J.P. Prince

although i'll be honest, when the guy gets 9 points, and 6 assists and 1 steal, and 6 TOs, and it's generally acknowledged that it's his worst game, well I'll take that in a heartbeat given the frequency of the good.

You really want to give him credit for the garbage stats at the end?

Interesting I thought that UT played their best/went on a run in the first half after Prince got benched with foul trouble, and as soon as he came back in the second half they just held on instead of pulling away.

Anyone get a count on the number of Prince goofs before the first TV timeout? I quit counting at five.

That may have been the case for this particular game of the 30+ we've played, but it's hardly the norm.

He was a liability today, but to be such a glaring liability and still have a positive stl/ass-to-TO ratio is something worth noting, no matter how much in the margins.

But yes, he played poorly today, regardless.

You can bump it every time he has a good performance if you want to. He is still inconsistent, and you questioned his consistency in your first post. Hell, if he was consistent the thread wouldn't need to be bumped....

I think the real reason you and HatVol don't like this guy is because he refuses to wear the head band. Clearly Prince is not a team player,,,,,,

Now maybe if CBP wore the head band, you both would jump on his band wagon too.

From his last missed FT forward an absolute embarassment to the orange jersey. No one on my rec league team would have been that brain dead. I would give him a pass if he wasn't so consistent at it.

Prince can occasionally do some good things... but he sucked out loud in these last two games.

I think the real reason you and HatVol don't like this guy is because he refuses to wear the head band. Clearly Prince is not a team player,,,,,,

Now maybe if CBP wore the head band, you both would jump on his band wagon too.

I hope you DVRed the last two games so you can go back and see exactly why I don't like JP Prince.

That may have been the case for this particular game of the 30+ we've played, but it's hardly the norm.

He was a liability today, but to be such a glaring liability and still have a positive stl/ass-to-TO ratio is something worth noting, no matter how much in the margins.

But yes, he played poorly today, regardless.

and today.

Words cannot describe how mad this guy makes me. Forget todays game, and even yesterdays game where he had what seemed like 20 turnovers. The guy CANNOT take care of the ball to save his life. Sure he is a good defender but it seems like he hurts with his bonehead plays way more than he helps us.

emainvol, perhaps you should create a thread voicing your displeasure for Tyler Smith also. He's the one that seems to disappear when we need him most. For a guy to get so much credit for being a clutch player and our go to guy, he sure gets bailed out by all the JP Prince hate.

JP didn't go 2-14. Irregardless of what he did down the stretch, no one else did anything better. They all do the same stupid junk.

Words cannot describe how mad this guy makes me. Forget todays game, and even yesterdays game where he had what seemed like 20 turnovers. The guy CANNOT take care of the ball to save his life. Sure he is a good defender but it seems like he hurts with his bonehead plays way more than he helps us.

JP Prince is a horrible defender.

emainvol, perhaps you should create a thread voicing your displeasure for Tyler Smith also. He's the one that seems to disappear when we need him most. For a guy to get so much credit for being a clutch player and our go to guy, he sure gets bailed out by all the JP Prince hate.

JP didn't go 2-14. Irregardless of what he did down the stretch, no one else did anything better. They all do the same stupid junk.

When Tyler Smith suffers brain damage that puts him on the same intellectual plane as a catfish, I will be sure to start that thread.

You seriously think Tyler Smith's body of work is anywhere near as bad as JP Prince's? Perhaps you should sit down and watch a basketball game.

You seriously think Tyler Smith's body of work is anywhere near as bad as JP Prince's? Perhaps you should sit down and watch a basketball game.
What good is the body of work when you have nothing to show for it to date?

Im just glad that everyone else feels the same about JP as I do. I have no faith in him at all when he is in the game. I feel most comfortable when he still has his warmups on.

What good is the body of work when you have nothing to show for it to date?

Oh it's no good, but it doesn't matter. Arguing that Tyler Smith is anywhere near the bonehead that JP Prince is is just silly.

Oh it's no good, but it doesn't matter. Arguing that Tyler Smith is anywhere near the bonehead that JP Prince is is just silly.
Personally, I don't think either of them are boneheads. JP gets dogged more than most on here because it's the cool thing to do. What people refuse to do is look at the other players on the team and all of the mistakes they made. The bad shots, the bad passes, the bad fouls etc etc. Sure, JP made some, but so did the rest of our team. There's rarely a perfect game played by any player. However in this one instance, Tyler Smith was worse than JP Prince. One could make the argument that JP actually got us back into that game when he came back in, but nobody will give him credit for that. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

Personally, I don't think either of them are boneheads. JP gets dogged more than most on here because it's the cool thing to do. What people refuse to do is look at the other players on the team and all of the mistakes they made. The bad shots, the bad passes, the bad fouls etc etc. Sure, JP made some, but so did the rest of our team. There's rarely a perfect game played by any player. However in this one instance, Tyler Smith was worse than JP Prince. One could make the argument that JP actually got us back into that game when he came back in, but nobody will give him credit for that. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

This entire statement blew my mind. Dogging JP because it's the cool thing to do? How bout because Princess makes more frustration fouls than the rest of the SEC combined. JP had one play that I can think of that was of his own doing. The other "plays that got us back in the game" were a result of him snowbirding and not playing any defense whatsoever. Then when the turnover happens he's 20 feet in front of any player and ready to get the open dunk.
JP stands flat footed on defense and doesn't move without the ball on offense. Name another player on our team that is even close to being as lazy and momentum killing as Princess

I gave him credit for it. I want the guy to succeed, I really do. However, it's tiring to watch him do the same stupid crap game in and game out. The biggest problem is that he tends to do it in crucial spots.

I gave him credit for it. I want the guy to succeed, I really do. However, it's tiring to watch him do the same stupid crap game in and game out. The biggest problem is that he tends to do it in crucial spots.

Bottom line is that this team makes bonehead plays throughout the game and in crunch time, and it's contagious. I can't really think of a group of 5 from this team that I would feel confident having out there in late game situations. It is very frustrating to watch this team because they have talent but are not executing.

VN Store

Back