that its not usually a football player at a major university and their millionaire head coach doesn't usually call.what the cops are doing stupid.

Reactions: KBVol and Rooster1

All I am saying is there are only 2-3 people in the matter with opinions that actually matter. If they took it as non threatening, that’s not a threat.
People manufacturing outrage because the response wasn’t bigger from the officer or department or program are trash.

Like it’s textbook cancel culture.

“Banks offended me with what he told that cop who I don’t know so Banks must go because my feelings got hurt”

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Yeah, he is all wrong but I have no interest in any engaged conversation with him. It was an implied threat. The way police officers usually react to threats of that nature is pretty much how most do. Ive had several people tell me they will see me on the streets when they get out, luck they didnt have their gun...all sorts of stuff. A police officer cant charge someone for something like that. Now when it goes to court, and the defense attorney is pleading for easy sentences, pop in that recording and watch the heads drop. Stuff like this happens all the time. The bad part here is that its not usually a football player at a major university and their millionaire head coach doesn't usually call.what the cops are doing stupid.

The word was “silliest” not stupid.

Good morning!

And once again, it’s only a threat if the person (the officers) took it as a threat.

People opining that it was a direct threat of violence from Banks to that cop are wrong.

If cop comes out tomorrow says it was a threat, so be it. If he comes out tomorrow and says he didn’t take it as a threat, so be it.

The manufactured outrage by total strangers on here is pathetic.

I haven't said much about all if it because I let my emotions speak for me too often on stuff like this and I can change my mind from one minute to the next. That said, this ain't a "big ole nothing burger" IMO.

Local news people did them no favors here. Wonder if we even see this if UT is 4-0 going into the Georgia game? Pruitt must of hurt someone's feelings or they just have it in for him. UT doesn't need any outside help to kill the program, they're doing a fine job by themselves.

I am aware I post some really stupid s*** but some people...if you don't know who you are, you should... Really like to argue and sound more intelligent than I suspect they actually are

Reactions: BearCat204

VN Store

Back