Janzen Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know that, while playing against Florida, Georgia, and Bama, amongst others, we still had a top 15 defense last year...Right?
those 3, even though AL had an awful offense, were far and away the best offensive teams we played last season. The rest were absolutely atrocious.

Our D was statistically strong because we played no offenses capable of sustaining drives, period.

those 3, even though AL had an awful offense, were far and away the best offensive teams we played last season. The rest were absolutely atrocious.

Our D was statistically strong because we played no offenses capable of sustaining drives, period.

Good point.

I hope this kid comes in and makes an immediate improvement to this secondary.

Jackson and Berry in the same secondary would be a huge plus when playing pass happy offenses, along with the hard hitting ability against the run (if the backs make it to that secondary?!) ....

We should have another year of great defense ....

I hope this kid comes in and makes an immediate improvement to this secondary.

Jackson and Berry in the same secondary would be a huge plus when playing pass happy offenses, along with the hard hitting ability against the run (if the backs make it to that secondary?!) ....

We should have another year of great defense ....
he might be an absolute monster, but don't forget that he's going to be a freshman corner and they tend to struggle.

Chavis' playcalling could diminish the performance of any D on the planet. As has been typical of his entire career, when talent and skill coaching were decisive then Chavis' D did well. When playcalling and adjustments were decisive... Chavis just didn't have it.

I often wondered if he'd ever heard of defensive audibles or fake blitzes.

When an O as bad as UCLA's can basically drive at will because they made adjustments with their weak O while you didn't with your superior D.... then you have a real problem.

Everyone knows that Jackson is good, but so is Myles Jr. Most on here seem to think that Jackson would be the most likely get PT next year, but I'm not so sure that Myles isn't gonna be the one to see the most PT.
I've watched some video on both, and they seem very similar. IMO Jackson is a little better athlete, while Myles is somewhat more aggressive. They should be a fun pair to watch over the next year or two.

Everyone knows that Jackson is good, but so is Myles Jr. Most on here seem to think that Jackson would be the most likely get PT next year, but I'm not so sure that Myles isn't gonna be the one to see the most PT.
I've watched some video on both, and they seem very similar. IMO Jackson is a little better athlete, while Myles is somewhat more aggressive. They should be a fun pair to watch over the next year or two.

I agree....both can be stars. Can't wait to see what they can do.

AHHHHH Am i the only one who thinks he is going to play safety? Seems like if he gets pt as freshman it will be at corner with Eric Berry and Morley at safety, but ultimatly he is going to show his true skill at safety. Opinions?

this kid will see pt as fresh he is 6' with a 37" vertical and 4:4 speed if he likes to hit half as much as Berry he will be a super star. He is a little short for corner but he makes up for that with god given ability. I'm not sure he will ever play saftey at TN. With a vertical like that and speed Monty will make this kid a lock down corner.

this kid will see pt as fresh he is 6' with a 37" vertical and 4:4 speed if he likes to hit half as much as Berry he will be a super star. He is a little short for corner but he makes up for that with god given ability. I'm not sure he will ever play saftey at TN. With a vertical like that and speed Monty will make this kid a lock down corner.
a little short for a corner?

he is 6'...that is not short at all for a corner.

regardless, I think he projects as a Safety

6 feet tall is not short for a corner. It's actually on the larger side. I agree with the rest of your asessment. He has NFL CB potential written all over him.

pardon my football ignorance, but which is more desirable to have, a dynamic safety or a lockdown corner?

That's an interesting question and a difficult one to answer. Both are valuable in their own separate ways. It's always nice to have a guy you can put on the other team's best receiver and expect him to limit that player without needing any safety help, but for me I would rather have my more capable athlete at Safety. It's a much more difficult position IMO and requires the ability to do many things well. If I had a guy that could play either equally well and needs did not enter into the decision, I would put him at safety before corner. JMO and I'm sure some would feel differently.

pardon my football ignorance, but which is more desirable to have, a dynamic safety or a lockdown corner?
it really depends...both are very hard to find...

with the size of today's WRs and the rules that tend to favor them, it's really rare to see an actual "lockdown" corner.

Dynamic safeties (think Ed Reed in the league and of course, Mr. Berry in the NCAA) also have the potential to be game changers by forcing turnovers...and the 2 I mentioned are especially coveted because they are so great defending the pass, but they don't give anything up defending the run either...

today, with the current landscape, I will take the elite Safety.

your right that is not at all short for a corner I 'm just saying that todays receivers are getting bigger and defenses are going to have to adjust. I really think Jackson will make a great corner but where ever he plays I'm just glad he is all vol.

he might be an absolute monster, but don't forget that he's going to be a freshman corner and they tend to struggle.
Oh...well according to several posters on this board, that argued with me about how Morley sucked his freshman year because he was highly rated and played like a freshman, JJ should be an Eric Berry clone. Apparently when you're highly rated coming out of HS you're not allowed to make freshman mistakes.

Oh...well according to several posters on this board, that argued with me about how Morley sucked his freshman year because he was highly rated and played like a freshman, JJ should be an Eric Berry clone. Apparently when you're highly rated coming out of HS you're not allowed to make freshman mistakes.

You just can't let things go, can you? Thing about Morley is that he is still making many of those same mistakes. He is often out of position and makes stupid decisions. No one has ever argued that he has the physical tools to do it, he just lacks the football IQ to be elite. I don't think you will see him as a part of this team next year, but that's JMO.

I wouldn't compare any incoming player to Morley. Not in a positive light at least.

You just can't let things go, can you? Thing about Morley is that he is still making many of those same mistakes. He is often out of position and makes stupid decisions. No one has ever argued that he has the physical tools to do it, he just lacks the football IQ to be elite. I don't think you will see him as a part of this team next year, but that's JMO.

I wouldn't compare any incoming player to Morley. Not in a positive light at least.
I never said that he lived up to his potential, I just stated that he had a good FRESHMAN season and showed a lot of promise. And with your standards, JJ is going to have to be perfect or he is a failure.

If JJ gets moved to corner, he's going to be pissed.

Based on what??? He played cornerback in High School. It wouldn't even be a move for him! The kid is rare in that he could play either position well. As a coach's son, I think he will play where the coaches tell him to play. Unbelievable comment....

I never said that he lived up to his potential, I just stated that he had a good FRESHMAN season and showed a lot of promise. And with your standards, JJ is going to have to be perfect or he is a failure.

My standards? I didn't even take part in your initial argument so how would you know anything about my standards? Seriously dude, you need to back away from the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back