Jennings giving props to the coaching

JJ is a true VFL. His DNA may be way different than Banks, but this is a pretty good testament to second chances. Just saying. Sometimes in life, you get a wakeup call. Do you wake up or stay asleep? Pruitt and Fulmer seem to be better at mapping out a roadmap to recovery than Currie/Hoke, at least in JJ's case.

Juan’s “second chance” was a game changer for a lot of people, I’m sure.

Speaks to the character of all involved.

Keep making the most of it big guy, as you will always have a special place in the hearts of the Vol Nation faithful........ 🧡

Made an edit to correct my heart color to
Big Orange! 🍊😁

Last edited:
That second chance baby!
Completely agree.

I will never defend his actions. He should have been punished for what he said and did. However, when one of my kids misbehave I do not kick them out of the house. I punish their bad behavior and make it a teachable moment so hopefully, they will learn not to do what they did.

JJ is a true VFL. His DNA may be way different than Banks, but this is a pretty good testament to second chances. Just saying. Sometimes in life, you get a wakeup call. Do you wake up or stay asleep? Pruitt and Fulmer seem to be better at mapping out a roadmap to recovery than Currie/Hoke, at least in JJ's case.

Man you got the Banks agenda on the brain. JJ did not project himself as a terrorist.

There may be a point in time when 2nd chances have been exhausted and decisions have to be made. But, if it is not a situation that will have legal consequences to atone for and the situation is out of the control of the university, then I have zero issues on that 2nd chance being extended and dealt with inhouse. As visible ambassadors of a university, athletes and non-athletes alike in those roles, should be expected to hold a higher public standard. But, they are human and they are kids and many will make a mistake. But, if it is a resolvable misdemeanor, or inhouse behavior, etc., then so be it.

Everything you need to know about John Currie is that he kicked JJ off the team.
Exactly. While it's admirable to see JJ admit fault in his actions. It's completely ridiculous that the administration would allow a thin skinned idiot of a football coach make such a horrendous and damaging decision. I'm not saying JJ wasn't misbehaving or acting out of line at that moment, but it was a disgusting and disproportionate reaction

JJ suffered under the leadership of complete and utterly incompetent idiots in athletic leadership during the Butch Jones era.....and JJ knew it better than most!

And he blew a gasket because he couldn't suffer those dipsticks anymore...completely understandable from a 20 year old young man.
Notice that I didn't say inexcusable, but understandable.

It's just a good thing that UT hired an AD with some MATURITY....who subsequently hired a Head Ball Coach with some MATURITY and CHARACTER.
And they did the right thing in giving JJ an opportunity to demonstrate his willingness to make amends for his outburst.
We all should be very thankful that Fulmer and Pruitt recovered a young man who is a true VFL.
And we all got to enjoy the benefits of watching him mature and develop as a player and a young man--even with JJ's lack of good judgment in the Vandy game.

And--just like the rest of us--JJ needs to continue making progress in his maturity and character as a man first and a football player second.

IMO, JJ is a prime example of what mature leaders like Fulmer and Pruitt can produce!

GO VOLS!

Exactly. While it's admirable to see JJ admit fault in his actions. It's completely ridiculous that the administration would allow a thin skinned idiot of a football coach make such a horrendous and damaging decision. I'm not saying JJ wasn't misbehaving or acting out of line at that moment, but it was a disgusting and disproportionate reaction
He mouths off like that on Pruitt? Out on his azz just the same.

Man you got the Banks agenda on the brain. JJ did not project himself as a terrorist.
It's not an agenda. Banks may be too far gone for any fix. All I'm saying is that I trust Fulmer/Pruitt to lay out a get well plan of which he may never do. They have a track record with JJ, I sincerely don't think it's all about wins. They have shown they did what was in the best interest for JJ and as you can see from the article, he appreciates it.

“To get that call from Phillip Fulmer and go and meet with Jeremy Pruitt, first and foremost, I knew they were genuine people. It means everything. Literally, I wouldn’t be here without them, and for them to give me that second chance, it just shows how much they believed in me as a person, and I just take that into mind. I can’t let them down just as much as I can’t let my family down.”

So he calls them "genuine". Do you think he thought Butch was genuine? I too was disgusted by what Banks did, but I think the situation is being handled as best it can be.

Reactions: VolNExile
Everything you need to know about John Currie is that he kicked JJ off the team.

If you are the AD you simply couldn't ignore or allow what JJ did. I get it, he was a young man that acted out of frustration...on social media, no less. He had also disappeared from the team since his injury in the opening game. So to throw a social media fit when the coaching staff wouldn't let you play QB against Vandy...well, It was not JJ's best semester at UT, to say the least.

I'm glad Fulmer & Pruitt gave him another chance. I don't think a young person's life should be "ruined" because of a bad episode. Imagine where the could be if he wasn't allowed back on the team. He seems to have become a better person, player, and team-mate after all of this which was the end goal.

Reactions: Behr and peaygolf

VN Store

Back