I've been watching a bit here and there of the Vandy vs UConn game

StrangeVol

and I have an observation or two. First, Vandy is not very good right now. They have no discernable offense and their defense is sorta helter-skelter at times and just bad at other times.

Second, UConn is NOT the juggernaut that we hold in our memories, or at least they weren't tonight. They have a big girl, #20 Olivia Nelson-Ododa who looks pretty good but seemed to get winded running up and down a few times. They have some other tallish girls as well and a couple of good shooters, but at this point, they look pretty rough aroun d the edges.

We should at least give them a game.

Do we even want to send our girls up there to that environment the coach is nuts and he is stirring up the fans with false information. The NCAA has denounced what he said about the environment at Tennessee. I hope Phil Fulmer will at least make a statement about what he said we need to respond.

UConn is no better than the LVols. They are not the same team running all over teams. Tn has a shot as long as they play like they did against ND
As a UConn fan, I don't feel comfortable about facing you guys right now. If the game was played tonight and you do what you did to ND, we would be in serious trouble. I hope we can improve some.

and I have an observation or two. First, Vandy is not very good right now. They have no discernable offense and their defense is sorta helter-skelter at times and just bad at other times.

Second, UConn is NOT the juggernaut that we hold in our memories, or at least they weren't tonight. They have a big girl, #20 Olivia Nelson-Ododa who looks pretty good but seemed to get winded running up and down a few times. They have some other tallish girls as well and a couple of good shooters, but at this point, they look pretty rough aroun d the edges.

Both teams look "early in the season".
Not to be critical, but Vandy's big girl is way to slow I believe to be very effective on defense. I don't think her offense is good enough to offset this.
The tall Olivia is just a first year player (right?) If so I give her a little slack. Takes time to come from high school to the big time as far as strength and muscle development. She seems to be really smooth and athletic. Not to mention a really good looking young lady!!

Do we even want to send our girls up there to that environment the coach is nuts and he is stirring up the fans with false information. The NCAA has denounced what he said about the environment at Tennessee. I hope Phil Fulmer will at least make a statement about what he said we need to respond.

Just don't go. Forfeit the game if necessary. To hell with UConn and Geno. I am sure we will be saving money by not going.

Reactions: Chippo

Silence is golden....

As a UConn fan, I don't feel comfortable about facing you guys right now. If the game was played tonight and you do what you did to ND, we would be in serious trouble. I hope we can improve some.

Sorry for being rude. But as you are a profess UConn fan,,,,,,, GO AWAY!!!! I am not usually such an as-, but in the case of your allegiance, I can't help myself.

Both teams look "early in the season".
Not to be critical, but Vandy's big girl is way to slow I believe to be very effective on defense. I don't think her offense is good enough to offset this.
The tall Olivia is just a first year player (right?) If so I give her a little slack. Takes time to come from high school to the big time as far as strength and muscle development. She seems to be really smooth and athletic. Not to mention a really good looking young lady!!

Olivia Nelson-Ododa (ONO) is a sophomore. She is someone I was hoping would give Tennessee a look, because she shined in USA basketball. She is playing much better this year than her freshman year, as might be expected. Unfortunately for UConn, she is essentially their post. If she is not in the game, they begin to look a lot like the Notre Dame team we faced the other day!

Jim

Sorry for being rude. But as you are a profess UConn fan,,,,,,, GO AWAY!!!! I am not usually such an as-, but in the case of your allegiance, I can't help myself.
Sorry, I can't leave. I'm here on a cultural exchange program. The program's intentions is to enlighten the fringe LV idiot fan that WBB is more important than even the sainted LV program. It looks like your my first student. ;)

Reactions: aretha57
In “YOU’RE” culture is the contraction for you are spelled “YOUR” ?
Congratulations!! :) You passed your first test! I was a little concerned when I read your quote " you are a profess UConn fan " where you had the active tense as opposed to the past tense. There may be hope for you after all!

Reactions: dusbelli
Congratulations!! :) You passed your first test! I was a little concerned when I read your quote " you are a profess UConn fan " where you had the active tense as opposed to the past tense. There may be hope for you after all!
LOL. Nice try chief / lady chief ?? “You are a profess UConn fan” was from another poster . Is not being able to recognize the spelling difference between JRAVOL78 & SAVANNAHFAN also a part of your culture ? LULZ 👌🙄

Reactions: Smallvol#1
LOL. Nice try chief / lady chief ?? “You are a profess UConn fan” was from another poster . Is not being able to recognize the spelling difference between JRAVOL78 & SAVANNAHFAN also a part of your culture ? LULZ 👌🙄
got me :eek:. :confused:

UConn's women's basketball program is declining and a lot of teams will give them a good or even better game

In “YOU’RE” culture is the contraction for you are spelled “YOUR” ?

OK.
I raise you: intentions are,
the one I really found hilarious is the usage of “cultural”.🤣🤣🤣

“Sorry, I can't leave. I'm here on a cultural exchange program. The program's intentions is to enlighten the fringe LV idiot fan that WBB is more important than even the sainted LV program. It looks like your my first student.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Jravol78
Olivia Nelson-Ododa (ONO) is a sophomore. She is someone I was hoping would give Tennessee a look, because she shined in USA basketball. She is playing much better this year than her freshman year, as might be expected. Unfortunately for UConn, she is essentially their post. If she is not in the game, they begin to look a lot like the Notre Dame team we faced the other day!

Jim

Shows you how closely I follow UConn.... However she still looks like a freshman to me. If she is "it" in the middle for UConn, they may be in for a long year. (by their standards)

VN Store

Back