Jaime Nared just signed a 7 day contract

Cute, but moot
Noun. moot point (plural moot points) An issue that is subject to, or open for, discussion or debate, to which no satisfactory answer is found; originally, one to be definitively determined by an assembly of the people. An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically applicable. Humm...

Noun. moot point (plural moot points) An issue that is subject to, or open for, discussion or debate, to which no satisfactory answer is found; originally, one to be definitively determined by an assembly of the people. An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically applicable. Humm...

Exactly,,,if I felt they needed me I would be just as vocal and available.
But, at this point I have not seen the present administrations weaknesses.

For CHW's staff it was easy to see,,,they needed a coach with no fear of visibility, with personality, who was an expert teaching mechanics and could reach and get the best out of hard to reach personalities,,,Who would call a timeout...

Present!

I have a strong feeling that Rae will get as many minutes as any of the other top players. All last season she consistently had the body language of a player who wants to be on the floor and who is willing to do anything to be there. This year, with more confident and demanding leadership at the top that Rae (and the rest) will surely trust and believe in, I think we’ll soon begin to see her developing into the true steal of her class.

I’m excited for all of the players this year, and can’t wait to see the gradual improvements as the season goes on. One thing we know for sure about Kellie is that her coaching style is to make the players practice something until they get it right. (Strange, I always assumed EVERY coach took that obvious approach, but I gather that the last staff did not.) Anyway, with that approach I feel like we are guaranteed to see gradual improvements, and that’s my top desire for this staff.

The Lady Vols may hit some rough patches, sure, but they’ll never have to hear their coach say, “I don’t know” after a game, and that will definitely be a major change. Kellie WILL know, and she’ll have their full attention at the next practice.

Rae plays a unique game,,,she epitomizes the Base-line Forward position...she won't struggle for PT

Reactions: lvocd
For those who don't look at the UT LV website, they gave a synapses of the trip;;
Copy and pasted from the page:

BRETIGNY-SUR-ORGE, France – Sophomore guard/forward Rae Burrell scored a game-high 19 points to lead the Tennessee women's basketball team to a 93-43 victory over AK Select on Tuesday evening at Gymnase Joliot Curie.

Burrell scored 17 of her points in the second half, hitting eight of 17 shots from the field for the game. She also pulled down seven rebounds and added five steals, three assists and a block as UT topped its toughest opponent of the tour to finish with a 3-0 record while in Europe. The Lady Vols improved to 24-7 all-time on foreign soil, including 17-7 vs. non-NCAA teams.

Freshman guard Jordan Horston and sophomore guard Zaay Green also hit double figures, tallying 13 and 10 points, respectively. Freshman center Tamari Key finished with nine points, five rebounds and a pair of blocks, while junior guard/forward Rennia Davisand junior center Kasiyahna Kushkituah chipped in eight points each. Davis added eight assists and seven rebounds, while Kushkituah pulled down nine boards.

"We improved over the course of these three games," head coach Kellie Harper said. "Today, our team appeared much more comfortable on the court with our execution and overall objectives."

Tennessee started its third different lineup of the trip and continued to get looks at every player and with numerous lineup combinations. Harper sent Burrell, Green, Horston, senior forward Kamera Harris and freshman center Emily Saunders out on the floor for tip-off vs. AK Select.

The Lady Vols fell behind initially at 2-0 and 4-2 during the early going and moved ahead 5-4 with 5:00 to go in the opening stanza. After a timeout by the home team, freshman guard Jessie Rennie wasted little time in making an impact, draining a pair of threes to help push UT to a 12-4 lead and on to a 20-10 cushion by the end of the first period.

The Big Orange women outscored the hosts 21-6 in the second frame to take a 41-16 lead into the locker room. Sophomore guard Jazmine Massengill had five in the quarter, while Davis added four. Davis dished out two assists in the period to finish with six in the opening half.

Burrell fired in nine points in the third frame to pace UT to a 24-11 advantage in the period and head into the fourth quarter leading 65-27. Horston, meanwhile, caught fire in the fourth, tossing in eight points to help the Lady Vols outscore AK Select, 28-16, over the final 10 minutes of the contest.

UT finished with 17 steals and generated 24 turnovers vs. their opponent while committing 14 of their own. Several miscues occurred when players stepped out of bounds while possessing the ball near the tighter sideline outside the longer three-point arc dictated by FIBA rules. The Lady Vols also have played with a smaller FIBA basketball and adapted to a 24-second shot clock and wider lanes during the tour.

Tennessee shot 42 percent for the game and held AK Select to 22 percent shooting. UT also out-rebounded the hosts, 66-38, pulling down 32 offensive boards.

The Lady Vols will spend Wednesday sightseeing in Paris before flying back to the U.S. on Thursday.
+++++++++

Reactions: PRG and Ladyvol777
Agree. At least Mercedes is making up for lost time and Bashaara was never WNBA material. But Nared had all the physical tools to be star in the league. She screwed herself over by sticking it out with Holly.

So u saying that all the star players we had should've left Holly's team inorder for them to be productive in the professional game? I don't think so. How about star players that came from no where (Becky Hammond)..

So u saying that all the star players we had should've left Holly's team inorder for them to be productive in the professional game? I don't think so. How about star players that came from no where (Becky Hammond)..

Hammon didn't come from nowhere. She was an excellent college player.

And yes...players like Nared and Russell who had strong pro potential but p!ss poor coaching would have been better served not sandbagging their future to buy Holly another year.

Reactions: sisaq
Hammon didn't come from nowhere. She was an excellent college player.

True, which is why it is surprising that she went undrafted by the WNBA. But she certainly made the most of her WNBA career once she got there.

True, which is why it is surprising that she went undrafted by the WNBA. But she certainly made the most of her WNBA career once she got there.

I wasn't surprised. She was a 5'6 guard who wasn't the fastest or most athletic player out there. But even though she wasn't drafted, she was signed to a training contract pretty quickly.

VN Store

Back