Jaylen McCollough arrested

and current known evidence doesn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jaylen is guilty of AGGRAVATED assault. I would not guilty until the cows come home.
That's your right and duty when you serve as a juror to see it that way.

That's why there are juries, so you get judged by several people with varying viewpoints, etc.

There's probably much more evidence we've not seen and all kinds of forensics since they're treating this as a felony. Is the guy's blood on JM's clothes or socks or shoes? Etc, etc.

I'd hate to be Coach Heupel.

I don’t live on this message board. Life got busy so these days I basically just pop in and out during the actual season and I don’t do tv or cable, I stream the games. I used to be in the PF a bit but it’s been about a year or more out of there since I have a low tolerance for stupidity and wasn’t willing to risk getting booted from the site. So no, your mentioning it is the first I’ve heard of it.
You didn't need to be here. It was on ESPN. It was in Knoxville papers. You know, 4 players don't get busted for barging in a dorm room and then picked up with weed every day at UT. This isn't Miami or FSU.

Surely you know who Kaidon Salter was? The invasion was "strike 1" and getting caught with weed again got him dismissed.

Reactions: Stonewall83
You didn't need to be here. It was on ESPN. It was in Knoxville papers. You know, 4 players don't get busted for barging in a dorm room and then picked up with weed every day at UT. This isn't Miami or FSU.

Surely you know who Kaidon Salter was? The invasion was "strike 1" and getting caught with weed again got him dismissed.

Not having cable or watching TV actually means no ESPN, which is trash anyhow, and not living in the Knoxville area means no Knoxville papers.
Freshman QB if I remember right from occasionally checking the RF around signing time. Eldest child who does watch TV only mentioned in passing that we’d lost a Fr. QB for weed but that was it and I was like damn, that sucks. He was gone and I was busy so I didn’t bother looking into it.
Good, he should have been booted off the team and why didn’t it happen after “strike 1”?

I have no idea what actually happened, and neither does anyone else here. The only thing we have to go off of is one person's side of the story (alleged victim) taken down by a second person (police officer) and summarized by a third party (media) and now being argued about by a significantly less than neutral party.

If what has been written is accurate both in the letter and spirit it was written though, then McCollough was in the wrong and has let down his teammates.

Again, I have no knowledge if that's the case. But I do know that making false statements in a police report can be prosecuted. I also can't help but notice that McCollough's reps. haven't disputed the assault allegation.

I really, really, really want us to beat Bama and this Saturday feels like our best chance in years. I also know those odds decrease when we lose starters. But no matter how much I want to win, it doesn't deprive someone of their right to not be assaulted or give someone else the right to commit assault.
I have no idea what actually happened, and neither does anyone else here. The only thing we have to go off of is one person's side of the story (alleged victim) taken down by a second person (police officer) and summarized by a third party (media) and now being argued about by a significantly less than neutral party.

If what has been written is accurate both in the letter and spirit it was written though, then McCollough was in the wrong and has let down his teammates.

Again, I have no knowledge if that's the case. But I do know that making false statements in a police report can be prosecuted. I also can't help but notice that McCollough's reps. haven't disputed the assault allegation.

I really, really, really want us to beat Bama and this Saturday feels like our best chance in years. I also know those odds decrease when we lose starters. But no matter how much I want to win, it doesn't deprive someone of their right to not be assaulted or give someone else the right to commit assault.
I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty and he should be allowed to play until the verdict comes in. AK is playing in the NFL this year and his assault charges have been going on for over 6 months now.

Not having cable or watching TV actually means no ESPN, which is trash anyhow, and not living in the Knoxville area means no Knoxville papers.
Freshman QB if I remember right from occasionally checking the RF around signing time. Eldest child who does watch TV only mentioned in passing that we’d lost a Fr. QB for weed but that was it and I was like damn, that sucks. He was gone and I was busy so I didn’t bother looking into it.
Good, he should have been booted off the team and why didn’t it happen after “strike 1”?
Heupel's call was to dismiss two players and give a second chance to Salter and Willis.

Salter got caught, if I recall, running with no lights or no brake lights or something like that down Cumberland late one night a few weeks later with a car full of weed smoke and some weed. He got "redeemed" by Hugh Freeze at Liberty, where I think he's starting.

Willis transferred to Houston but kept his nose clean as far as I know until he did.

So Heupel has shown he can decide these things on a case by case situation so JM may be given a chance and the so called "short leash." It's the felony charge..... if KPD sticks to that..... which makes this one tough both fot Heupel and JM.

Heupel's call was to dismiss two players and give a second chance to Salter and Willis.

Salter got caught, if I recall, running with no lights or no brake lights or something like that down Cumberland late one night a few weeks later with a car full of weed smoke and some weed. He got "redeemed" by Hugh Freeze at Liberty, where I think he's starting.

Willis transferred to Houston but kept his nose clean as far as I know until he did.

So Heupel has shown he can decide these things on a case by case situation so JM may be given a chance and the so called "short leash." It's the felony charge..... if KPD sticks to that..... which makes this one tough both fot Heupel and JM.

