It's Official! Stop Your Wooing

tenor.gif
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows there's technically no "woo" in the original. However, I've always seen it as somewhat of a cheer to show how much we love rocky top.

"It's Official! Stop Your Wooing"

This from the same people who drove around Ft. Sanders last fall searching for "unauthorized gatherings" i.e. students drinking beer and having a good time.

Sorry, no.

I usually don't sing along with RT, but by God, this Saturday I shall "do the woo" at full throat.

I'm Irish and we have a tradition of defying the Redcoats.

funny-dog-pictures-gift-lawn.jpg

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
There's no "Go Vols" in "Immigrant Song", yet that's there. There's no "Go Vols" in "The Hey Song", yet that's there. This crying about the Woo and putting the damn lyrics out there is a really pathetic take.

Wow, I'm gonna refrain from posting my normal Ric Flair meme, seems like y'all got it covered.

Reactions: VolnJC
The Woo has a life of itā€™s own. It might be the most annoying part of Vol football(Except the losing to us part.). I like to incorporate The Woo into other cheers or chants.

1st down Tennessee. Woo! While pointing to the direction of the 1st down.
Quarterback sack. Woo! While high-fiving another Vol fan.
Way to shut em down defense. Woo! Another high-five situation.

Seems there is some collateral damage too.

My kids love The Woo. It looks like The Woo is here to stay. Hang in there negawoos.
For some reason, the term negawoo cracks me up.

Can an person be a sunshine pumper and a negawooer?

Asking for a friend...

Last edited:
I dont like it

But it is ingrained now...it would take a generation to take it away
I have pondered a replacement for many years. All I come up with are obscene. The timing leaves space for two or three syllables to fit in for the W********

Osborne Brothers are HUGE UK fans, and really didn't care for Tennessee adopting Rocky Top . However, it made them lots of $$. Youtube The Osborne Brothers "Kentucky" Live at the G O O. Nothing about FB, just a good heartfelt nostalgic song. Recommend !

Maybe we could compromise and do like some churches and have a traditional and praise service....Wooers time would be 2 hours before and after the game and the rest of time could be for those of us in the right

Reactions: GAVol

VN Store

Back