Jalen Hurd cited for underage drinking (will play in bowl)

The most surprising thing about this is that it made the news and has some fans upset.

A college student drinking during their downtime. Oh no's!

DUI related deaths would quadruple....

Newsflash, 18 year olds are already drinking and driving anyway. Underage drinking happens, and it happens frequently. Not all underage drinkers are irresponsible. Not all legal age drinkers drink responsibly. Let's focus on teaching everyone to drink responsibly rather than telling an 18 year old he's not responsible enough to drink. I believe in personal accountability more than I do lumping everyone together and making a generalization.

We don't have a draft. You are free to volunteer at 18 though.

You still have to register at 18 in case they ever feel the need to reinstate the draft. The draft wasn't deemed illegal. It wasn't declared un-Constitutional. The only reason we don't currently have a draft is the lack of need.

I hope Butch realizes the trouble these boys can get into in a place like Knoxville and puts some measures in place to get a grip on this thing. First AJ and Michael Williams, now Kid 'n Play (see media pic) and who knows what else could be lurking out there? Losing control of the behavior of these young guys could be a big problem.

I think CBJ is a great coach but based on the AJ situation and how Butch handled it he'll be dumb enough to sit Hurd out of the bowl game for this and further stack the odds against us. Great football coach, horrible at discipline choices.

Any 18 year old that wants to drink is drinking. Making it legal doesn't enable something that is already happening.

Not saying it will, however, there really is no denying that making it legal WILL increase the frequency of it happening.

I think CBJ is a great coach but based on the AJ situation and how Butch handled it he'll be dumb enough to sit Hurd out of the bowl game for this and further stack the odds against us. Great football coach, horrible at discipline choices.

How do you suggest Butch should have handled the AJ situation? Don't think he really had a choice in the matter.

Goodness this is idiotic.

Butch would have been roasted over the coals by every media pundit in America if he hadn't suspended AJ immediately. It's not his fault the KPD is slower than molasses in turning this case over to the DA and grand jury.

Reactions: 1 person
I got two of these in college. One in 2008 and one in 2009. Not a big deal, they write a ticket and leave. Roughly $275 in court costs and an 8 hour alcohol and drug class and it gets expunged. Hell i even applied for the Knoxville Police Academy afterwards and they barely even brought it up in the interview process.

Good for Hurd. The 21 year old drinking law is stupid anyways. The only reason it even exists is the feds held the states hostage with money. Lower drinking ages = less alcoholism when older. Hell, I'm drinking Ole Smoky right now. The drinking age should be 16, so people can learn the consequences before it matters.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for Hurd. The 21 year old drinking law is stupid anyways. The only reason it even exists is the feds held the states hostage with money. Lower drinking ages = less alcoholism when older. Hell, I'm drinking Ole Smoky right now. The drinking age should be 16, so people can learn the consequences before it matters.

Now that is absurd.

How do you suggest Butch should have handled the AJ situation? Don't think he really had a choice in the matter.

Let AJ play until some actual charges are filed If that even ever happens.

Goodness this is idiotic.

Butch would have been roasted over the coals by every media pundit in America if he hadn't suspended AJ immediately. It's not his fault the KPD is slower than molasses in turning this case over to the DA and grand jury.

What's idiotic is punishing a guy for an accusation. That's idiotic!

He'd only get "roasted over the coals" if there was legitimate evidence against AJ and he still let him play.

Let AJ play until some actual charges are filed If that even ever happens.

What's idiotic is punishing a guy for an accusation. That's idiotic!

He'd only get "roasted over the coals" if there was legitimate evidence against AJ and he still let him play.

With everything thats happened recently, butch was held captive by the media. It was a lose lose situation and he handled it in the best way he could.

Not surprising a lot of the players hang out at Cotton Eyed Joes every Sunday night from Freshmen to Seniors. There are pics galore

VN Store

Back