It's Going To Be A long Year!

I have been wondering what the problem with Bailey has been? Milton, more experienced; Hooker looked pretty good outside of the int he threw, good scramble with his legs; but the only thing I can think of is Bailey doesn't have the experience. He's not going to get it on the bench. I hope they play his some good reps in the next game. Think Milton needs to go to the Peyton Academy to get his rocket arm tuned to hit receivers.
They won't even give Bailey a chance though. I don't know why he hasn't been playing. There may be something going on that we don't know about.

Whose been expecting SEC and National Championships? Only the delusional bunch expect something like that under another rebuild with a new HC.

I just want to see improvement and win 6-7 games this year.

It’s way too early to tell how Heupel will work out. Yes, he’s made some questionable calls and decisions but this is the SEC. Probably needs more time to adapt.

I’m burnt out going through numerous coaching searches every three years just to get turned down over & over again.

Might as well just ride it out with Heupel.
If you are asking "whose been expecting SEC and National Championships", then you haven't been reading through the threads regarding 10-2 expectations that I have seen.

Now, that is not me.....I feel like those days are likely long gone for my lifetime....

Reactions: 508mikey
If these two quarterbacks are the best we have, it is going to be a long year. What are we going to do when we get to SEC play? Four wins top!
Welcome to the world of reality. More Vol fans need to visit.

If this program could get some competent QB play and stop shooting itself in the foot over and over and over with penalties, lousy execution, and turnovers , that would go a long way toward making them competitive.

Its been over a decade now of WTF moments on defense, back breaking turnovers,, and awful QB play since Dobbs left.

Teams like App St and Coastal never have the talent advantage yet they still manage to hang with and occasionally beat the bigger programs. Saw it again yesterday.

This game cleared up one thing for me. There is no 6'5" 245lb QB, with a rifle arm who can run the football out there that Bama and UGA missed out on.
UGA started a guy yesterday at QB yesterday who is like 5'10, 170 lbs., however if we had that guy yesterday we'd have won going away because he can throw the deep ball accurately. It's not always the size of the Vol in the fight but the size of the fight in the Vol. It's a cliche, I know but we need some Clausen type fire at the position. We need to see what Bailey can do, because Milton and Hooker don't have "it".

Reactions: stolitonic
Our facilities were in the gutter when Majors arrived. I call BS on your post. Both Dooley and Butch Jones had top 5 classes while here
Call me on my "********" all you like. I'll grant you that our facilities weren't good when Majors came here, you're right. What I'm talking about is the facility advantage we had in the 90's-2000's. That's gone. Long gone. Almost every major college football program in the country has nice facilities now. Everybody has in door practice fields. Everybody has training centers. Everybody has fancy lockers with flat screens and PlayStations. In fact, compared to a few other programs our facilities have fallen behind again. Not that facilities alone = success. It certainly doesn't. The point I was only trying to make is we don't even have THAT advantage anymore. There's absolutely nothing we can sell to recruits right now except early playing time and that doesn't seem move the needle for a lot of them.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
good one.
what will the next excuse be in 3 or 4 years when we restart the cycle?
We just suck and thats probably never gonna change. We hire bad coaches that are stubborn and choose the worst QB.
No need to get fancy with the excuses anymore. Lets just call it like it is. We aren't a good football program and prolly never will be again.
I agree that it is just another excuse, a very valid excuse at that. This is a 5-7 team at best until we get some talent on this team. There’s currently not a player on this team that would start for any of our big 3 competitors, until that changes, 5-7 to 8-4 at best no matter who coaches this team.

Truth

We are currently 28th in recruiting. One player in the Top 200. Best is currently 113

Rest are all below 395

We will never compete with this type of recruiting

This is worse than Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt
Think the NCAA cloud might have a bearing on that?

Again....maybe, but Butch Jones had us making noticiable improvement up until the end of his 4th year. Maybe some of that was because he wasn't very likable and JH seems to have a better personality.

Correction, Dobbs was showing noticeable improvement.

Botch was doing the same old same old and just happened to back into winning some games.

Dobbs had an off night and UT would not stand a chance.

The sad thing is that if Botch and crew would have been able to turn Dobbs into a better thrower while retaining his running abilities- well then, we might have been cooking with gas. As things were, I subconsciously held my breath every time Dobbs threw the ball over 15 yards.

If these two quarterbacks are the best we have, it is going to be a long year. What are we going to do when we get to SEC play? Four wins top!

It was always going to be a long year. If you are just realizing that, then there’s not much anyone can do for you.

If Hooker cuts down the turnovers, I really think the offense will put up a lot of points. Tennessee would have won if he had played from the beginning of the game imo.

Ok, this isn't going to be taken well and it screams agenda. Milton can run, he's not a Vick but can run. Not particularly fast but can run. He hits the short passes but no finesse on long balls. Hooker throws it a bit better and doesn't have the wheels Milton does but can still move the chains. The fourth down call after the horrendous spot on 4 and short and for the play that was called after was the biggest mistake I've seen since the 13 men on the field against LSU. I'll say this and stand by it but we will see him transfer and go on to a fine college career but HB is the most accurate passer on the team hands down. He doesn't have the wheels to move the chains but as we have seen in the spring game he can move the chains with his feet. Just go back and watch and if I'm wrong point me to it.

I don't have the answers and I'm not Danny White's choice for HC but I have serious doubts how this season will play out. The staff has tunnel vision and as I said what HB showed in spring has been pushed aside for two transfers but CJH's reputation is on the line of bringing in 2 transfers and one has to work, I think if HB transfers we will regret losing this kid because the staff had tunnel vision. I want CJH to succeed but as of now I see a man that has one thing on his mind. I hope the QB he just recruited meets his standards but will he start a freshman?

I try to be a realist but Milton and hooker have the edge because of the wheels but ask yourself. If you had an accurate QB at the helm that could hit those 4-5 over throws what would the score have been? TUNNEL vision plain and simple and while HB is at UT he will never get a chance. Gosh, I hope we don't have to play this kid in the future.

I regress.

VN Store

Back