It's Official! Stop Your Wooing

I'm not claiming to be superior, but there are just things I have observed. If you woo during Rocky Top:

You may DVR The Bachelor
You may sing along to Applebee's commercials.
You may put ketchup on everything.

You are superior to anyone who enjoys that stupid a-s "Applebees on a date night" song. I can say that with certainty.

The thing that really burns me about the accursed woo is that it kneecaps the last line - "Rocky Top, Tennessee!" People blow their breath on screaming WOOOOOOO and then there's nothing left for the last line of the song. You just get some unintelligible muttering after the WOOOOOOO because no one's got any air left in their lungs. Probably why they wait until halfway through the second chorus to pick back up singing - they're all out of breath from that woo.

But whatever. The woo's not even the worst problem with the crowd singing Rocky Top. No, the worst problem is that second note (I want to say it's a C# going by the key the Pride uses for plays Rocky Top) people added to the word "me" in "home sweet home to me!" It's "me." It's one note. One. Not two. One. And not a sliding four step musical slur down to C#. Sigh. Whatever. I accept my incoming "you must suck and be an old person" comments secure in the memory of an louder, cleaner, more robust Rocky Top. I'm not even that old. But. Such is life.

@LadyinOrange

So, my senior year of HS was back in the mid to late 90s when wrestling was real popular again (During the "Stone Cold" phase). Well, it was homecoming week and our class had a skit. Well, our skit was a wrestling match between me (Dressed as Ric Flair) and another wrestler dressed as Stone Cold (he had the bald head and a similar build). I had a blonde wig, the valets, and a really poor imitation of a Flair robe. I came out and cut a heel promo. Yes, there was plenty of alcohol involved in producing this skit. Well, we had a "match" and I had the upper hand until one of my valets turned on me and gave me a punch to the groin. Another gave me a knee to the groin. Then one of the guest judges decided to get involved (it was part of the act, obviously) and give me a punch from the 2nd rope after the groin shots. It was Jerry Lawler (he had a family member who taught at that school in the Memphis area). I then ate a Stone Cold Stunner and lost.

Reactions: kcvols1
@LadyinOrange

So, my senior year of HS was back in the mid to late 90s when wrestling was real popular again (During the "Stone Cold" phase). Well, it was homecoming week and our class had a skit. Well, our skit was a wrestling match between me (Dressed as Ric Flair) and another wrestler dressed as Stone Cold (he had the bald head and a similar build). I had a blonde wig, the valets, and a really poor imitation of a Flair robe. I came out and cut a heel promo. Yes, there was plenty of alcohol involved in producing this skit. Well, we had a "match" and I had the upper hand until one of my valets turned on me and gave me a punch to the groin. Another gave me a knee to the groin. Then one of the guest judges decided to get involved (it was part of the act, obviously) and give me a punch from the 2nd rope after the groin shots. It was Jerry Lawler (he had a family member who taught at that school in the Memphis area). I then ate a Stone Cold Stunner and lost.
Best. Post. Ever.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
OP removes the quote in question? Now there's a red flag. Now I feel obliged to WOOO even though I never used to.

The red flags mean that if somebody says that, it’s a red flag in your relationship. They’re saying it’s bad if your partner says there’s no Woo in Rocky Top, ergo they’re saying there IS a Woo
This is correct.

The thing that really burns me about the accursed woo is that it kneecaps the last line - "Rocky Top, Tennessee!" People blow their breath on screaming WOOOOOOO and then there's nothing left for the last line of the song. You just get some unintelligible muttering after the WOOOOOOO because no one's got any air left in their lungs. Probably why they wait until halfway through the second chorus to pick back up singing - they're all out of breath from that woo.

But whatever. The woo's not even the worst problem with the crowd singing Rocky Top. No, the worst problem is that second note (I want to say it's a C# going by the key the Pride uses for plays Rocky Top) people added to the word "me" in "home sweet home to me!" It's "me." It's one note. One. Not two. One. And not a sliding four step musical slur down to C#. Sigh. Whatever. I accept my incoming "you must suck and be an old person" comments secure in the memory of an louder, cleaner, more robust Rocky Top. I'm not even that old. But. Such is life.
Methinks you might be a little too smart for this thread. :p

VN Store

Back