Jauan's Catch Against Georgia...

I will never get tired of watching that.
I will never get tried of watching Jennings high pointing the ball in the end zone and will never get tried of the look of disbelieve on the Bulldog fans faces that it just happen. But I can always do without watching Lyle dropping to his knees mid field.

As I watched Butch kneel on the field and later he said he was thinking about his father at that moment and I wondered in the same situation how would Pruitt react? I have a hard time visualizing Pruitt jumping for joy, maybe a wry smile. Anybody know him well enough to speculate on something like that?

I feel like Pruitt would flash the briefest smile, then quickly replace it with that that "Come on, I just filled the damn car up last Tuesday." annoyed expression he has when he does the Jeremy Pruitt show -- because he'd be thinking about how a little better defense would have made all that last second stuff irrelevant.

As I watched Butch kneel on the field and later he said he was thinking about his father at that moment and I wondered in the same situation how would Pruitt react? I have a hard time visualizing Pruitt jumping for joy, maybe a wry smile. Anybody know him well enough to speculate on something like that?
I thought he tweaked his knee after he jumped and hit the ground in pain

I agree. For a regular season game, I don't think Pruitt would jump like that. Maybe for an SEC/National Title.

I agree with the wry smile...just as he lifts up a wedge of unsweetened cornbread, takes a bite and nods his head in approval. "Way to strain, boys!"

I feel like Pruitt would flash the briefest smile, then quickly replace it with that that "Come on, I just filled the damn car up last Tuesday." annoyed expression he has when he does the Jeremy Pruitt show -- because he'd be thinking about how a little better defense would have made all that last second stuff irrelevant.

This is spot on. He would do a few claps, then in the on-the-field interview he would talk about how much better we should have played and that we have to stop needing Hail Mary plays to win games 😂

And I love it.

The surrender cobras of the Georgia fans in the background...
18634g.gif

Butch was a Vol man at this time. He loved it when the Vols won the big games. The Battle of Bristol comes to mind also.
I wish things would have worked out for him at TN. I liked the man, still do.

Reactions: bigdan
Butch was a Vol man at this time. He loved it when the Vols won the big games. The Battle of Bristol comes to mind also.
I wish things would have worked out for him at TN. I liked the man, still do.

I’ll give you that he genuinely wanted to win here, I believed him when he said “If it kills me, I will return UT to prominence.”

The guy was just in over his head. His failure was a combination of stubbornness and this being too much for him, which is a deadly combination.

Butch would still be at UT if he took the Dabo Swinney approach: get really good coordinators and let them run the show. He couldn’t do that. There’s a reason Shoop was a high-level DC everywhere except here, Shoop got here and was forced to run Butch’s defense.

Under the pressure of this job, we ended up with Butch punching a player, players punching each other, a starter leaving the team under some weird concussion-hiding fiasco, and recruiting tactics that guaranteed high school kids they would come in and start on day 1, which lead to a lopsided attrition rate.

Butch is a REALLY good coach at the mid-major level, some guys are just built for that league. If a G5 school lands him, they should celebrate. His philosophies don’t work in P5, but excel in G5.

I will never get tired of watching that.
The best part is the look on their faces when it happened. It was priceless. They just knew they had it in the bag. Their crowd was on level 10 lmao. I remember saying when uga scored WTF is Botch doing!!! True story i got so much Vol in me that i went right to " well Evan is going to run the kickoff back for a td." I didnt predict the hail mary but i sure as hell thought we could figure out a way.

The best part is the look on their faces when it happened. It was priceless. They just knew they had it in the bag. Their crowd was on level 10 lmao. I remember saying when uga scored WTF is Botch doing!!! True story i got so much Vol in me that i went right to " well Evan is going to run the kickoff back for a td." I didnt predict the hail mary but i sure as hell thought we could figure out a way.

The frown on the face of the pretty blonde at the front of the clip on Youtube says it all.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back