J.P. Prince

Prince is a liability with the ball in his hands...poor decision making....poor, sloppy, lazy passing skills.

JP should not be allowed to pass the free throw line in UT's offensive sets. Anytime he gets it out high, the offense generally seems to stall as the rest of the D lays off of him for his poor outside shooting. He is best served in this offense when he can come off of screens and go immediately to the paint and use his long arms or passing skills.

If Tyler and Wheezy stay...we'll be looking pretty for next year. I do believe Ole Miss will be the team to beat in the SEC next season.

I hope you DVRed the last two games so you can go back and see exactly why I don't like JP Prince.

Don't have to,, I was there live and unfortunately he is burned into my brain right now! Tyler was the other culprit and he seems to be getting a pass on this site.

Two supposed leaders who don't show up for a Championship game is lame. No way all this talk about Tyler int he NBA,, he is too short -- he had way too much trouble getting around MSU's #32.

Personally, I don't think either of them are boneheads. JP gets dogged more than most on here because it's the cool thing to do. What people refuse to do is look at the other players on the team and all of the mistakes they made. The bad shots, the bad passes, the bad fouls etc etc. Sure, JP made some, but so did the rest of our team. There's rarely a perfect game played by any player. However in this one instance, Tyler Smith was worse than JP Prince. One could make the argument that JP actually got us back into that game when he came back in, but nobody will give him credit for that. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

You are right of course, but I can give Hopson a pass because he is a freshman,,,,overall ball security is very poor on this team. This was a game MSU was trying to give us and we flopped.

Personally, I don't think either of them are boneheads. JP gets dogged more than most on here because it's the cool thing to do. What people refuse to do is look at the other players on the team and all of the mistakes they made. The bad shots, the bad passes, the bad fouls etc etc. Sure, JP made some, but so did the rest of our team. There's rarely a perfect game played by any player. However in this one instance, Tyler Smith was worse than JP Prince. One could make the argument that JP actually got us back into that game when he came back in, but nobody will give him credit for that. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

I look at JP as an uncoached and likely uncoachable basketball player.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I look at JP as an uncoached and likely uncoachable basketball player.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think "uncoachable" isn't the word for JP. Watching him play "Immature" IMO would best decribe him. If he would grow up during the offseason, he has potentional to be the best player in the SEC next year....I'm very optomistic:)

I think "uncoachable" isn't the word for JP. Watching him play "Immature" IMO would best decribe him. If he would grow up during the offseason, he has potentional to be the best player in the SEC next year....I'm very optomistic:)
and just downright out of your mind.

The only way J.P. will improve is if he works on his 3 point shot all off-season, and learns how to throw a pass into the paint. The fact that every team in the country just crowds the defense inside when the ball is in his hands is a huge problem. He managed to hit one last night, when it mattered, but the constant turn overs have got to stop.

The only way J.P. will improve is if he works on his 3 point shot all off-season, and learns how to throw a pass into the paint. The fact that every team in the country just crowds the defense inside when the ball is in his hands is a huge problem. He managed to hit one last night, when it mattered, but the constant turn overs have got to stop.

he needs to work on his defense, which doesn't exist

I think this off-season JP should stick with the same routine as he did last year...

9am-11am: Work on Saluting
11am-12pm: Practice the "I didnt foul him" face
12pm-3pm: Practice not running the floor.
3pm-4pm: Practice the wide open dunk
4pm-5pm: Watch instructional video "Defense is Overrated"
5pm-7pm: Celebrate a victory in front of the mirror.

He will be a beast next year.

Don't have to,, I was there live and unfortunately he is burned into my brain right now! Tyler was the other culprit and he seems to be getting a pass on this site.
Two supposed leaders who don't show up for a Championship game is lame. No way all this talk about Tyler int he NBA,, he is too short -- he had way too much trouble getting around MSU's #32.

100% agree. If Tyler is supposed to be the "leader" of this team, he hasn't shown it much down the stretch. Chism has been the only guy on the team to show some consistency in all aspects. That being said, if Tyler, J.P, Wayne, Bobby, Scotty, and Cam don't step up, we won't be playing this weekend.

