Its rly disappointing...

ive given them tons of respect, ive said theyre better than last years team and ive been more excited about them than our new coach

I don't care if he's 15 or can't spell. He's right. Logic may not be his sharpest weapon, but we spend thousands upon thousands of words about Fulmer, and who might possibly be the next coach. Personally, I can't find anything more boring on the interwebs than useless speculation.
What we do have is a hoops team. We have some issues to work out, but when we hit our stride we will be formidable. There should be a LOT more talk about it.

Last edited:
I don't think we have as many educated "basketball fans" as football fans...so there is usually only 10 or so people discussing the game instead of 100's.

I don't care if he's 15 or can't spell. He's right. Logic may not be his sharpest weapon, but we spend thousands upon thousands of words about Fulmer, and who might possibly be the next coach. Personally, I can't find anything more boring on the interwebs than useless speculation.
What we do have is a hoops team. We have some issues to work out, but when we hit our stride we will be formidable. There should be a LOT more talk about it.

Dead on brother. I couldn't care less about all the speculation. It's great that we have a basketball forum, but in my mind all that coaching stuff should have a seperate forum and real sports talk should reside in the Vols forum. JMHO...
And to answer the kid, most of the people on this site came around when all the coaching stuff started happening, thats what they're here for. They have us like 5 to 1 at least. And besides, do you really want to hear what they have to say about basketball? I'm fine with letting them stay over there blabbering about what they don't know. I KNOW we have a basketball season going on, and these kids are fun to watch. They will make us proud, and when they do, all those 'other' people will be all over it, " Yea, basketball ! Bruce Pearl !"
Talk basketball, kid. We're here...

Dead on brother. I couldn't care less about all the speculation. It's great that we have a basketball forum, but in my mind all that coaching stuff should have a seperate forum and real sports talk should reside in the Vols forum. JMHO...
And to answer the kid, most of the people on this site came around when all the coaching stuff started happening, thats what they're here for. They have us like 5 to 1 at least. And besides, do you really want to hear what they have to say about basketball? I'm fine with letting them stay over there blabbering about what they don't know. I KNOW we have a basketball season going on, and these kids are fun to watch. They will make us proud, and when they do, all those 'other' people will be all over it, " Yea, basketball ! Bruce Pearl !"
Talk basketball, kid. We're here...

I appreciate that. I just feel that basketball needs a lot of credit. What Pearl has done here in a short time is remarkable.

I appreciate that. I just feel that basketball needs a lot of credit. What Pearl has done here in a short time is remarkable.

For my part, I am using basketball to maintain my athletic booster sanity during this firestorm of a football season. I would probably not have made a donation to the VASF without Uncle Brucie & Co. in the mix.

Sadly, I think my favorite moment at Neyland this year came when I first saw the ad for roundball season tix... I recall saying to myself, "sir, there is now light at the end of this God-forsaken tunnel!"

Their performances against Chattanooga, Siena, & Georgetown have only proven the worth of that sentiment over time. They have collectively saved me from drowning in a sea of apathy and orange athletic fail.

To paraphrase Cameron Frye, "Cameron Tatum, you're my hero."

Looking forward to the 'zags game tomorrow, and to being at UGA for the SEC tipoff in January.

For my part, I am using basketball to maintain my athletic booster sanity during this firestorm of a football season. I would probably not have made a donation to the VASF without Uncle Brucie & Co. in the mix.

Sadly, I think my favorite moment at Neyland this year came when I first saw the ad for roundball season tix... I recall saying to myself, "sir, there is now light at the end of this God-forsaken tunnel!"

Their performances against Chattanooga, Siena, & Georgetown have only proven the worth of that sentiment over time. They have collectively saved me from drowning in a sea of apathy and orange athletic fail.

To paraphrase Cameron Frye, "Cameron Tatum, you're my hero."

Looking forward to the 'zags game tomorrow, and to being at UGA for the SEC tipoff in January.

Well said :good!:

Someone that hangs 31 on a team that beat the 5 team in the country by 20 points is no cause for concern then?

Did you see Maryland? The transitive property doesn't apply here. Heytvelt can play, but he's not Alcindor. If we're worried about him beating us, we have big problems.

Last edited:
Did you see Maryland? The transitive property doesn't apply here. Heytvelt can play, by he's not Alcindor. If we're worried about him beating us, we have big problems.

I think we'll see a battle on the boards, and it concerns me. Gonzaga is good.

You think Wayne is going to be able to handle Heytvelt when Summers gave him fits?

I think we'll be fin against Heytvelt. Pargo, Daye, bouldin and Co represent balance like we haven't yet seen. That's much more of a concern as is Pargo's ability to get Maze in foul trouble.

Pargo was a complete no-show last year IIRC. He did absolutely nothing against us. Don't know if that was Ramar or our defensive scheme but he certainly was shut down.

VN Store

Back