Jaylen Wright leaving?

It sure is - even if this situation is a huge misunderstanding (which, it could be, a single tweet means nothing and I'm not sure why people are getting worked up about it).

That said, we haven't even scratched the surface of how filthy it's going to get. People coming and going every year - even starters. Players sitting out whenever they feel like, with no repercussions. Guys taking plays off, daring coaches to do anything to them, and leaving if they're pushed back. And always, always, someone willing to offer a bigger check.

It will be just like the NFL - casual, meaningless affiliation.
SHOW ME THE MONEY (or else)!!! That’s college football now. Even more than it used to be. You are correct. We haven’t scratched the surface of how crazy this is going to get. At least in the NFL, they have multi year contracts that the players have to abide by.

Possibly related to the rumored MarShawn Lloyd (potential) visit to Knoxville?

Then again, it could mean anything.......

With all the other needs, why would they think getting Lloyd is priority? We need a third back but not a #1 back.

SHOW ME THE MONEY (or else)!!! That’s college football now. Even more than it used to be. You are correct. We haven’t scratched the surface of how crazy this is going to get. At least in the NFL, they have multi year contracts that the players have to abide by.
From what I have seen most players care about their team and winning. This years bowls proved players care, I saw players that were soaking up the experience no matter what bowl they were in. Sure there will be some that might transfer but I think things will stabilize. I think people overblow things. College football had some of the best bowl games ever this year with a championship game to go. College football is more popular than ever and that isn’t changing. GBO!!!!!

It sure is - even if this situation is a huge misunderstanding (which, it could be, a single tweet means nothing and I'm not sure why people are getting worked up about it).

That said, we haven't even scratched the surface of how filthy it's going to get. People coming and going every year - even starters. Players sitting out whenever they feel like, with no repercussions. Guys taking plays off, daring coaches to do anything to them, and leaving if they're pushed back. And always, always, someone willing to offer a bigger check.

It will be just like the NFL - casual, meaningless affiliation.

College players also need to understand that--if enough of them communicate the message long enough and loud enough that "it's not personal, we're just mercenaries"--fans, especially those of us who have witnessed the decline of this great sport for decades, may reciprocate with the following message to them: "As much as we enjoy watching our respective teams engage in battle on the gridiron, it is not essential to life. If you choose to exercise no loyalty to the program, we retain the power of the purse string. And, if we collectively choose to stop investing emotionally, let alone financially or through attendance, the college football pipeline dries up and, with it, your route to the NFL."

From what I have seen most players care about their team and winning. This years bowls proved players care, I saw players that were soaking up the experience no matter what bowl they were in. Sure there will be some that might transfer but I think things will stabilize. I think people overblow things. College football had some of the best bowl games ever this year with a championship game to go. College football is more popular than ever and that isn’t changing. GBO!!!!!
Oh I agree that it will still be as popular as ever. There are plenty of fans who will hold their nose and don’t care if it’s NFL Lite. Anything for a win. I’m just not willing to look at it as anything else other than just another pro sport. And again, we are in the early stages of this mess. I don’t believe anybody can say with certainty that it’s going to stabilize. I think it is more likely that it gets wilder with tampering and bidding.

College players also need to understand that--if enough of them communicate the message long enough and loud enough that "it's not personal, we're just mercenaries"--fans, especially those of us who have witnessed the decline of this great sport for decades, may reciprocate with the following message to them: "As much as we enjoy watching our respective teams engage in battle on the gridiron, it is not essential to life. If you choose to exercise no loyalty to the program, we retain the power of the purse string. And, if we collectively choose to stop investing emotionally, let alone financially or through attendance, the college football pipeline dries up and, with it, your route to the NFL."

Agreed, and I’m already a few steps down that road. The difference between supporting young student athletes competing in a sport while working toward their future, and professionals playing in a professional sport leauge, cannot be overstated. Although, I don't have any desire to threaten the "pipeline to the NFL" or whatever - I just know I'm not big on investing in professional sports teams.

Last edited:
With all the other needs, why would they think getting Lloyd is priority? We need a third back but not a #1 back.
I'll take a #1 back. If we can land a guy clearly better than Wright, Small and Sampson, I'm all for it. Never miss an opportunity to improve your roster. If it rubs a kid the wrong way and they leave, so be it. Those that remain are fighters and aren't afraid of competition. Those are the guys we want.

VN Store

Back