Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

I am one those who was strongly against Jajuan Jennings being allowed back on the football team after he quite publicly embarrassed himself, his team and the University of Tennessee. I was wrong. He was suspended, given a clear, strict path of behavior to work his way back on the team. He followed that path and did those things. I am proud of him for turning himself around and representing well for us. He's a walking testimony for giving a kid a second chance.

After watching Jeremy Banks embarrass himself, his team, and his university while sitting in the back seat of a police car, he clearly needs an attitude adjustment -- at a minimum, a stiff suspension and a clear, strict path of behavior to some redemption, just as Jennings was afforded.

If you disagree, watch this and and read this. It is painful to watch and read as a Tennessee football fan. This is a testimony to thug life and it shames our program. I went to school in Memphis and brushed up against that culture a few times. With his football scholarship, Banks has been given a golden opportunity to leave that thug life behind. He won't begin to appreciate it unless it is seriously at risk of being taken away from him. It should very much be at risk right now.

Letting this kid get away with this kind of public performance is exactly the wrong culture message to send to everyone...from the team to everyone watching. I will be very disappointed if Banks plays Saturday...or the next few games.

I did listen to it. I encourage everyone who might for one minute believe you over me to please listen to it.

Once again I have asked this all day and apparently have to ask again.

Please quote me where he directly threatened that officer and the person doing the ride along with physical harm/violence.

Spoiler alert - you can't!

I am one those who was strongly against Jajuan Jennings being allowed back on the football team after he quite publicly embarrassed himself, his team and the University of Tennessee. I was wrong. He was suspended, given a clear, strict path of behavior to work his way back on the team. He followed that path and did those things. I am proud of him for turning himself around and representing well for us. He's a walking testimony for giving a kid a second chance.

After watching Jeremy Banks embarrass himself, his team, and his university while sitting in the back seat of a police car, he clearly needs an attitude adjustment -- at a minimum, a stiff suspension and a clear, strict path of behavior to some redemption, just as Jennings was afforded.

If you disagree, watch this and and read this. It is painful to watch and read as a Tennessee football fan. This is a testimony to thug life and it shames our program. I went to school in Memphis and brushed up against that culture a few times. With his football scholarship, Banks has been given a golden opportunity to leave that thug life behind. He won't begin to appreciate it unless it is seriously at risk of being taken away from him. It should very much be at risk right now.

Letting this kid get away with this kind of public performance is exactly the wrong culture message to send to everyone...from the team to everyone watching. I will be very disappointed if Banks plays Saturday...or the next few games.

It has been dealt with. Internally like it should.

Here is the problem, there are only 4 people that really have a say in the matter here:

Jeremy Banks
Jeremy Pruitt
The arresting officer
The other person doing the ride along.

Fact of the matter is this, the officer and Banks were never in a hostile or confrontational position. Banks consented to his car being searched to nothing being found such as drugs, alcohol, or heaven forbid, a gun.

Hell even the officer kept calm throughout the whole interaction and what not. I bring up that last point because the officer never gave the impression or spoke up about being in a situation that he felt threatened. If he was, there were was enough body cam footage that he would have called it in that the suspect was threatening. Guess what didn't happen, the exact thing I just said. No call or public statement after the fact.

So therefore, unless you are one of the four people involved, you literally have no business, right, or reason to act offended, hurt, or scared about this incident. I say that as a fan, I say that to anyone in media, and I say that to anyone that is Joe Schmo walking down the sidewalk when this happened.

Unless you are one of those 4 people, you opinion, along with mine, DOES NOT MATTER.

The serial butthurt and getting offended crowd over this has truly been amazing. You would have thought Banks was being arrested and charged with shooting up half of the Knoxville Strip.

Reality is 10-15 years ago he mighta been gone......mighta been because he would be #1 in the ole Fulmer cup. Etc. Let's face it too, the police profession has taken a serious, but deserved hit........in acting beyond their mandate. Com'on a 3:30 in the am call for a traffic violation warrant? You can't wait 6 hours? OMG.......it's 9/11 f'ing again. Really?? Stop it!!!

Reactions: butchna
Once again I have asked this all day and apparently have to ask again.

Please quote me where he directly threatened that officer and the person doing the ride along with physical harm/violence.

Spoiler alert - you can't!

What in your mind did he mean with comments such as “what would you do without that badge? You sure you wanna be a cop? Remember what I said.. where I’m from we shoot police. See you around campus.” It’s little veiled threats and intimidation, not to mention all the racist “white man cant protect you but with guns, the black man use his fist” or “y’all beta get a black man out here or you ain’t gonna catch me I shoulda ran”. How do you walk with your head that far up your a##?

