Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

It seems like everyone on here has a very short memory has everyone forgotten the last three coaching searches? No proven coach is going to come here under the current administration.

Gary Patterson was all but hired until he was deemed too much of a football coach whatever the hell that means

Then it was Dan Mullins but they couldn't come to terms over the money.

Then it was Greg schiano but the internet gathered their collective pitchforks and torches and ended that.

Then it was Mike gundy who used us to get a raise at Oklahoma State.

People are going to have to swallow their pride and realize Tennessee is not the job it was to decades ago. UT is probably going to have to take a chance on an unproven coach and hope he can build it back up to where it was 20 years ago.

Who is Dan Mullins?

It seems like everyone on here has a very short memory has everyone forgotten the last three coaching searches? No proven coach is going to come here under the current administration.

Gary Patterson was all but hired until he was deemed too much of a football coach whatever the hell that means

Then it was Dan Mullins but they couldn't come to terms over the money.

Then it was Greg schiano but the internet gathered their collective pitchforks and torches and ended that.

Then it was Mike gundy who used us to get a raise at Oklahoma State.

People are going to have to swallow their pride and realize Tennessee is not the job it was to decades ago. UT is probably going to have to take a chance on an unproven coach and hope he can build it back up to where it was 20 years ago.

Lol, like that’s been working out for us.

Lol, like that’s been working out for us.

What are you talking about? We've taken the only coaches that would take the job. The last couple of times we've had a chance to hire a legitimate coach, the administration screwed it up. I'm not sure what your point is with your drive by comment. Can you explain or expound on it just a little bit?

What are you talking about? We've taken the only coaches that would take the job. The last couple of times we've had a chance to hire a legitimate coach, the administration screwed it up. I'm not sure what your point is with your drive by comment. Can you explain or expound on it just a little bit?

You said the Administration should take a chance on an unproven coach, hoping he’ll work out.

We’ve done this with Dooley, Butch, and now Pruitt.

All three are bad coaches who had no business being in Knoxville.

If Fulmer wants to keep his job, he needs to go after Hugh Freeze or Campbell.

We’re in no position to be settling for anybody.

How is Campbell unproven?
He doesn’t impress me. His record is nothing to get excited about. Who has he beat?

I also left another coach off my list that I’d take and that’s Kiffin. He will turn Ole Miss into a powerhouse if he stays there.

He doesn’t impress me. His record is nothing to get excited about. Who has he beat?

I also left another coach off my list that I’d take and that’s Kiffin. He will turn Ole Miss into a powerhouse if he stays there.

You are star gazing. We had a chance to hire CLK and Fulmer chose Pruitt, CLK isn’t leaving ‘Ol Miss now.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
You are star gazing. We had a chance to hire CLK and Fulmer chose Pruitt, CLK isn’t leaving ‘Ol Miss now.
I was one of the ones saying to hire Kiffin. Fulmer doesn’t like him, so he is out anyways. But if we just gonna hire another mediocre guy, we might as well ride this out. Pruitt does know talent, and does recruit pretty good. He just needs to be HC, get a real Offensive guy and let him handle the offense and Ansley can handle the D.

Reactions: A.J.
I was one of the ones saying to hire Kiffin. Fulmer doesn’t like him, so he is out anyways. But if we just gonna hire another mediocre guy, we might as well ride this out. Pruitt does know talent, and does recruit pretty good. He just needs to be HC, get a real Offensive guy and let him handle the offense and Ansley can handle the D.
Pruitt knows defense?

Reactions: NEO and hog88

I’d like to hire Freeze or Bob Stoops myself but I just don’t see us doing it. There are a 3-4 coaches out there that have built winning programs from nothing that I wouldn’t be upset if we hired.

I do think Chadwell is an intriguing candidate.
Masters degree in Business and he fast-tracked from his first job as an assistant to his first head coaching job in 9 years. He’s been successful everywhere he has been.

The glaring red flag is that he has never worked in any capacity at a power 5 university. For that reason, I don’t know that he is ready for a job like Tennessee. I have 3 power 5 assistant coaches on my board ahead of him.

Think he likely ends up at Vanderbilt or South Carolina.
Absolutely no way!!!!!!! Be serious man!!! First off, he isn’t giving power 5 jobs like USCjr the time of day. He will get his shot soon, and it will be a premiere job

Chadwell is too big of a risk
For us, I agree!!!!

Like freeze did?

Like freeze did?
Freeze wouldn’t be my #1, but he has knocked off Bama a few times. I know he had to cheat to do it, but all it did was even the playing field, cause Saban’s been cheating for years. But, No! Kiffin will get all Memphis talent going forward as well as his pick of offensive talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: escapegoat2
You said the Administration should take a chance on an unproven coach, hoping he’ll work out.

We’ve done this with Dooley, Butch, and now Pruitt.

All three are bad coaches who had no business being in Knoxville.

If Fulmer wants to keep his job, he needs to go after Hugh Freeze or Campbell.

We’re in no position to be settling for anybody.

no I said they offered the job to proven high profile coaches those years got turned down and HAD to hire these coaches.

Now, the program is so down they have no choice BUT to hire unproven young coach.

no I said they offered the job to proven high profile coaches those years got turned down and HAD to hire these coaches.

Now, the program is so down they have no choice BUT to hire unproven young coach.

We had ADs nobody wanted to work for.

Freeze, Stoops, Meyers or stick with what we have, same difference. No more unproven coaching hires.
I agree with them guys, I also think if your going to go wild card it's Sark from bama. I know his past but I could see him having success being older and learning under Saban. He does know offense and Qb's. But he would be down the list. Urban has the ego to take it and could win here no doubt. I think he would consider it, but we would have to pay him 6-7 million a year. I think Freeze would also love the job, not sure about Stoops he is older and how much fire does he have plus he has millions already. I personally think Lane probably wishes he hadn't left here and would love to come back, but Tennessee will never do that. GBO!

Oklahoma. Twice. And he's the first ISU coach to beat OU and Texas in the same season. He's taking the worst power 5 program in the nation, a program that has never won a conference title, to the Big 12 title game.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If we could get out of the buyout, I would love to buy low on a coach like Chadwell or Healy. I think both of them are going to be stars. Don’t see how we can pay 12 million and then not hire a proven winner.
Tennessee has got to stop with the cheaper hires. You pay freeze or potentially Herman 6-7 mil to come here. Bargain bin hires won’t cut it because the fans aren’t going to give 5 years to a coach.

VN Store

Back