Jay Graham

Going by 247 rankings, YAC was our third best recruiter. He was primary on Ramel Keyton, Eric Gray, and Melvin McBride. If he leaves, I'm not sure it's his recruiting that's the problem. It might be about fit. Maybe Pruitt is more demanding than his liking. This is just speculation. I know nothing as fact. But sometimes coaching styles don't mesh. The goal is overall good coaching chemistry, everyone on the same page.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Why not let CJP determine who stays on staff and who goes? All of you were excited to get Tee and then Ainsley but now think you know who best fits what Pruitt wants to accomplish.

I didn't know this was beyond discussion. If this is for realz, I got some ideas too!!

I really don't want to lose David Johnson. Great WR coach and he was our 2nd best recruiter behind Niedermeyer. If we're going to lose someone, rather it be Weinke.

Though, would be nice to find a way to get Tee Martin, David Johnson, and Jay Graham all on the same staff.

Help me out here. Neids, Tee, Ansley, Johnson and Graham....how do they compare as recruiters?

Hearing some rumors on TOS that David Johnson is leaving and we are getting Jay Graham. Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about this rumor?

As long as losing him doesn't hurt us in memphis. For first time we been able to years in row to get great players out of memphis

Gettting Jay Graham as the rb coach would be great,but,David Johnson is a hell of a good receivers coach.Our wr's,were head and shoulders above 2017's version.Be nice if we could keep YAC and get Jay.

I wouldn't say our receiver's were head and shoulders better.The WR's led the SEC in dropped passes and still weren't consistent at running route's well.

Reactions: johnrlansford
I wouldn't say our receiver's were head and shoulders better.The WR's led the SEC in dropped passes and still weren't consistent at running route's well.
They were a lot better last year than had been in a long time,especially for the 50-50 balls. It is difficult to teach a guy with stone hands to catch a ball.

The goal of CJP is to bring back the real traditions of UT football and do so with the VFL feel. Not sure where that went wrong in the db coaching front with T. Fair but yu won't find a better teacher of technique and foot work. Ansley is a beast on the recruiting front and a + to the staff from that standpoint. Now on CJG hearing he's coming back to upgrade the Rb coaching. Letting CRG go was a big mistake and CJP version of Band Man letting Pittman go. BUT i have al the confidence in CJP to fix it and have heard he's doing it by hiring Jay G. This would be a tremendous upgrade from last year because you could see the downgrade in Rb play from the 17 and 18 seasons and i say that was partly due to the coaching of the group. I have also been told that YAC has been looking arojnd because he wants to coach Wrs because that's his niche. In Graham and Tee both both would be upgrades and that's not taking a shot at ether coach before them.

Jay Graham was my first realization something was amiss with Butch.....Jay couldn't leave Big Orange Country fast enough to get away from Butch...

The goal of CJP is to bring back the real traditions of UT football and do so with the VFL feel. Not sure where that went wrong in the db coaching front with T. Fair but yu won't find a better teacher of technique and foot work. Ansley is a beast on the recruiting front and a + to the staff from that standpoint. Now on CJG hearing he's coming back to upgrade the Rb coaching. Letting CRG go was a big mistake and CJP version of Band Man letting Pittman go. BUT i have al the confidence in CJP to fix it and have heard he's doing it by hiring Jay G. This would be a tremendous upgrade from last year because you could see the downgrade in Rb play from the 17 and 18 seasons and i say that was partly due to the coaching of the group. I have also been told that YAC has been looking arojnd because he wants to coach Wrs because that's his niche. In Graham and Tee both both would be upgrades and that's not taking a shot at ether coach before them.
Yeah,
Letting Gillespie go was a big time mistake.
Never figured out what Pruitt was thinking on that decision???

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Well, just discussing how people are excited by some hires and then think they are more qualified than the head coach to relieve someone of his duties and make a hire. I guess it is how people phrase their discussion that amuses me. Have a good day!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Well, just discussing how people are excited by some hires and then think they are more qualified than the head coach to relieve someone of his duties and make a hire. I guess it is how people phrase their discussion that amuses me. Have a good day!
I think MOST on here realize Pruitt is infinitely more qualified to hire and fire than they are. That said I think most can recognize coaches that have been successful at other programs. I do think there is a really loud, idiotic minority on here though who sometimes post insane crap.

Reactions: 1955bamavol
Yeah,
Letting Gillespie go was a big time mistake.
Never figured out what Pruitt was thinking on that decision???

HC's want guys they are familiar with and trust. Why I was really shocked he hired Terry Fair. Believe this year's staff is a sign of CJP learning from first time HC mistakes. He never really trusted Helton to run the offense and then that took time away from his defense. Now he's got a veteran OC he can completely turn the offense over to. He also seems to have learned that he needs a veteran RB Coach. After Graham is added this is one of the best if not very best staff in college football. Loaded with veteran and successful SEC Coach's and elite recruiters up and down the staff. Think there's 3 Recruiter's of the year on staff plus Friend,Graham( soon to be),Chaney, Weinke and the rest of the staff. And a HC who year in and out was considered one of the top recruiters in the nation. Give credit to Fulmer for getting CJP the funds and means to hire this staff. Recruiting is getting fun again in Knoxville!

VN Store

Back