Jarret Guarantano better than most vol fans think

All system. You wanna talk about a dink and dunk offense. JG had a much higher ypa than Minshew. Rating was 6 points lower than Minshew.

Also compared to the rest of the Pac12 they had better comparable talent around Minshew. They had a much better line and faster wide receivers. Another humongous reach.
So? How many TD's did JG throw compared to Minshew. (Not sure you know this but the more TD's you throw the better chances you have at winning). I'm sure Minshew probably only tossed about 8 or 12 his first two years right?

Oh..he had 55. But JG's ypa is better. JG must be great!

I love the meaningless stats you JG homers keep peddling to justify the mediocrity.

You guys look like a bunch of 7th graders arguing these numbers. I'm guessing with more attempts this season that JG has a big jump in yards, TDs, wins and will probably throw more Ints as well. Basic math that some of you simply can't comprehend. Comparing a QB in our system, especially our anemic offense last season to a pass happy Pac12 team who plays in a league where defense is an afterthought shows that either you are a dumbass in football knowledge or you are a troll. Either way you come off looking like a nasty old NegaVol and most Vol fans are tired of the weak NegaVols act. As for the JG fans, which really should be every Vol fan as the kid seems to be a good leader of our football team, leave the NegaVol trolls alone, let them continue to rag on our players, it only shows their lack of class.

Reactions: k-town_king
tenor.gif

You guys look like a bunch of 7th graders arguing these numbers. I'm guessing with more attempts this season that JG has a big jump in yards, TDs, wins and will probably throw more Ints as well. Basic math that some of you simply can't comprehend. Comparing a QB in our system, especially our anemic offense last season to a pass happy Pac12 team who plays in a league where defense is an afterthought shows that either you are a dumbass in football knowledge or you are a troll. Either way you come off looking like a nasty old NegaVol and most Vol fans are tired of the weak NegaVols act. As for the JG fans, which really should be every Vol fan as the kid seems to be a good leader of our football team, leave the NegaVol trolls alone, let them continue to rag on our players, it only shows their lack of class.

Solid contribution to the discussion. Zero refutation of the evidence presented to you, and a double application of ad hominem attacks on posters.

The irony in this post is palpable.

Having an opinion on a player is the point of having a fan forum.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I never said they were equal. I said Peyton would have problems too. Put your pitchfork down.

I will put my pitch fork down. Put on your readers for you to be able to read or work on your reading comprehension. I never said you said they were equal. I said you made a comparison with the two behind the same OL. That is laughable! Peyton wouldn't have performed like he did when he won Super Bowls. But, he would have compared night and day difference than JG. For you to even include Peyton in the same sentence and reference a comparison between the two is hilarious and very stupid!!!

Trying to compare a Mike Leach system qb numbers with the conservative offense coached by a first time play caller shows how far y'all are reaching.

I agree in part with this message. However, NO ONE has to reach far to point out a ton of inadequacies that JG has shown in the past. I hope all of you that thinks JG is already ELITE ends up being right though!!! That means UT wins a minimum of 8 games this season!!! =)

Reactions: AshleyTheVol
I don't agree with you on JG. I do think CJC will improve JG tremendously. But, I still don't see JG ever being ELITE. Mosts of your posts elude to JG already being ELITE. However, I do agree with you on the above post. You can't compare two QBs completely in two totally different systems.

He changed the whole conversation. Lol.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
And the QB had nothing to do with that, right? He was just a "victim" of it?

JG has physical talent. He's as tough as anyone you'll find. He seems to be a decent kid. He seems to try to lead the team though they'd have to tell you how well he does it... and they won't.

He still has other problems that contributed significantly to the "anemic offense last season". If he could pre-snap read D's well enough to run a "dink and dunk" O... maybe it wouldn't have been so anemic? But over the past 2 years they have not trusted his decision making well enough to let him run the quick slants, hitches, drags, hooks, etc that when done effectively burn a D for stunting and blitzing up front.

So... if it is being a Negavol to criticize one player... what about someone who blames everything on one position group?

I'm not a Pac12 fan. But having lived in Seattle for a bit I respect it more than a lot of SEC fans.

The median median ppg allowed in conference play in the SEC was 25.5. In the Pac12 it was 27.5. That's not a significant difference... nor an indication that defense is an afterthought.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Yes, k-town moved the goal posts again and I was just pointing it out in case Volgrad missed it. Get back to your racecar beds and posters.
He did not do more with less. He had a better line, wrs, and coaching.

No goalposts moved.

My point in saying you can't compare them is that Minshew was in a MUCH better situation.

I will put my pitch fork down. Put on your readers for you to be able to read or work on your reading comprehension. I never said you said they were equal. I said you made a comparison with the two behind the same OL. That is laughable! Peyton wouldn't have performed like he did when he won Super Bowls. But, he would have compared night and day difference than JG. For you to even include Peyton in the same sentence and reference a comparison between the two is hilarious and very stupid!!!

For the second time, I’m saying both quarterbacks would have problems with the 2018 OL. You even said it yourself, Peyton would have problems with the OLine. I never said they would have the same degree of difficulty and you can’t seem to comprehend this for some reason. Go ahead and replace Peyton with another QB if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the second time, I’m saying both quarterbacks would have problems with the 2018 OL. You even said it yourself, Peyton would have problems with the OLine. I never said they would have the same degree of difficulty and you can’t seem to comprehend this for some reason. Go ahead and replace Peyton with another QB if it helps get that rod out of your butt.

Defenses don't see JG as a threat passing or running the football.

All opposing defenses have to do is bring inside pressure so that JG can't step up (since he can't side step a rush or effectively roll out) and play the sticks.

For the second time, I’m saying both quarterbacks would have problems with the 2018 OL. You even said it yourself, Peyton would have problems with the OLine. I never said they would have the same degree of difficulty and you can’t seem to comprehend this for some reason. Go ahead and replace Peyton with another QB if it helps get that rod out of your butt.

You said Peyton would struggle. That wouldn't be the case. You keep thinking that Peyton would struggle like JG did because you don't have a clue!!! You are the one with a rod up your crack as well as too many rods to the head giving you brain damage!!!

He did not do more with less. He had a better line, wrs, and coaching.

No goalposts moved.

My point in saying you can't compare them is that Minshew was in a MUCH better situation.

You did move the goal post. You said name one. There were several named. Get off JG's jock and get a clue. He was serviceable at best last year. That was proven. He had ONE good game vs Auburn. Even then, the WRs made him look much better than the stats showed due to them going up and high pointing several 50/50 ballls because JG held onto the ball too long on those throws too. Do I think he can be very good under CJC and a better OL? Yes! But, all you who keep throwing up meaning less stats is ridiculous. A QBs job is to get the ball into playmakers hands and win games, period. He could have done much better in that department even with a subpar OL. Many very good/great QBs overcome and adapt to win!!!

You did move the goal post. You said name one. There were several named. Get off JG's jock and get a clue. He was serviceable at best last year. That was proven. He had ONE good game vs Auburn. Even then, the WRs made him look much better than the stats showed due to them going up and high pointing several 50/50 ballls because JG held onto the ball too long on those throws too. Do I think he can be very good under CJC and a better OL? Yes! But, all you who keep throwing up meaning less stats is ridiculous. A QBs job is to get the ball into playmakers hands and win games, period. He could have done much better in that department even with a subpar OL. Many very good/great QBs overcome and adapt to win!!!
Bro..a QBs job is to have a high completion % and good td to int ratio. Touchdowns? Winning games??? Lol. Meaningless here. It's all about that comp %, those "arm talent" remarks from experts, and those foosball summer camp participation trophy comments.

VN Store

Back