Jalen Hurd drafted by the Niners

Still a head scratcher...guy goes to Baylor for one or two years and gets drafted. Makes you wonder if he would've even got a look if he stayed...

Reactions: Volanta and mdsvol
I don't care. I am still glad for the kid. It did amaze me that he went that high. A lot of very very good athletes were still on the board. Sure didn't expect anyone to move up to get him thats for sure.
The draft was full of good picks for all three rounds there this year

I realize Baylor's offense tends to inflate stats a bit, but it's worth noting that based on his numbers, he'd likely been our #1 WR last season if he were still on the team. Butch absolutely squandered his talent, just like he did with Kamara, Dobbs, and several other players.

Wishing Hurd luck in the NFL. He was smart to get away from Butch, even if he didn't necessarily go about it the 100% right way. I give him the benefit of the doubt as a young man, as we all make mistakes at that age.

Though, part of me does think of how crazy it would've been to have a WR corps with Preston Williams, Jalen Hurd, Jauan Jennings, Marquez Callaway, and Josh Palmer all at the same time! Not that it wouldn't have been squandered with the O-line issues.

Check me on this..but I knew he'd get a shot and probably go higher than the 5th. He had a turd for a head coach in Jones. He (and the rest of the team) deserved better. He will be successful in the NFL. He can line up at RB, H-back, TE or WR. He can run, block and catch. He wasn't a 5* coming out of high-school for nothing. Had he gone to Alabama (who recruited him hard), he probably would have been in contention for the Heisman.

I’d bet he goes well before than. Just a guess. I can see 3rd, maybe early 4th. He’s a big physical guy with a big body, excellent hands and good quickness, especially for his size. Gonna make somebody a good slot receiver imho.

Reactions: LittleVol
Check me on this..but I knew he'd get a shot and probably go higher than the 5th. He had a turd for a head coach in Jones. He (and the rest of the team) deserved better. He will be successful in the NFL. He can line up at RB, H-back, TE or WR. He can run, block and catch. He wasn't a 5* coming out of high-school for nothing. Had he gone to Alabama (who recruited him hard), he probably would have been in contention for the Heisman.
Not at safety...which is where Saban wanted him.

With the 67th pick in the third round. Anyone know where he was projected?

CBS has him as the #29 WR and #196 overall. That's mid-to-late 6th round.

The Draft Network = #25 WR and #141 overall. Early 5th round.

Walter Football = #32 WR and predicts he'll be somewhere between a 6th rounder and a UFA.

Reactions: kmkemp11 and Freak

VN Store

Back