I think this off-season JP should stick with the same routine as he did last year...

You forgot to add "Practice Yelling After Snowbird Dunk" - that crap gets old.

hilarious, i'm glad he saluted yesterday after the opening play. that s**t makes me sick. i'm so sick of watching them beat their chests everytime they score. they are some of the biggest attention whores i've ever seen. bunch of "Look at me" guys. Think of what they cld be if they cut that crap out, and played more of a team game. Everytime one of them scores they automatically think they have to shoot the next time down the court.

This entire statement blew my mind. Dogging JP because it's the cool thing to do? How bout because Princess makes more frustration fouls than the rest of the SEC combined. JP had one play that I can think of that was of his own doing. The other "plays that got us back in the game" were a result of him snowbirding and not playing any defense whatsoever. Then when the turnover happens he's 20 feet in front of any player and ready to get the open dunk.
JP stands flat footed on defense and doesn't move without the ball on offense. Name another player on our team that is even close to being as lazy and momentum killing as Princess
You act like I'm saying he's Kobe, I'm not. In the grand scheme of things, JP has a lot of issues and so does everybody else on our team. Maybe Pearl should coach them up a little more.

Am I the only one that thought he cost us a shot at winning the game with that "bonehead" pass to Smith with 9 sec. to go?? That wasn't the only issue, but it was huge IMO.

It seems that if we are this frustrated after yesterdays game I cannot even imagine what CBP feels like after this many mistakes, which just cost Tennessee an SEC championship. He covers up his frustrations pretty well in post game interviews though.

If I were ADMH I would think it is "meet me for coffee and croissant time" with CBP as this one was clearly in hand and fell away. These dumb mistakes have to be taken care of.

It seems that if we are this frustrated after yesterdays game I cannot even imagine what CBP feels like after this many mistakes, which just cost Tennessee an SEC championship. He covers up his frustrations pretty well in post game interviews though.

If I were ADMH I would think it is "meet me for coffee and croissant time" with CBP as this one was clearly in hand and fell away. These dumb mistakes have to be taken care of.

what wld you exactly meet w/ him about? winning the east all 4 years he's been here? making it to the tourney championship game? going to 4 NCAA tourneys in a row? 2 sweet sixteens? only #1 ranking we've ever had? actually having fans coming to games?

while i think there are some issues, this is nothing MH needs to get involved w/. that statement is ridiculous

Am I the only one that thought he cost us a shot at winning the game with that "bonehead" pass to Smith with 9 sec. to go?? That wasn't the only issue, but it was huge IMO.

while that was costly, and the refs sucked, we have no one to blame but ourselves. if we wld've hit 1/3 of the layups we shot yesterday, it wldn't have even been a game. blame goes strictly on our shoulders, no one elses. one play doesn't win a game

what wld you exactly meet w/ him about? winning the east all 4 years he's been here? making it to the tourney championship game? going to 4 NCAA tourneys in a row? 2 sweet sixteens? only #1 ranking we've ever had? actually having fans coming to games?

while i think there are some issues, this is nothing MH needs to get involved w/. that statement is ridiculous
In my business I am evaluated on my current program production. My past accomplishments just give me the opportunity to have my current job. They don't excuse me if I bring in bad numbers, and I will get management "help" if the numbers aren't to their liking. Same thing with Pearl. His past accomplishments keep him in the job but management should be acting on the metrics/measurements he is bringing to them now.

he still won the east and made it to the finals of the tourney with another 20+ win season. not much to complain about.

JP is his own enemy. In order for him to perform as well as we know he can, he has to be on the edge of control. And, unfortunately, playing there causes him to make mistakes and do dumb things. When the guy is on, he is ON. Otherwise he's a liability. He should work on dialing it down a little and playing with more technique and less emotion. He has the athletic ability to dominate but the basketball knowledge isn't there. The desire to make sports center is greater than the desire to win the game.

VN Store

Back