It's happening [Dark Mode]

I think its more philosophical at this point. Do we try to be like everybody else cause its the cool thing or do we stay true to our tradition and be in the other 2% like we've always been. After the last 10 years I get the "well that shipped sailed a long time ago" angle but im just old school Tennessee at heart. I hate Alabama as much as anybody but I also respect them as much as anybody bc when I see how they operate, it reminds me of the real UT. I hate to lose that but if its already gone what the hell do we have to lose. "thats why they make chocolate and vanilla" is the best way to look at it I guess.
Im not sure it's 2% that stays with tradition. While Oregon changes their uniforms weekly it seems, they stay with their school colors. That's the difference here. Obviously some here believe it helps recruiting. There is no evidence to prove that. If it did Saban would wear black and change uniform colors. That man will do anything to win. This is a fact. Regardless it's not my decision but I am entitled to an opinion. I prefer orange and white over black and orange. If I believed wearing orange and purple would beat Bama I would support it. My point was simple uniform colors will never determine wins and losses.

Im not sure it's 2% that stays with tradition. While Oregon changes their uniforms weekly it seems, they stay with their school colors. That's the difference here. Obviously some here believe it helps recruiting. There is no evidence to prove that. If it did Saban would wear black and change uniform colors. That man will do anything to win. This is a fact. Regardless it's not my decision but I am entitled to an opinion. I prefer orange and white over orange and black. If I believed wearing orange and purple would beat Bama I would support it. My point was simple uniform colors will never determine wins and losses.

I agree. Its wayyyy over rated in recruiting. It creates excitement for the fans and players for a brief moment and then reality is back like it never left.

Reactions: stillavol
Im not sure it's 2% that stays with tradition. While Oregon changes their uniforms weekly it seems, they stay with their school colors. That's the difference here. Obviously some here believe it helps recruiting. There is no evidence to prove that. If it did Saban would wear black and change uniform colors. That man will do anything to win. This is a fact. Regardless it's not my decision but I am entitled to an opinion. I prefer orange and white over orange and black. If I believed wearing orange and purple would beat Bama I would support it. My point was simple uniform colors will never determine wins and losses.

Also Oregon has zero actual tradition, their uniforms are the tradition lol

I agree. Its wayyyy over rated in recruiting. It creates excitement for the fans and players for a brief moment and then reality is back like it never left.
Kids don't play for St Nick because of uniform color. They play for him because they know they have a shot at a NC and the best shot to play on Sundays. And that is the foundation to building a powerhouse. Not changing uniform colors.

Kids don't play for St Nick because of uniform color. They play for him because they know they have a shot at a NC and the best shot to play on Sundays. And that is the foundation to building a powerhouse. Not changing uniform colors.

Yeah I doubt bama, uga and clemson use alternate uniforms in their recruiting pitch. Thats just stupid lol. But with how god awful our recruiting is well see if it actually helps or not. Theres nowhere to go but up. Im beginning to wonder if our recruiting plan is solely based on transfers and older players. Which would make perfect sense. I think the portal is significantly more important than HS recruiting. We need grown men and depth, Not 3 star players that need 2/3 years to develop rn.

Got to start somewhere.

We aren’t Bama. Not saying you don’t understand that, but plenty of people on here don’t.

Reactions: allen phillips
Old and outdated like Alabama or who?
Do you really care what those embred son of a B1tches do ? They got extremely lucky and landed Saban. They gave him everything he could have wanted. A once in a lifetime coach that no matter what anyone does will never replicate it. Take your hat off to them. Once he is gone that success will not be attainable. We are not Bama, we have T on our chest. And yes eventually Bama will do the same things. The Kid's mindsets have changed. New school coaches are all about this type of stuff. Deal with it

Reactions: PA Vol and butchna
The very same people against even one game with an alternate uniform are the very same ones still wearing Fruit Of The Loom tighty whities. Still having the exact same thing for breakfast every single day of their lives. Still watching CNN and thinking they are getting factual news. Still will only do the missionary position that one time a month they decide to make love. Because God forbid there might be even a slight deviation from the same, tired, old, worn out routine.

Reactions: FïreBall
Got to start somewhere.

We aren’t Bama. Not saying you don’t understand that, but plenty of people on here don’t.
I definitely understand that. As much as I want to beat them, Saban & Co have earned my respect. I support Coach Heupel 110%. I dont see 3-4 players out of position like last year. We are winning the games we should by comfortable margins. This wasn't happening under Pruitt. I don't expect to win every game. But I want our players to at least show the effort that is required. We are seeing that now. If he can recruit at the level he coaches, better days lie ahead. And this will come from winning, not the color of uniforms.

Reactions: Okie
Got to start somewhere.

