Jennings giving props to the coaching

Man you got the Banks agenda on the brain. JJ did not project himself as a terrorist.
Bet you sleep well at night. Glad you finally found somebody to hang on that cross you been carrying around. To me the terrorist in that situation was the Johnny Law wannabe pulling over a kid making a U turn ( unmarked) to impress a Female intern. Then making a big deal of an outstanding out of state speeding ticket. Put this White grey haired SOB (me) in that situation and I'll show you a terrorist. I thought you were gone JWF. I remember you bang this drum every time it comes up, which is why I did some homework to find out what happened in that situation. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? you certainly seem to have an ax to grind about this kid.

Reactions: ptcarter
Bet you sleep well at night. Glad you finally found somebody to hang on that cross you been carrying around. To me the terrorist in that situation was the Johnny Law wannabe pulling over a kid making a U turn ( unmarked) to impress a Female intern. Then making a big deal of an outstanding out of state speeding ticket. Put this White grey haired SOB (me) in that situation and I'll show you a terrorist. I thought you were gone JWF. I remember you bang this drum every time it comes up, which is why I did some homework to find out what happened in that situation. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? you certainly seem to have an ax to grind about this kid.
How’s your ax grinding against white gray haired cops gettin along ?

FUNNY.. The young man breaks the law by doing a u-turn and has an outstanding warrant and its the cops fault?? ok

FUNNY.. The young man breaks the law by doing a u-turn and has an outstanding warrant and its the cops fault?? ok
Not referring to Jennings but you comment is indicative of a society that refuses to take responsibility for its own actions. Cops are under paid and over criticized for just doing their job.

Not referring to Jennings but you comment is indicative of a society that refuses to take responsibility for its own actions. Cops are under paid and over criticized for just doing their job.
Totally agree.. I have personally had some run ins with jackass cops but for the most part they just want to get back home at the end of their shift.

Reactions: onevol74
Totally agree.. I have personally had some run ins with jackass cops but for the most part they just want to get back home at the end of their shift.
Agreed. Got some in the family. Fact is I feel true Officers show tons of courage pulling cars over anytime. I am just pissed the situation attracted the attention it did, Pretty harmless situation got blown way out of proportion. This particular poster got under my skin because he ALWAYS seems to attack this kid. I don't know him from Adam, had never seen the vids till some folks made a public execution out of it. Stand by what I said, but in no way intended to give the impression I feel this way about all Officers. Kids run their mouths, that's basically what happened, If you guys want to cast stones, I hope you don't live in a glass house. Has he transferred? I am sure he could,if not maybe he is sticking because he truly loves the team. I'll hang up and wait for your response.

Agreed. Got some in the family. Fact is I feel true Officers show tons of courage pulling cars over anytime. I am just pissed the situation attracted the attention it did, Pretty harmless situation got blown way out of proportion. This particular poster got under my skin because he ALWAYS seems to attack this kid. I don't know him from Adam, had never seen the vids till some folks made a public execution out of it. Stand by what I said, but in no way intended to give the impression I feel this way about all Officers. Kids run their mouths, that's basically what happened, If you guys want to cast stones, I hope you don't live in a glass house. Has he transferred? I am sure he could,if not maybe he is sticking because he truly loves the team. I'll hang up and wait for your response.
I wasn't casting stones, I was pointing out the flawed logic in your response. Like I said i have had my run ins with the law and have made stupid mistakes but NEVER did i blame the cops for doing their job.

JJ suffered under the leadership of complete and utterly incompetent idiots in athletic leadership during the Butch Jones era.....and JJ knew it better than most!

And he blew a gasket because he couldn't suffer those dipsticks anymore...completely understandable from a 20 year old young man.
Notice that I didn't say inexcusable, but understandable.

It's just a good thing that UT hired an AD with some MATURITY....who subsequently hired a Head Ball Coach with some MATURITY and CHARACTER.
And they did the right thing in giving JJ an opportunity to demonstrate his willingness to make amends for his outburst.
We all should be very thankful that Fulmer and Pruitt recovered a young man who is a true VFL.
And we all got to enjoy the benefits of watching him mature and develop as a player and a young man--even with JJ's lack of good judgment in the Vandy game.

And--just like the rest of us--JJ needs to continue making progress in his maturity and character as a man first and a football player second.

IMO, JJ is a prime example of what mature leaders like Fulmer and Pruitt can produce!

GO VOLS!
I think you stated it well it's entirely understandable his outburst. Given what was going on at the time its not something that should have happened but everything in context I think the situation was handled properly. It's not like this guy had other off the field issues. He never had any on the field issues unless you count him not being on it enough because of injuries. Sometimes it's not simply what was said its who says it and when a guy like that has a meltdown you know something is going wrong. He was always a VFL didn't even seem to consider transferring after being kicked from the team. One could even say CBJ got an extra year because of his heroics. If I had a football team this guy I want on it period. I don't care if he runs a 4.8 I'd want him on my team he just has that kinda dog in him that is hard to find. There's a lot of out of control nutjobs but this guy is focused and a team guy. I really hope the best comes his way and he is hands down my favorite WR in Vol history taking the place of Robert Meachum for me. I wouldn't say either was the best but I enjoyed the way they played the game the most and both would make my top 10.

I think Pruitt would probably resort to options like running him till he drops before he kicks the guy off. People do loose their temper
Sapp expressed discontent and disappeared in the night.

Exactly. While it's admirable to see JJ admit fault in his actions. It's completely ridiculous that the administration would allow a thin skinned idiot of a football coach make such a horrendous and damaging decision. I'm not saying JJ wasn't misbehaving or acting out of line at that moment, but it was a disgusting and disproportionate reaction

This! You make the kid pay for it with extra conditioning once he is healthy. Ban or take his social media posting rights away. Maybe suspend him for his first game back. Those coaches knew they were goners so they couldn't do that. They were a trainwreck. So they kicked him off. Credit Coach Pruitt for healing a broken program as quickly as he has.

This is the most incoherent drivel ever posted on this site. To suggest the cop had an axe to grind by pulling someone over for a moving traffic violation says all we need to know about you. And for clarification Jeremy was arrested for not appearing for court.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Exactly. While it's admirable to see JJ admit fault in his actions. It's completely ridiculous that the administration would allow a thin skinned idiot of a football coach make such a horrendous and damaging decision. I'm not saying JJ wasn't misbehaving or acting out of line at that moment, but it was a disgusting and disproportionate reaction

This! You make the kid pay for it with extra conditioning once he is healthy. Ban or take his social media posting rights away. Maybe suspend him for his first game back. Those coaches knew they were goners so they couldn't do that. They were a trainwreck. So they kicked him off. Credit Coach Pruitt for healing a broken program as quickly as he has.

Interesting take...so a player that had disappeared from the program since his injury and sends a racially laced tirade on social media before the last game should simply have been ignored by those in charge at UT? Got it!

Interesting take...so a player that had disappeared from the program since his injury and sends a racially laced tirade on social media before the last game should simply have been ignored by those in charge at UT? Got it!

He wasn't the only high profile player that disappeared after an injury that year. So many other players transferred during the Jones era. So many stories of behind the scenes locker room fights. In Jones last decent season, the year before, he lost his starting DT to a violation, a 5 star WR and a 5 star RB in consecutive weeks.

VN Store

Back