Jarrett Guarantano by the numbers through 10 games

B+

I don't think we've seen the real JG because of the OL. Imagine how much more confident he'd be given another second or two to check down his targets further.
Solid C. One of the articles that was being thrown around timed him at 2.5 seconds snap to either release or getting creamed. You are now basically asking for 4.5 seconds? Pretty sure not even pro teams give the QB that long on average to throw.

B+

I don't think we've seen the real JG because of the OL. Imagine how much more confident he'd be given another second or two to check down his targets further.
And, I don't think we have seen the real JG yet either.

So, they show him with 2 picks this year. But didn't he just set a Tennessee record last week with the most pass attempts without a pick?

Reactions: tabrams
So, they show him with 2 picks this year. But didn't he just set a Tennessee record last week with the most pass attempts without a pick?
Yep. His sick completion % allowed him to fire off like 140ish passes without a pick for a staggering 9 touchdowns. Thats almost like 1 TD per game!!

Reactions: cbatey1
Solid C. One of the articles that was being thrown around timed him at 2.5 seconds snap to either release or getting creamed. You are now basically asking for 4.5 seconds? Pretty sure not even pro teams give the QB that long on average to throw.

Tua has had that kind of time many times this year. He can sit back in the pocket and survey the field whenever he wants. Of course he normally has the ball out of his hands much quicker. Why? Oh well he just happens to have the best WR corps in the country. Guys like Jeudy and Smith can both shred defenses quickly. We dont have anything close to that kind of speed.

Tree Fiddy plus

It is what it is. We're barely mediocre at this point. Only stat that's important to me is W-L.

I either trust CJP to put the best man for the team out there or I don't and if I don't then I need to be in a negavol thread calling for his ouster.

Highly underrated. He has taken care of the football and courageously made plays in the passing game without much of a rushing attack to take the heat off or an OL to adequately block. His qb efficiency rating is up with Manning's and Casey Clausen's. He has not been perfect, he has flaws. But he has improved greatly this year. He still has two more years, potentially. He might go down as one of our all time greats by the time his career is over.

I think he’s getting better each week. I have criticized him for not looking off and only throwing to his first choice. He looked off a few last week. That will improve.

And stepped up in the pocket. I was very surprised on that last play of the 2nd quarter. He did a superb job on that play.

VN Store

Back