Jalen Carter lie and coverup attempt

I seriously question if anyone will spend a first round pick on him given the situation. Given the gravity of what has taken place, at least "some" jail time seems almost certain.

It's only two months until the draft and I just don't see much movement on the case in that time. Third round or higher picks are like gold to NFL teams-especially the good ones who draft well.

If he drops out of the first and second, his agent would be best asking teams NOT to draft him in the later rounds. That way, when the smoke has cleared a bit, be can pick and choose his situation-hopefully he is wise enough to pick and organization that does not suffer fools.

The downside being an UDFA contract is only for two years (I think?) So if he turns out to be a bust then he's screwed.

Upside being, if he cleans up his act and produces on the field he gets a big payday sooner.
Reckless driving and racing? Jail time?

Hehehehehehehehe.......

What? Those are fine and done charges.

Hate GA, sure, but try and cling to reality.

Reckless driving and racing? Jail time?

Hehehehehehehehe.......

What? Those are fine and done charges.

Hate GA, sure, but try and cling to reality.

Resulting in the death of two people?

That's about as real as it gets amigo.

I agree though, they just got pulled over or something and this would be a footnote. Not the situation though is it?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

I agree though, they just got pulled over or something and this would be a footnote. Not the situation though is it?
Jail time for a guy who's projected at the top of the NFL draft? I'll believe it when I see it. You got a bama hoops prospect who brought the weapon used to kill someone and he's playing thru it all. Think that would be the case if it were a guy who had no real NBA prospects? Nah, there's a class system/double standard in this country. Has been for a long, long time. Again, I'll have to see it to believe it.

He's not getting jail time for misdemeanors no matter what the surrounding circumstances are.
If they add a charge that is a felony then all bets are off, but what he's charged with now won't have much impact on his draft status.

Carter was booked at the Athens-Clarke-County jail and subsequently released on bond, posting a bond of $4,000 for the charges.

Former Georgia DL Jalen Carter surrenders self in to Athens police

According to the Athens-Clarke County jail log, Carter was booked at 11:33 p.m. ET and released 16 minutes later. The bond, in total, was $4,000. It’s broken down as $1,500 for reckless driving and $2,500 for racing on the streets/highways.

The AJC also reported that Carter has been ticketed for speeding prior, ticketed and fined $1,013 for driving 89 in a 45 mph zone back on Sept. 22.

The timing of this is very interesting. Someone knew this and waited until the moment that could absolutely destroy him the most.
I honestly had another take. Investigators KNEW that alcohol was involved with LeCroy. They KNEW that racing was involved.....and they KNEW that the Georgia LB was also involved with the incident via racing. Yet, it seems highly likely they chose NOT to test blood alcohol of J Carter - who had left the scene then returned over an hour later and lied to officers about his presence. I also do not believe they checked the LB's blood level. And btw said LB was so unfazed by the death crash, he was ticketed just ONE WEEK later for reckless and racing again. Geez what a culture Kirby has going.

I wondered if someone threatened authorities to blow the lid off this if they drag-assed any longer, and they were forced to release the info. I am suspicious that they were playing for time to release after NFL draft and got "outed" by someone in the know.

I honestly had another take. Investigators KNEW that alcohol was involved with LeCroy. They KNEW that racing was involved.....and they KNEW that the Georgia LB was also involved with the incident via racing. Yet, it seems highly likely they chose NOT to test blood alcohol of J Carter - who had left the scene then returned over an hour later and lied to officers about his presence. I also do not believe they checked the LB's blood level. And btw said LB was so unfazed by the death crash, he was ticketed just ONE WEEK later for reckless and racing again. Geez what a culture Kirby has going.

I wondered if someone threatened authorities to blow the lid off this if they drag-assed any longer, and they were forced to release the info. I am suspicious that they were playing for time to release after NFL draft and got "outed" by someone in the know.
That’s certainly possible as well. I was pointing out that with the combine this week, it would be an incredibly bad look for him to have arrest warrant put out while essentially interviewing for a 10 figure job.

Unless someone "forces" me to race, I'm in control of my car. I can't whine to an officer that "he dared me to race, so I had to......"

Personal responsibility. It's tragic and sad but the lady drinking and driving fast is responsible, not the person SHE CHOSE TO RACE.

Morally, if Jalen Carter knew they wrecked and did nothing, he's a POS. Legally, though, he didn't make her choices for her. She could've let off the gas at any time and tapped out of the race. You cannot blame him because she drove beyond her limits.

I have a couple of good friends here who are cops, and they do some training in Athens every year. They told me that the cops there love busting UGA players for anything. Just odd to me, I'd figured they'd love to cover up anything, but I guess not.
Looks like the cops in Athens did a good job honestly. Did their homework, got their man. Brought charges. Big contrast to Tuscaloosa.

Sounds like the cops don't automatically play ball.
Headhunting for UGA stars sounds strange to say the least.

I am thankful when the law is even. (I think Murdaugh's #1 Motive was he had no doubt he would get out of it like he did so many times before.)

Does this story affect his Draft standing?
Yeah.
He is probably not a good bet for a long term big money contract for a NFL team.
Someone will roll the dice in the top10. It willl cost him some REAL money!

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back