Jaden Springer entering the draft.

He won't make it via leaving this early. He needed another year to work on his long range shooting. He will get lost and end up not having a career... I'm happy for him about the money though... Remember Marcus Haislip ( or however you spell). He was a bust because he thought he was ready... Springer won't make it... Keon will. He has more natural talent

He will be able to work hours and hours on his shooting while making millions. There is no difference in improving while on a pro court or college court. You either improve or you don't.

Reactions: Kas232323
He won't make it via leaving this early. He needed another year to work on his long range shooting. He will get lost and end up not having a career... I'm happy for him about the money though... Remember Marcus Haislip ( or however you spell). He was a bust because he thought he was ready... Springer won't make it... Keon will. He has more natural talent
He hit 43% of his shots from behind the arc, which is more than good enough. Typically players with at least decent mechanics are improving their range in the first couple of years in the league, and he has excellent shooting mechanics to start. In the NBA, with more room to work with the 3 point line being further back, he will be able to do even better.

The thing is even if he played here four years, it’s very possible he doesn’t shoot as well percentage wise from 3 again. He’s right to go now
That being said, while I think Jaden was the better player here, I think Keon will have a better NBA career. Jaden gives me MCW vibes

He'll have far more time to develop his shooting in the NBA than he would have spending another year at UT. Haislip was a bust because he got lazy when he got to the NBA.

Springer is literally getting drafted based off his athleticism and potential dude.. go watch some film if you need to.

you really are having a hard time following this.

for starters the discussion is comparing Springer to Bone and no he’s not as athletic as Bone.

to take that further Sure springer is a good athlete but he isn’t freakish athletic like Keon or others guys in the first round. That’s why I think he is already falling down mock boards and maybe will end up out of the first round.

Haislip was at Tennessee for 3 years. Do you really think he would have carved out more of an NBA career by staying 1 more year in college under Buzz Peterson?

Some of y’all either don’t understand the NBA or are just inherently selfish. You’re viewing his decision based off what’s best in yours and UT’s interests. Jaden’s not and he shouldn’t. If he doesn’t pan out in the NBA, there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have panned out regardless of what year he declared. Everything he can work on at UT can be developed in the NBA while getting paid millions. At the very least, he’s a bust and has to settle for a 6 figure contract in Europe after making a few mill in America. He’s going to be ok.

Haislip was at Tennessee for 3 years. Do you really think he would have carved out more of an NBA career by staying 1 more year in college under Buzz Peterson?
Yeah that take it terrible. They have better opportunity to progress on an NBA roster. If they fail to progress while on an NBA roster then they were not going to progress on a college roster.

Reactions: ricepatty
I see a lot of "projection" going on in here. Because $$$$ are super important to you, ... does not mean that THEY [Springer or Keon] are leaving for the money. So, it may or may not be about the money. It may be a desire to see how they measure up against the 'big' boys. Or it may be they do not like the 'system' and want to move on.

Personally, I have no idea if Springer, Johnson, or Fulkerson will be back. Hiring an agent does NOT = = 'gone!'

Furthermore, it is a little strange to see BOTH Pember and Gaines leave ... if they believed that BOTH Keon and Jaden were leaving ... unless the Barnes coaching is hard on their psyche. [Actually, while they are both in the portal. Does not mean they are gone, either.]

Predictions[my GUESSES]
Pember and Gaines relocate to new schools ... I am watching George Mason. Wonder if they end up there.
Jaden ... I think it is 50/50. Feels a lot like Pons to me.
Keon ... I think this one is even more interesting. He is being more deliberate. I think he is going to declare ... I am putting this one at 60/40 ... he stays in the draft. But, I do not think it is a done deal.
I would love to see the two of them play another year with Chandler, but it is a huge birthday surprise when we get what we wish for ....

I see a lot of "projection" going on in here. Because $$$$ are super important to you, ... does not mean that THEY [Springer or Keon] are leaving for the money. So, it may or may not be about the money. It may be a desire to see how they measure up against the 'big' boys. Or it may be they do not like the 'system' and want to move on.

Personally, I have no idea if Springer, Johnson, or Fulkerson will be back. Hiring an agent does NOT = = 'gone!'

Furthermore, it is a little strange to see BOTH Pember and Gaines leave ... if they believed that BOTH Keon and Jaden were leaving ... unless the Barnes coaching is hard on their psyche. [Actually, while they are both in the portal. Does not mean they are gone, either.]

Predictions[my GUESSES]
Pember and Gaines relocate to new schools ... I am watching George Mason. Wonder if they end up there.
Jaden ... I think it is 50/50. Feels a lot like Pons to me.
Keon ... I think this one is even more interesting. He is being more deliberate. I think he is going to declare ... I am putting this one at 60/40 ... he stays in the draft. But, I do not think it is a done deal.
I would love to see the two of them play another year with Chandler, but it is a huge birthday surprise when we get what we wish for ....

A lot of wishful thinking. Jaden isn't coming back.

Question/Thought: I get the sense that Jaden NEEDS to enter the draft and can’t risk his stock on sticking around in year 2. Whereas Keon COULD stick around if he wanted to play with Chandler and his draft stock remain mostly intact (barring an injury). Thoughts?

Reactions: ricepatty
Question/Thought: I get the sense that Jaden NEEDS to enter the draft and can’t risk his stock on sticking around in year 2. Whereas Keon COULD stick around if he wanted to play with Chandler and his draft stock remain mostly intact (barring an injury). Thoughts?
I thought the same. Keon's stock would remain similar or even increase if he improves his offensive game slightly. Jaden made the right decision to go pro IMO. If he stuck around then I think he would end up like Scottie Lewis and fall to the 2nd round or even undrafted. Only reason I see Keon going pro is that his family gets guaranteed money immediately and no risk of injury in college. But even then I still think he'd get drafted top 10. Darius Garland from Vandy still got drafted 5th after suffering an injury early in the season.

I was pretty firm a year or so ago that he and Keon wouldn’t both declare. I expected one back. Mid season that was easy to see I was wrong

I wish them both the best

When did Keon Johnson declare for the draft? Also any word on Walker?

Springer is making a huge mistake. He’s not ready. These guys should treat college as a development year. Once you’re lost in the shuffle, it’s really hard to overcome the politics. Look at Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Dude had all the talent in the world. #2 pick, but he wasn’t ready. And he’s out of the league now. How much more money would he be making if he just developed for another year or two, and then came out?

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Springer is making a huge mistake. He’s not ready. These guys should treat college as a development year. Once you’re lost in the shuffle, it’s really hard to overcome the politics. Look at Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Dude had all the talent in the world. #2 pick, but he wasn’t ready. And he’s out of the league now. How much more money would he be making if he just developed for another year or two, and then came out?
Anybody who goes #2 in the draft is ready for the NBA in some capacity. His game didn’t translate. Staying another year at UK wasn’t going to fix that.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has made over $60 million in career earnings. I think it worked out ok. What if he got hurt in year 2 in college and fell back to #15 the following year?

You're waaaaay off, my man. So many unknowns if he came back. Strike while the iron is hot and then work your butt off to stay there and prove you belong.

VN Store

Back