Jalen Johnson enters transfer portal

Extremely different set of circumstances. Pons had little To no success on the perimeter. James has had a lot
What difference does that make? So, since Pons couldn’t cut it on the perimeter, that somehow precludes JJJ from having success in a point forward role? The two ideas aren’t mutually exclusive.

Thank god they’d have 3 available scholarships at least

That’s great but you know as well
As I do bigs aren’t ready to play big roles very quickly especially under Barnes. Williams is the only one that has done it

Look I see this as going all in for next year and I respect that. This kid might put us over the top for a conference title or win an extra game in the tourney. If he does that it’s worth it but there clearly is a trade off.

What difference does that make? So, since Pons couldn’t cut it on the perimeter, that somehow precludes JJJ from having success in a point forward role? The two ideas aren’t mutually exclusive.

JJJ is never going to play the 4 with any kind of significant minutes

Doesn’t matter if pons,
Bradshaw or Moore have done it before. He’s not going to do it

Extremely different set of circumstances. Pons had little To no success on the perimeter. James has had a lot
He’s already one of our best rebounders, with another year in the weight room I definitely think it’s plausible in a small ball lineup. Pretty similar size to Tyler Smith.

Reactions: walkenvol
That’s great but you know as well
As I do bigs aren’t ready to play big roles very quickly especially under Barnes. Williams is the only one that has done it

Yet he had multiple kids do it late on in his career at Texas? You can say he hasn’t here but Alexander and Williams kinda we’re blocking those spots, can mention Fulk showing out pre-injury.

Yet he had multiple kids do it late on in his career at Texas? You can say he hasn’t here but Alexander and Williams kinda we’re blocking those spots, can mention Fulk showing out pre-injury.

Alexander wasn’t ready. Fulky I give you.

As for James he’s just too good and has too big of a future on the perimeter to move to a 4 more than a few minutes a game. I could see that happening late in games but not any kind of a permanent move

Alexander wasn’t ready. Fulky I give you.

As for James he’s just too good and has too big of a future on the perimeter to move to a 4 more than a few minutes a game. I could see that happening late in games but not any kind of a permanent move
In year 2 Alexander was ready...my point being that Alexander and Williams had the 4/5 on lock, so nobody was gonna come in and show much early, those guys were blocking it.

I never called for it to be his primary position, I was simply saying that if you don’t get much post help and are loaded at guard that would be an option.

The big picture was I don’t see 2021-2022 being a 17-18 win season because we take Anosike, and I would lay a lot of money on that.

The big picture was I don’t see 2021-2022 being a 17-18 win season because we take Anosike, and I would lay a lot of money on that.

It took a imperfect storm to happen this year but it did. Poor recruiting made it more possible.

I’m just saying taking minutes from OLN, pember and uros makes it more likely they never play significant minutes here again and in turn makes another imperfect storm more likely in 2 years.

I have said it may be worth it though

It took a imperfect storm to happen this year but it did. Poor recruiting made it more possible.

I’m just saying taking minutes from OLN, pember and uros makes it more likely they never play significant minutes here again and in turn makes another imperfect storm more likely in 2 years.

I definitely see what you are saying, but I think pember will redshirt next year whether we get a grad transfer or not to give him an extra year that he needs so taking a grad transfer doesn't really affect his minutes.

I don’t take the class of 2020 as poor recruiting, add in Bailey (wink wink), and then 2021 class looking just fine and I’m not really worried. Anosike fills a niche, I wouldn’t have taken a James Daniel over a high school big, but between Cardwell and Anosike I will take Anosike.

I don’t take the class of 2020 as poor recruiting, add in Bailey (wink wink), and then 2021 class looking just fine and I’m not really worried. Anosike fills a niche, I wouldn’t have taken a James Daniel over a high school big, but between Cardwell and Anosike I will take Anosike.

Maybe they find a way to take both. I could see one more transfer in the future. Not sure who it will be, but I see it happening.

He’s already one of our best rebounders, with another year in the weight room I definitely think it’s plausible in a small ball lineup. Pretty similar size to Tyler Smith.
Exactly. I'm not saying it will happen, but to pass it off as if it's impossible is silly.

Hard to see increasing competition for playing time as a bad thing

I had heard Pons is married did he marry a French girl or college girl from USA. Seems the marriage part would play a role in him going to Europe or not.
I believe was married before ever arriving at Tennessee so I'd assume she's French. I think I've also seen it mentioned that they have a child. However, I could be wrong on that last part.

VN Store

Back