Reality is 10-15 years ago he mighta been gone......mighta been because he would be #1 in the ole Fulmer cup. Etc. Let's face it too, the police profession has taken a serious, but deserved hit........in acting beyond their mandate. Com'on a 3:30 in the am call for a traffic violation warrant? You can't wait 6 hours? OMG.......it's 9/11 f'ing again. Really?? Stop it!!!

You really blaming the police? They are required to arrest with the warrant he had. Banks was the one driving around when he knew he had a suspended license, that’s his own stupid fault.

What in your mind did he mean with comments such as “what would you do without that badge? You sure you wanna be a cop? Remember what I said.. where I’m from we shoot police. See you around campus.” It’s little veiled threats and intimidation, not to mention all the racist “white man cant protect you but with guns, the black man use his fist” or “y’all beta get a black man out here or you ain’t gonna catch me I shoulda ran”. How do you walk with your head that far up your a##?
Common sense needs to prevail. More Robert Duvall’s Bob Hodges less Sean Penn’s Pac-Man.

Common sense needs to prevail. More Robert Duvall’s Bob Hodges less Sean Penn’s Pac-Man.

People just need to stop with the ridiculous excuses. He has an idiotic mindset. Coddling him by giving him a scripted apology to read and then sit out a football game does him no service. I think he should have to do some service for the police department honestly. He’s no child, time to grow up and quit the gangster act.

People just need to stop with the ridiculous excuses. He has an idiotic mindset. Coddling him by giving him a scripted apology to read and then sit out a football game does him no service. I think he should have to do some service for the police department honestly. He’s no child, time to grow up and quit the gangster act.
How about let him grow up and not put him in the system? He’s not missing a game btw.

How about let him grow up and not put him in the system? He’s not missing a game btw.

Oh please... my son is 9 years old and knows to treat people with respect. 😂 maybe by time banks is 30 he will finally learn it’s not ok to threaten people and talk about shootin dem police. How about when you do stupid things you deal with the consequences. Coddling won’t change that gangster wannabe mindset he has.

Oh please... my son is 9 years old and knows to treat people with respect. 😂 maybe by time banks is 30 he will finally learn it’s not ok to threaten people and talk about shootin dem police. How about when you do stupid things you deal with the consequences. Coddling won’t change that gangster wannabe mindset he has.
How do you know he isn’t paying for it? You don’t. Nobody on here knows what kind of internal conditions or punishment has been put on him. Too many people here think they have a right to know every detail of the inner workings of the team (punishment, discipline, etc.) just because they’re a fan. News flash, you don’t.

Reactions: NC_Orange
How do you know he isn’t paying for it? You don’t. Nobody on here knows what kind of internal conditions or punishment has been put on him. Too many people here think they have a right to know every detail of the inner workings of the team (punishment, discipline, etc.) just because they’re a fan. News flash, you don’t.

Hey dipsh##, I didn’t say he wasn’t going to be punished. I’m talking about this dumb “ he’s a child” excuse people keep using. It’s idiotic. Show me where I said anything about having the right to every detail of his situation. News flash, you can’t.

I’m sorry but those are not direct threats. And once again, unless you are that officer or the person doing the ride along, your comments on the matter DO NOT matter.

If those cops felt any inkling of fear from these “clear threats” it would have been handled a lot differently from how it went down.

Unless you’re the cop or the person doing the ride along, this outrage display you clowns have going means zilch.

I’m sorry but those are not direct threats. And once again, unless you are that officer or the person doing the ride along, your comments on the matter DO NOT matter.

If those cops felt any inkling of fear from these “clear threats” it would have been handled a lot differently from how it went down.

Unless you’re the cop or the person doing the ride along, this outrage display you clowns have going means zilch.

You realize no ones comments here on anything actually matter right? People get on here and give their opinions and thoughts, which is what’s happening in this thread. Is that a struggle for you to grasp? And yes there was plenty of veiled threats and intimidation and racist bs. If that’s hurts your little feelings then too bad buddy.

The Banks video rant just made Fox News.....sad day for Tennessee
If Banks is still on the team this time next week I will cancel my season tickets and annual donation that I have had since 1864...oops make that 1964....55 years.

The Banks video rant just made Fox News.....sad day for Tennessee
If Banks is still on the team this time next week I will cancel my season tickets and annual donation that I have had since 1864...oops make that 1964....55 years.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya buddy! We need some people there who are actually capable of cheering

Reactions: butchna
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya buddy! We need some people there who are actually capable of cheering
“Sit down you rapscallions! Broke my hip last time I taught you what for!”

VN Store

Back