Jalen Johnson enters transfer portal

Well it’s been said Louisville is in this thread
Yes, already aware of them. That’s the only one I’ve heard.
So, I did some personal research. SH improves their record dramatically from his freshman to junior year going from a winning % of .323. to .606. Anosike was the leading scorer. So, no question he is good at that level, but this isn’t even Wofford level b-ball.
Their team only played two higher level teams and those weren’t great teams. He held his own in those games but nothing spectacular and below his averages.

He isn’t a five, which is what we need as Plavisc is gonna be a slow development. 6’6” is a generous estimate. As a grad transfer I don’t see a lot of minutes. Further, this fails to address long term post needs with Fulk and Pons both seniors.

So, I did some personal research. SH improves their record dramatically from his freshman to junior year going from a winning % of .323. to .606. Anosike was the leading scorer. So, no question he is good at that level, but this isn’t even Wofford level b-ball.
Their team only played two higher level teams and those weren’t great teams. He held his own in those games but nothing spectacular and below his averages.

He isn’t a five, which is what we need as Plavisc is gonna be a slow development. 6’6” is a generous estimate. As a grad transfer I don’t see a lot of minutes. Further, this fails to address long term post needs with Fulk and Pons both seniors.

Kentucky took Nate Sestina from Bucknell, he gave them 20mpg 6ppg 4rpg this past season...Fulky is likely to be our 5, if you add a dominant 5 that needs 30mpg, that means Fulk plays the 4, which means Pons goes to the bench or the 3 where he’s not comfortable. Adding a guy that can play 4/5 is welcomed imo, and Grant Williams did pretty good at the 5 at 6’6”.

Their team only played two higher level teams and those weren’t great teams. He held his own in those games but nothing spectacular and below his averages. .

Not true. Had 20/7 against providence and only played 20min due to foul trouble in the other HL game where he had 10/7

He is a rebounder and can help this team for that reason alone. I don’t like the take because I am looking down the road a year but if you aren’t impressed by Louisville recruiting him that says a lot about you being off

Kentucky took Nate Sestina from Bucknell, he gave them 20mpg 6ppg 4rpg this past season...Fulky is likely to be our 5, if you add a dominant 5 that needs 30mpg, that means Fulk plays the 4, which means Pons goes to the bench or the 3 where he’s not comfortable. Adding a guy that can play 4/5 is welcomed imo, and Grant Williams did pretty good at the 5 at 6’6”.
This guy is no Grant Williams. They need a big that can guard the other teams five to give Fulk legitimate rest.
regardless, this isn’t where the post roster needs to be at this point in Barnes’ career. He doesn’t seem to be doing well on recruiting top post prospects.

Not true. Had 20/7 against providence and only played 20min due to foul trouble in the other HL game where he had 10/7

He is a rebounder and can help this team for that reason alone. I don’t like the take because I am looking down the road a year but if you aren’t impressed by Louisville recruiting him that says a lot about you being off
Sorry, missed them. I was looking at UCF and UConn.
I don’t know enough about Louisville’s roster and who they are losing and bringing in. I do know they have/had a lot more depth and size in the post than UT. There is a lot more to it than what you are saying.

I don’t know enough about Louisville’s roster and who they are losing and bringing in. I do know they have/had a lot more depth and size in the post than UT. There is a lot more to it than what you are saying.

I Don’t need to know Louisville roster to know they have one of the best coaches In the country that knows exactly what he is doing

So Louisville’s post roster is lacking huh? Mack struggling?

This guy is no Grant Williams. They need a big that can guard the other teams five to give Fulk legitimate rest.
regardless, this isn’t where the post roster needs to be at this point in Barnes’ career. He doesn’t seem to be doing well on recruiting top post prospects.
I never said he was Grant Williams, no he’s not a 1st round NBA draft pick....but I think he can probably give 20mpg, 10 at the 4&5 each...probably give 7&6 a night.