I bet you'd be shocked to know we had more all time wins than bama in 2008. Then we blew up the program and 10 years later here we are. But dont sell us short, historically In the sec its bama ut 1 and 2. People forget fulmer owned them for a decade. When we want to be a heavyweight SEC program we can still be that.

I bet you'd be shocked to know we had more all time wins than bama in 2008. Then we blew up the program and 10 years later here we are. But dont sell us short, historically In the sec its bama ut 1 and 2. People forget fulmer owned them for a decade. When we want to be a heavyweight SEC program we can still be that.

I’m not twelve and it’s not 2008 anymore.

Yes, the program imploded. Now it’s time to fix it. If black jerseys help, awesome. But kids don’t give a **** about what happened before they were born.

Reactions: EezyE and butchna
Real Tennessee fans will never accept mediocre and were not even to that level. Embracing the same stuff thats ruined our program and doubling down on it is stupid. Thats why Alabama operates the exact opposite of us. I couldn't care less about earning anything from a message board employee LOL. My parents were season ticket holders as well, but I would feel extremely corny using that as a point of being superior. "my mommy and daddy are better fans than you" is a pretty lame comeback. Like a real cringeworthy response

Decision making and egos ruined our program and attributing it to things like uniforms and breaking tradition is the height of stupidity.

You know why Alabama operates opposite from us? It is because that entire state is on board. When players are caught with guns, drugs, legal problems…you don’t hear much from the local press. Boosters and money men are all on the same page. The network of insiders is set. And although others disagree, I absolutely think it helps that the SEC is in Birmingham, near the heart of all things Bama, politics, and money.

The freaking uniforms they wear is nothing. Bama could trot out in Pink and have the same results.

If throwing on a black uniform once a year gets us closer to where we need to be, then so be it. It is the 21st century. We have social media, recruiting services, and transfer portals. Until we all get on the same page with all the peripheral resources Bama enjoys, this is what we have to do. And bedsides, traditions have to start somewhere, what in the heck is wrong with a black mode games once a year?

I’m not twelve and it’s not 2008 anymore.

Yes, the program imploded. Now it’s time to fix it. If black jerseys help, awesome. But kids don’t give a **** about what happened before they were born.

"Tennessee doesnt take a back seat to anybody, man. Anybody" inky Johnson. Thats the approach we have to get back to. From coaching hires to recruiting.

The very same people against even one game with an alternate uniform are the very same ones still wearing Fruit Of The Loom tighty whities. Still having the exact same thing for breakfast every single day of their lives. Still watching CNN and thinking they are getting factual news. Still will only do the missionary position that one time a month they decide to make love. Because God forbid there might be even a slight deviation from the same, tired, old, worn out routine.

Lol…This is amazing. Well done sir.

They couldn't get the black helmets in due to Covid issues. All black was the original plan. People complaining about alternates for this game..... this is our first big recruiting weekend and we have a little momentum going. This is also a game we're favored in. This makes the most sense from a recruiting standpoint.

Plus, this may be the most important game left on our schedule in some ways.

We currently are 3 wins away from a bowl. Vandy and South Alabama are 2 games that are almost assumed wins.

That means we need one out of South Carolina, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss.

This game is by far and away our best chance to get the W, and put ourselves in a great place to get to a bowl.

You 100% have to pull out all of the stops to win this game. No questions asked.

We may pull an upset against UGA, Bama or Ole Miss. And we may beat Kentucky.

But I would feel MUCH better about our bowl aspirations if we win against South Carolina.

I'm loving this. Very clean look. Wish they would have gotten the black helmets in. I know that wont happen again (Black unis aren't a part of next year order). But, I love it. And obviously the boys do too.

Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good.

Reactions: bigl3327
Why do people make a big deal over uniforms. The kids like, they have to wear it, and us fans never will.

Decision making and egos ruined our program and attributing it to things like uniforms and breaking tradition is the height of stupidity.

You know why Alabama operates opposite from us? It is because that entire state is on board. When players are caught with guns, drugs, legal problems…you don’t hear much from the local press. Boosters and money men are all on the same page. The network of insiders is set. And although others disagree, I absolutely think it helps that the SEC is in Birmingham, near the heart of all things Bama, politics, and money.

The freaking uniforms they wear is nothing. Bama could trot out in Pink and have the same results.

If throwing on a black uniform once a year gets us closer to where we need to be, then so be it. It is the 21st century. We have social media, recruiting services, and transfer portals. Until we all get on the same page with all the peripheral resources Bama enjoys, this is what we have to do. And bedsides, traditions have to start somewhere, what in the heck is wrong with a black mode games once a year?
I agree. We let the revolving president club at UT give the reins of the AD to that bean counter Hamilton, who knew s##t about football and he started the downward spiral of a great and
proud program.

VN Store

Back