Thank you for the fill in. I’ll never understand how you squander a second chance after already getting caught being a dumbass once. 🤦‍♀️

It’s the nature of the injuries that caused the felony aggravated. They’ve listed it as 39-13-102 which is causing serious bodily injury but I don’t see any indication of if it’s under A) intentional or B) reckless. Both are felony but one is a Class C and the other a Class D.
Based on the little we know from only one side so far, it could possibly come down to did Tank directly cause the injuries or indirectly and Zion stumbling afterwards caused his own fall down the stairs resulting in injury or were Tank’s actions somehow taken in self defense. We may also actually never know for sure depending on any deals that could get arranged.

OK, can someone provide a factual recap?

Tried to keep up with this thread, but have a few questions as of now, even after reading the 4 page report.

Did they perform a blood alcohol test on the guy that is both a trespassing suspect and a victim? The guy's ability to negotiate the steps at speed with or without the punch is going to be in play even if his flight was to avoid confrontation.

Where did they find the teeth? At the door/walkway or somewhere on the steps? Was there blood at the door or only on the steps? Bottom line did JM or the steps knock out the tooth?

Did anyone other than these two guys actually witness the initial confrontation/punch or the activity leading to the guy falling down the stairs or just the results of the incident?

Was the female witness his girlfriend or not? That seems to be in question.

Who witnessed a period of unconsciousness and what was the reported duration? Was he really unconscious or disoriented after a tumble down the steps. I was surprised they listed the guys state in the report as unconscious if they did not see it or have a hard witness statement even by a non medical professional.

Where is a Ring doorbell or security camera when you need one? Too much opportunity for assumption to date. Really like some of that WHOLE TRUTH on this situation.

Thanks in advance for any additional clarity on the incident.

If JM were the one with missing teeth, you'd be insisting he's the victim, not alleged, but clearly the victim because he's missing teeth, etc.

It's the squirming to find any possible way this guy could be lying and JM can be made out to be completely innocent....... when if JM had been down those stairs bleeding you'd want the puncher's head on a platter.

It isn’t unreasonable to believe there is more to the story than the words of someone too drunk to know what apartment he’s entering. “Victims” quite often leave out pertinent details regarding what led to an altercation. Why is there any rush to judgement? We’ve been down this road before…facts matter

You're the problem.

Because he understands everything you say can and will be used AGAINST you??? It is ignorant to cooperate when being accused of anything. All you do is give them evidence to use against you. Scores of former police and prosecutors all give this same advice. When police are accused the union instantly provides counsel. That’s telling…

Honestly I’d all but forgotten about him and I follow this team religiously. I’m sure tons of casual fans have forgotten about dudes that never played here getting kicked off the team.

Reactions: utnvols1
So if I had a key employee with an exemplary record get arrested in a bar fight, should he not be allowed to work before he is convicted of anything? I don't understand the practice of suspending someone simply because they have been arrested, especially in this case. Jaylen likely used bad judgment but there is plenty of blame to go around. He should be able to go on with his life pending a guilty verdict, if that ever happens.

If JM were the one with missing teeth, you'd be insisting he's the victim, not alleged, but clearly the victim because he's missing teeth, etc.

It's the squirming to find any possible way this guy could be lying and JM can be made out to be completely innocent....... when if JM had been down those stairs bleeding you'd want the puncher's head on a platter.

You are very adept at assuming things...lmao

and current known evidence doesn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jaylen is guilty of AGGRAVATED assault. I would not guilty until the cows come home.
Snag_21954a.pngSnag_21a5b5.png

If McCollough did indeed follow the guy out of the apartment and punch him, he did intentionally cause bodily harm, so yes he assaulted the other. And, while not a lawyer/judge/on the jury, I'd say breaking of teeth would be considered "serious bodily injury". So, based on what's known so far, yes he committed aggravated assault.

Good grief, looks like he lost one tooth. Based on initial reports it sounded like he was in a coma with multiple facial fractures.
The one that is talking is more than likely is the one that is lying and exaggerating the story by getting ahead of it.

I fell backwards I was pushed he hit me in the face he hit me in the back of neck I fell 30 feet I don't know I was unconscientious, I have only had one beer maybe two. I was confused in went into the apartment by mistake, I apologized and left and said nothing else. He followed me and hit me.

He was the only one talking, JM probably just looked at him and said BS in his mind and made no statement. I don't blame him.

No, if anything I would be biased against JM if he were the drunk person as they tend to be the poor judgement sh!t starters in most situations.. if you are wandering around disoriented at 3pm you have problems and an injury of some sort was probably going to happen

I haven't gotten a straight answer from any post or news story. Is JM still on the team, and IL so, is he playing Saturday?

View attachment 499735View attachment 499736

If McCollough did indeed follow the guy out of the apartment and punch him, he did intentionally cause bodily harm, so yes he assaulted the other. And, while not a lawyer/judge/on the jury, I'd say breaking of teeth would be considered "serious bodily injury". So, based on what's known so far, yes he committed aggravated assault.

There’s a lot of ifs there that shows it’s not facts. Beyond a reasonable doubt is an incredibly high bar. The prosecution has to prove to me that jaylen did it and not the stairs. Dude had admitted to drinking and apparently drank enough to go to the wrong building in broad daylight. He said jaylen punched him down the stairs but given dudes mental state that he can’t go to the right building, it’s also just as likely he fell down the stairs which is what busted his face up. there’s reasonable doubt there to me.

VN Store

Back