The positives about him are can play anywhere from the 2 to the 4, is a monster defender and rebounder - also like the Evan Daniels blurb that he is a team player. He reminds me more of Schofield than Grant in his style of play. Google him and watch his junior year highlights

So Louisville’s post roster is lacking huh? Mack struggling?
You just can’t help but be contentious can you?
My point is they are looking at him in a much different role. Like someone said, a Schofield type in a swing role. I’d say Pons amd JJJ already fill that role. UT desperately needs 6’8” big bodies. Fulk isn’t a five and the only other five body they have is Uros and we’ve seen what a project he is.

I don’t see his rebound numbers translating to the SEC and I think that’s a fair criticism.

You just can’t help but be contentious can you?
My point is they are looking at him in a much different role. Like someone said, a Schofield type in a swing role. I’d say Pons amd JJJ already fill that role. UT desperately needs 6’8” big bodies. Fulk isn’t a five and the only other five body they have is Uros and we’ve seen what a project he is.

I don’t see his rebound numbers translating to the SEC and I think that’s a fair criticism.
Fulk proved he can be a pretty damn good 5, yes he can use some help, but if you paid attention Pons is far better at the 4...that also means Fulky will mostly play the 5...I do agree that ideally a guy 6’9”+ that brings rim protection would be nice, but there aren’t too many options like that, at least as of today. Rebounding is usually the most translateable stat, it may not be 100% but should for the most part.

The post play will be better when you have elite guards. It opens up the floor.

In Rivals top 75, there were 24 guys at 6'8" or taller. I chose that number because Corey Walker is 6'7" and he is coming here. There are 11 at 6"10" or taller. It's not like they grow on trees. I would imagine most of the 7 footers will take some development.

Getting a physical rebounder is certainly helpful and needed, but elite guards will spread the floor and allow 6'7"-6'8" sized guys to play well. As Bruin has mentioned, the one concern would be for the future after next year. Although, I have not given up on ON or Plavsic quite yet.

Nearly signed Blackshear and Filip Petrušev. Still in the hunt for some huge names. That's not doing too bad either.

Nearly Dont count in recruiting

It's being in the mix. Better that than not being considered at all. Part of the success is luck. "Doesn't seem to be doing well" isn't exactly accurate when you come in 2nd rather than not being considered at all. Competing with Mark Few and Florida for the top ranked recruits isn't a bad place to be.

Reactions: sport3500
It's being in the mix. Better that than not being considered at all. Part of the success is luck. "Doesn't seem to be doing well" isn't exactly accurate when you come in 2nd rather than not being considered at all. Competing with Mark Few and Florida for the top ranked recruits isn't a bad place to be.

No it’s not better to be in the mix if you lose Because many times you miss out on plan B.

No it’s not better to be in the mix if you lose Because many times you miss out on plan B.

We're now settling for the Plavsics and Burnses while competing at a high level for the Blackshears, Petrusevs, Cardwells, Cisses, and Bancheros. That's doing pretty well. Competing for the Plavsics and missing is doing much worse.

We're now settling for the Plavsics and Burnses while competing at a high level for the Blackshears, Petrusevs, Cardwells, Cisses, and Bancheros. That's doing pretty well. Competing for the Plavsics and missing is doing much worse.

Well uros, kent and Walker were all guys we took after missing on higher ranked guys

Well uros, kent and Walker were all guys we took after missing on higher ranked guys

TN isn't a pick and chose who they want to reload with level of school. It's not accurate to say that TN isn't doing well with recruiting. They are competing for the very best recruits. That is recruiting very well. Not being considered by Blackshear, Cisse, Cardwell, Banchero, Petrusev would be not doing very well.

TN isn't a pick and chose who they want to reload with level of school. It's not accurate to say that TN isn't doing well with recruiting. They are competing for the very best recruits. That is recruiting very well. Not being considered by Blackshear, Cisse, Cardwell, Banchero, Petrusev would be not doing very well.

Tenn has done great recruiting lately but it’s fair to say recruiting has been poor with bigs recently

VN Store

Back