Jalin Hyatt set an NFL record already

Curious. Was Tyreek Hill's time in a game or also in camp in shorts?
I think Tyreek is still faster regardless of what the time was. Chidobe Awuzie clocked at 23mph a couple years ago in an actual game but there is no way he could beat Tyreek in a footrace. Hyatt is fast as hell but I think he is more like 4.3 fast. Tyreek is legit 4.2 fast maybe faster. TBH I think Squirrel is a little faster than Hyatt.

I think Tyreek is still faster regardless of what the time was. Chidobe Awuzie clocked at 23mph a couple years ago in an actual game but there is no way he could beat Tyreek in a footrace. Hyatt is fast as hell but I think he is more like 4.3 fast. Tyreek is legit 4.2 fast maybe faster. TBH I think Squirrel is a little faster than Hyatt.

White may very well be "quicker" than Hyatt but it's very unlikely he's "faster". The fastest 100m time I've seen for White is a 10.68. Make no mistake that's fast. Hyatt has gone 10.46. That's the fastest time run by anyone in SC for 2019. To give you the idea of "quick" (think 40) and "fast" (top speed).

The top 2 fastest mph runs in 2017 were by Leonard Fournette. (22.05 & 21.76) He ran a 4.51 at the combine. In 2021 the 6th fastest run was Derrick Henry (21.8) who had a 4.54 combine 40. Obviously they don't have as ferocious a start as some other guys but if given enough strides to reach the higher gears they can fly.

...no Hyatt clocked 24 mph in a real situation.

So no he's actually not faster. Hill only clocked 23.2 mph

Hyatt 4.4 flat not 4.3

Hyatt 4.4 flat not 4.3
They haven't played a real game yet so how was it a real situation?? On top of that nobody I. The league can catch Tyreek so he has no need to reach 24mph. I wish they could race so I could bet on Tyreek. U would lose and it wouldn't be close.Tyreek is Olympic fast Hyatt is just regular fast.

Hyatt 4.4 flat not 4.3

Hill was in full uniform in an actual football game on a KOR. Hyatt was in training camp and not in full pads.

Jalin Hyatt makes early NFL history at training camp

Looking forward to seeing what kind of in game speeds Jalin can put up. As long as he stays healthy and working hard it looks like he's going to get some opportunity.

White may very well be "quicker" than Hyatt but it's very unlikely he's "faster". The fastest 100m time I've seen for White is a 10.68. Make no mistake that's fast. Hyatt has gone 10.46. That's the fastest time run by anyone in SC for 2019. To give you the idea of "quick" (think 40) and "fast" (top speed).

The top 2 fastest mph runs in 2017 were by Leonard Fournette. (22.05 & 21.76) He ran a 4.51 at the combine. In 2021 the 6th fastest run was Derrick Henry (21.8) who had a 4.54 combine 40. Obviously they don't have as ferocious a start as some other guys but if given enough strides to reach the higher gears they can fly.

This^ a lot of ppl just look at the final 40 time and say OK that's all I need to know BUT if a Receiver gets a step during the transition of the route and he is just faster in stride, sans out of the blocks or off the line, the guy will never cover him on a go route. See Alabama game, their DBs where not stiffs from a D2 team, I mean everybody says their whole teams 5 stars and 5 star back-ups. LOL. and he made them look silly. Even with Saban being the Savant of DBs coaches.

Last edited:
Grew up in NJ as a Giants fan, but turned my allegiance against them when they sucked sooooo bad in the 70s and most of the 80s. The '87 team was special but I could not rally around Peyton's brother (what was his name...???) however, w JH now a Giant, I am going to be rooting for my old team this year.

• WR Jalin Hyatt: It looked like Hyatt had an uphill climb to an immediate role when he was buried on the third-team offense all spring. That was understandable because there were clear areas in which the third-round pick needed to develop despite his gaudy production at Tennessee.

Well, Hyatt has proved to be fast at everything, including moving up the depth chart. Hyatt, who spent time during the break before camp working with quarterback Daniel Jones, earned more reps with the starters after repeatedly burning the second-team defense for long touchdowns. That big-play ability continued with the starters, as Jones and Hyatt connected for two deep touchdowns in Thursday’s practice.

The Biletnikoff Award winner isn’t lacking confidence, as Hyatt identified winning Offensive Rookie of the Year as his goal for this season. Hyatt still needs to develop the finer points of playing wide receiver in the NFL before that goal becomes a reality, but he’s already shown he will add a much-needed home-run threat to the offense.
Giants stock report: Who’s rising and who’s falling halfway through training camp

I sure wish he would have gone to the Titans, Broncos or Cowboys instead.

Yeah, I don't folllow the NFL anymore, but as a lifelong Eagles fan who despises the Giants, and always just hope that UT players end up anywhere but there.

The Giants may have gotten the steal of the draft. It's absurd that given the pass happy nature of the NFL now and the emphasis on WR's who can take the top off a defense that Jalin would have fallen as far as he did.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

I think Squirrel has already recorded a 24 plus mph speed.

Reactions: 901 Orange

VN Store

Back