Jarrett Guarantano by the numbers through 10 games

A big deal was made of JG breaking Clausen's record of consecutive passes without interception. I would like see a comparison of the two's passes behind the line of scrimmage, 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, and further downfield. It may be my imagination, but it seems like two thirds of JG's passes are no further than 5 yds downfield. Just bubble screens, flairs, or short crossing routes. In JG's defense he is not calling the plays. But still a big deal was made, when the vast majority of Clausen's passes were down the field, with more risk of interception.

A big deal was made of JG breaking Clausen's record of consecutive passes without interception. I would like see a comparison of the two's passes behind the line of scrimmage, 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, and further downfield. It may be my imagination, but it seems like two thirds of JG's passes are no further than 5 yds downfield. Just bubble screens, flairs, or short crossing routes. In JG's defense he is not calling the plays. But still a big deal was made, when the vast majority of Clausen's passes were down the field, with more risk of interception.
This has got to stop. Can't you just support the kid. There's nobody better on our roster and if there was I would still want JG starting. There's no one tougher. Good grief people.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed our receivers led the SEC in dropped passes, and by a wide margin! Wonder how much higher his completion percentage would be - and how many more TDs he would have - if our receivers were within the top third best in drops? (Guess we could calculate the potential comp %)

Go Vols!!!

Hopefully Missouri's receivers are 2nd in drops where are those top 10 SEC stats on receiver drops?

Lol. Right. Difference of opinion = obvious enemy team troll. Youre smart.
Difference of opinion ?? Relentless trolling of a fan base esp one specific player is patent of evidence of an enemy pretending to be a fan.

Back to the swamp

Game-by-game passing numbers, first half/second half, and different spots on the field. What does everyone give him a grade for the season so far? Helton has done a good job with him.

Week 12: Guarantano by the numbers
He's getting better.... new system.... porous Oline..... he's done a very good job. I think he'll continue to improve and be a much bigger threat next year. Give the boy some protection and a running game and watch him go....

Highly underrated. He has taken care of the football and courageously made plays in the passing game without much of a rushing attack to take the heat off or an OL to adequately block. His qb efficiency rating is up with Manning's and Casey Clausen's. He has not been perfect, he has flaws. But he has improved greatly this year. He still has two more years, potentially. He might go down as one of our all time greats by the time his career is over.
This is definitely a possibility

Difference of opinion ?? Relentless trolling of a fan base esp one specific player is patent of evidence of an enemy pretending to be a fan.

Back to the swamp
Just because you settle for mediocrity and others dont doesn't mean they aren't fans. Facts you can't comprehend isn't trolling either.

ps. I went to UT.

It that why JG has a higher career ypa? And why is the only season that Clausen had a higher ypa than JG this year was when Stallworth and Washington both had over 800 yards and we had Jason Witten at te?

You are incorrect.

Clausen definitely had a better OL and supporting cast.
Casey threw a better deep ball... Casey didn't throw up many 50/50 prayers....
Casey was good at running the bootleg, too.

I think they do JG a huge disservice by not putting him under center and running that old-fashioned bootleg more. Heck fire, it made Crompton look like Joe Namath against UGA when Kiffy was here.

Tee Martin had the NCAA consecutive completions record for a while (against USCe). He didn't throw a bunch of little dumps in that game, but threw the ball all over the field that day.
However, NO ONE is ever going to argue that he was a better passer than Clausen, Shuler, or Manning.

JG does throw a lot of slants and quick passes--but those passes are NOT always easy, and usually the receiver is running into heavy traffic. Some smart Safeties with good anticipation feast on those routes.
JG's accomplishment is significant when all things are considered...and is a big deal.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back