Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

CC is a very small school so in no way shape or fashion should they be winning any games much less this much success. Chadwell and his staff have been together at 3 different places now and in all 3 they have been hugely successful!! Louisiana has 1 loss and to guess who? Should be a great game next week when they play each other. I’m picking CC
While also having to vacation wins and and a playoff win in 2015 along vacate the Big South Championship. I pretty sure his staff done that to. Also 76-51 record and 16-16 at costal is not that impressive.

The only unproven HC I would be willing to take would be Joe Brady because at least we will have some decent QB play. Thats only if we can’t land Gruden, Meyer, or Lombardi of course

No thank you. Luke Fickle is a far better option than him and Bill Clarke would be a better pick than him also. Chadwell will get his chance but having a good season at coastal doesn’t warrant him a job at Tennessee just yet. Now look at the job Fickle has done and he has had them in the top 10 all year or most of it and his teams keep improving and he came from Ohio State to Cincy. If we going to go with young good coach Fickle is it. But if you want someone that has proven that he can beat the big boys of the SEC then Freeze is the call to make.

Google Chadwell at least would you. Wikipedia shows his whole coaching record. He's had success more than at just Coastal Carolina. BTW...WHO ELSE HAS EVER HAD SUCCESS AT COAST CAROLINA????.
You just brush that aside like it's no big deal.

Glad you're not making decisions 😌

Reactions: 9876543vol
Hugh Freeze..... Its not rocket science... Hes the best available coach that would consider taking the job....
Agreed.

But Chadwell is the real deal. Freeze has just proven it longer on a bigger stage. And he's only 50 his self. So Freeze needs to be brought here for 6-7 mil.

Reactions: vols1071
Google Chadwell at least would you. Wikipedia shows his whole coaching record. He's had success more than at just Coastal Carolina. BTW...WHO ELSE HAS EVER HAD SUCCESS AT COAST CAROLINA????.

They’ve only been playing big time football for 4 years. Lol quit acting like it’s some miracle to beat Weak teams

They’ve only been playing big time football for 4 years. Lol quit acting like it’s some miracle to beat Weak teams
Only been playing bigtime football for 4 years..

Uhm. Thanks proving my point??👍

Only been playing bigtime football for 4 years..

Uhm. Thanks proving my point??👍
You said no one has ever done that at CC before when they didn’t even have a football program prior lol. But continue to be impressed with Sun Belt schedules 😂

Yup and also google says chadwell is 16-16 at coastal and also had to vacate what 18 wins at CS and vacate the Bigsouth and also vacate a playoff win in 2015. We talking about the coach? Coaching at Delta State is a lot different than coaching at a Power 5.

Should go to a lower tier P5 school first like Cal, Utah, VT, 'Cuse, GT etc.

There's a BIG difference between, say, Pruitt and someone like Chadwell. Pruitt had never been anything but an assistant. The young head coaches like Chadwell and Napier both have head coaching experience. And both have experience turning around bad teams and making them good. Yes, it's an experiment from the standpoint they aren't Power 5 coaches but they have head coaching experience and have proven on their level they can get the job done.

When we hired Precious (Dooley) he wasn't even a good head coach at Louisiana Tech. Jones would come in behind Brian Kelly's rebuilt teams and kind of ride his wave to the next job. I knew that Jones was a disaster the second we hired him. I have a good friend that lives in Cinci and I followed them for moral support. That program was going downhill fast with the little trumpet blower with the Napoleon complex on the sidelines. He was just smart enough to know when to try to flee one job and move to the next because even he knew he was full of crap.

But anyway - there will be a narrative pushed that we can't go for the "bargain bin" coaches. That's not true. Just DON'T go for a coach that hasn't been a head coach. Go for someone that has head coaching experience that shows they can make bad teams good and elevate the team with their coaching acumen. That's why Matt Campbell is my number one choice and it's not even close. Then I'd go Fickell, Chadwell, Freeze, Sitake, Napier, and Holliday as the fallback option. Every last one of them have turned bad teams around and have proven track records as head coaches.
Funny thing is Jones is twice the coach Beldar is.

Freeze would have to be the #1 option. He has proven he can beat Bama and done so multiple times. Those other coaches are good coaches but no experience beating the caliber of teams like Freeze had to when he was beating SEC teams and had ole miss #1 at one point. He had a great offense snd great defense. Remember the land sharks.
Freeze was cheating at a level that was eye popping, even in the SEC. This idea that it’s a race and bidding war to see who gets him is absurd.

Freeze was cheating at a level that was eye popping, even in the SEC. This idea that it’s a race and bidding war to see who gets him is absurd.
Every P5 program does the same things they were doing, cash and car loans. Bama made an artform of deferred payment car loans for football players. Once name, image, likeness goes into effect next year, it will forever remove the need for that kind of stuff.

Need a proven big time head coach at this point. No more experiments

Yep I'd rather have an Interim HC for a year or longer, If need be. Go after and secure a proven P5 that can do it for at least 10 years. Let Tee be the Interim and do your due diligence & spend what it takes . Make it a one time big splash that will ultimately pay for itself.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer are the only names that would generate the level of excitement and confidence it would take to motivate our boosters enough to cough up another $20 million buyout money.

Yep we have really good talent in our Freshman & Sophomore classes. The instant turn around Mullens did at UF from a 4 win season could happen here with the right P5 HC. I'm sure if Mullens had not went to UF nobody would know who 2 star Kyle Trask is.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Hugh Freeze..... Its not rocket science... Hes the best available coach that would consider taking the job....
Honestly, I'm starting to wonder. Heard some commentary on Basilio's podcast about Freeze's inability to stay off social media and having a thin skin. Decided to look him up on Twitter and he does seem to be sensitive to criticism even at Liberty. Not sure how that will play with our fan base/boards/voltwitter. If we could somehow keep him off it or learn to ignore the trolls and use it as a tool in recruiting/PR, he'd be the obvious choice.

Last edited:
Every P5 program does the same things they were doing, cash and car loans. Bama made an artform of deferred payment car loans for football players. Once name, image, likeness goes into effect next year, it will forever remove the need for that kind of stuff.
Believe it or not, it’s legal. A lender can take the risk and lend to whom they want.
Sorry, Freeze was recruiting like Bama at a school that was a perennial loser. It’s not close. Hookers on speed dial. Direct cash payments.

The “everyone is doing it” thing doesn’t fly.

Believe it or not, it’s legal. A lender can take the risk and lend to whom they want.
Sorry, Freeze was recruiting like Bama at a school that was a perennial loser. It’s not close. Hookers on speed dial. Direct cash payments.

The “everyone is doing it” thing doesn’t fly.
if you like losing, you picked the right program.

VN Store

Back