Jalen Hurd cited for underage drinking (will play in bowl)

Depends on who's punching.

Vicious%20Mike%20Tyson%20uppercut.gif

Please, say it aint so! A college student drinking - the sky must be falling!

So no drunk driving, drugs, guns, theft, rape or other crimes involved???

Maybe we just dodged a bullet and he'll only get a few games suspension?

Maybe the DA can drag this out for a month to see if he should file charges.

the article said Jan 20th he would be booked and arrested WTH ? That article is dumbest thing I have ever read -- notice the other guy (with Hurd) it says, age unavailable, but he was cited for underage drinking

I hope Butch realizes the trouble these boys can get into in a place like Knoxville and puts some measures in place to get a grip on this thing. First AJ and Michael Williams, now Kid 'n Play (see media pic) and who knows what else could be lurking out there? Losing control of the behavior of these young guys could be a big problem.

And if you control them too much recruiting may drop off. What to do?

1. :unsure:
2. :banghead2:
3. :crazy:

Evidence for next budget year as UTK wonders where to find funds requiring reallocation. Obviously the UTK police have too much time on their hands ticketing college students for being college students and obviously not having other important criminal work to be involved in. Haven't they heard of a warning?

Sorry your feelings were hurt by being lumped in. I don't have time to pick out names.

Show me one post where I said Hurd should:

remain chaste
refrain from drinks
don't go to parties
don't go to Pilot

All I've said is that underage drinking is illegal, and therefor it should be no surprise that, if you get caught, there's a solid chance that you will be cited, arrested, whatever.

give him a few boilermakers of Milwaukee's Best topped with some Old Crow and at'll learn 'em up right

Glad it was 18 when I was at UT.............oh the old days were glorious.....Blue Beer store memories...the Last Lap... the Tap Room.....

....Burl's Pump Room, The Varsity, The Quarterback.... and the list goes on. Magical times, my friends....

I think most people realize this is no big deal, but it does unfortunately give other programs a chance to rehash other issues. Johnson, Wilson, Paulk, and Lane stuff are already out there. With two articles this week of FORMER Vols committing serious crimes, Hurd's citation is more of a PR problem than a legal one.

Butch just needs to stress to the guys that they represent the University and will ALWAYS have a target on their back.

VN Store

Back