Jamey Chadwell (Coastal Carolina)

We won 9 games twice in the last 5 years. We aren’t the Washington Generals just yet
Sadly, those years were either under Butch or benefiting from his recruits. I can't believe we actually took such a huge step down from that head coach. It just doesn't seem possible but it clearly is.

Freeze was cheating at a level that was eye popping, even in the SEC. This idea that it’s a race and bidding war to see who gets him is absurd.
So much cheating that he was actually never put on probation by the NCAA and he actually resigned his position without getting fired. Last time I checked he been coaching in the NCAA and is doing well for multiple years now. So why not go get him when someone else eventually will. A coach like that will not be at Liberty or a school like it for ever.

Believe it or not, it’s legal. A lender can take the risk and lend to whom they want.
Sorry, Freeze was recruiting like Bama at a school that was a perennial loser. It’s not close. Hookers on speed dial. Direct cash payments.

The “everyone is doing it” thing doesn’t fly.
Thing else everyone else was doing it. But they NCAA has to pick carefully who they wanna get mad at and punish. Just look at men’s basketball. UNC and Kansas should have been on probation but nope they let them fly under the radar while being under fbi investigation but yet hit Jackson State Football with violations for recruiting. The NCAA has to do enough to act like they care when truly all they care about is the cash cows that bring in the money.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder. Heard some commentary on Basilio's podcast about Freeze's inability to stay off social media and having a thin skin. Decided to look him up on Twitter and he does seem to be sensitive to criticism even at Liberty. Not sure how that will play with our fan base/boards/voltwitter. If we could somehow keep him off it or learn to ignore the trolls and use it as a tool in recruiting/PR, he'd be the obvious choice.
He is proven offensively and has been a winner wherever he has been.... I'll take a thin skinned coach if he can get it done

Reactions: escapegoat2
I do think Chadwell is an intriguing candidate.
Masters degree in Business and he fast-tracked from his first job as an assistant to his first head coaching job in 9 years. He’s been successful everywhere he has been.

The glaring red flag is that he has never worked in any capacity at a power 5 university. For that reason, I don’t know that he is ready for a job like Tennessee. I have 3 power 5 assistant coaches on my board ahead of him.

Think he likely ends up at Vanderbilt or South Carolina.

A few sports writers on Twitter are saying he is our inevitable next HC.

I know very little about this guy.

Anyone got specific details on him other than his wikipedia page?

Would this be a good hire?

It doesn’t matter. We’ll wait too long to fire Pruitt and another team will get him.

To answer your question though I’d say he’s a good coach based on what’s he’s done with this Coastal Carolina team

Reactions: tnktm
If Texas hires Meyer then I would take Tom Herman and see if he would take a lower salary to continue to earn his payout from Texas. We seem to do pretty well with Texas’ sloppy seconds recently.

Reactions: LittleVol
Better go look at Chadwell’s total record along with NCAA recruiting violations. DONT go hire the newest shiny object, hire a seasoned coach.

Reactions: ButchPlz
He has no big time college football experience. Neither as coach or player. Would worry me greatly. Surprised Billy Napier gets so little mention.

It seems like everyone on here has a very short memory has everyone forgotten the last three coaching searches? No proven coach is going to come here under the current administration.

Gary Patterson was all but hired until he was deemed too much of a football coach whatever the hell that means

Then it was Dan Mullins but they couldn't come to terms over the money.

Then it was Greg schiano but the internet gathered their collective pitchforks and torches and ended that.

Then it was Mike gundy who used us to get a raise at Oklahoma State.

People are going to have to swallow their pride and realize Tennessee is not the job it was to decades ago. UT is probably going to have to take a chance on an unproven coach and hope he can build it back up to where it was 20 years ago.

VN Store

Back