Jaylen Wright leaving?

It is truly a business from a skill player position, he could get some nice NIL money from an American Athletic Conference school, he may not be slotted for major NIL in Knoxville until Lynch announces, but it is now every bit a business for the talent side as well as for the university/conference side of the house, much like the artists and the music labels in Nashville, it is all about the business and the ability to generate money from a unique skill set and the results generated from that skill set

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Where's he going? He's #2 on a top5 team. He won't find a better situation anywhere. He's 1 snap from being #1 and possibly moves in front of Small anyway.

Sure hope he has people around him that aren't idiots. Considering a transfer from his current situation sure seems like he has a few idiots in his ear. Hopefully he's smart enough to see past bad career decisions.

Keep your head down, keep your eyes open, keep your mouth shut and keep working harder than everyone else. . . everything else will take care of itself.

This is getting tiring. After this next year, I am seriously considering giving up the seats with my last one going off to college. I do not have NFL tickets for this same reason.

It sure is - even if this situation is a huge misunderstanding (which, it could be, a single tweet means nothing and I'm not sure why people are getting worked up about it).

That said, we haven't even scratched the surface of how filthy it's going to get. People coming and going every year - even starters. Players sitting out whenever they feel like, with no repercussions. Guys taking plays off, daring coaches to do anything to them, and leaving if they're pushed back. And always, always, someone willing to offer a bigger check.

It will be just like the NFL - casual, meaningless affiliation.

Sorry, not on Twitter. Thought I heard the verified check mark policy changed and noticed it's not contained in his tweet. Is that tweet legit? I would hate to see him go. Really need to keep this trio of backs together. Plenty to go around. Unfortunately, with NIL there's always going to be a coach, a collective, a parent, etc. in a kid's ear telling him he can get more somewhere else.

C'mon guys, are we going to do this every time a kid utters a word or a 'tweet'? Get used to it, things are never going to be the same. With NIL and the portal, more and more college players are going to become mercenaries just like pros, with their 'loyalty' going to whoever provides the best deal or promise of playing time.

The Hendon Hookers of the world will become rarer and rarer, so to base your fandom on players being loyal to the Power T is just going to result in a lot of heartache and disappointment. It sucks, but that's the world the powers that be have created.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back