Jeff Fisher to Vandy

ESPN: Jeff Fisher a potential target for Vanderbilt - FootballScoop

With all that said, this morning ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg weighed in on this subject:
“I’m told former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher is a potential target for Vanderbilt. Fisher remains popular in Nashville, and new Vanderbilt athletic director Malcolm Turner wouldn’t hesitate to make a nontraditional hire.”

Rittenberg added that “other options include” Notre Dame DC Clark Lea, Tulane head coach Willie Fritz, Clemson co-OC Tony Elliott, Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo, Ole Miss DC and former Colorado and San Jose State head coach Mike MacIntyre, and LSU DC Dave Aranda.

I 100% do not like the idea of the traditional option coming to the SEC
I highlighted Fritz as well because he runs a shotgun-based option using men-in-motion. Both systems are very tough to prepare for.

Last job was a disaster
This job would be a disaster

If you the hire at Tennessee was bad pop some popcorn and put your feet up for this one. Assuming it happens

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
If Vandy ultimately moves on from Mason, then they should consider Shawn Elliott at GSU. The guy is going to get a P5 job sooner or later. Common whores could get him on the cheap cheap for real. IIRC he only makes approximately 500k at GSU. Elliott just seems like an ole fashion SEC coach. Some program will eventually get a steal by hiring him. I hope Vandy does hire Fisher though. There is literally nothing intimidating about JF “sailing into” the SEC.

If Vandy ultimately moves on from Mason, then they should consider Shawn Elliott at GSU. The guy is going to get a P5 job sooner or later. Common whores could get him on the cheap cheap for real. IIRC he only makes approximately 500k at GSU. Elliott just seems like an ole fashion SEC coach. Some program will eventually get a steal by hiring him. I hope Vandy does hire Fisher though. There is literally nothing intimidating about JF “sailing into” the SEC.

Is this the same guy that was at USCe a few years back? If so I don’t think he’ll get a call

If Vandy hires Fisher, it would be typical Dores. They'd start slow and finish playing their best ball, however with the limited depth Vandy usually has that would end up being the Vandy norm for wins for the last 50 years. Almost making a bowl..........

As one of his first acts as Vandy AD, Malcolm Turner extended Mason's contract in February. If he turns around and fires him 10 months later, he might find himself on chopping block soon as well.

That's Hamilton level stupidity considering no one was coming to hire away Mason.

Reactions: Zues1
I don't understand why the thought of Vandy hiring Jeff Fisher is so humorous. There are better options (like the other names mentioned in the article), but they could also do much worse. This is Vanderbilt we're talking about, not Alabama or Ohio St.

I think he could help recruit just based on his name alone, and if he could motivate he might be able to get them to bowls somewhat consistently, which is all they want anyway.

I don't understand why the thought of Vandy hiring Jeff Fisher is so humorous. There are better options (like the other names mentioned in the article), but they could also do much worse. This is Vanderbilt we're talking about, not Alabama or Ohio St.

I think he could help recruit just based on his name alone, and if he could motivate he might be able to get them to bowls somewhat consistently, which is all they want anyway.
I think recruits would be more likely to run away from him than to him.

Agree.

Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo...This one would make me nervous...The man can coach!...That triple option is hard to defend.
Brian Bohannon of Kennesaw State would be just as interesting and would be a cheaper hire for Vanderbilt. Kennesaw State runs the Option Offense and is ranked #4 in FCS.

Reactions: VOLnMiami

VN Store

Back