It's April and Rick Barnes decides to retire and join Saban. Who's your first 2 calls to?

What about the upstart coach at South Carolina, wow what a job he has done in one year there, seems very well prepared.
Two years, unless you're just talking about his improvement from year 1 to year 2, but yes, he's done a great job at that school without the kind of resources or commitment from top level SEC programs. Next step is sustaining that success now that he's locked in with his new contract.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'd call Josh Schertz of Indiana State he used to coach at LMU and has been money everywhere he's been
Schertz is a tremendous coach and has quickly turned around a dismal Indiana State program. A good guy with an eye for talent and an offensive wiz, the 4x Div II National Coach from the Year lingered @ LMU far longer than I ever expected.

A Cult Hero, Former Division II Coach and Surprising Support Cast: Reviving a Dormant Indiana State Men’s Basketball Program

Something special is happening with Indiana State basketball, and Terre Haute is in love

They keep playing like the last 20 minutes; and Barnes won’t need to RETIRE. Fire his behind 😡

Any freakin' coach who can win freakin' tournament games in March, when it counts the most. I'm so freakin' tired of laying a egg year after year in the only games that count, the ones that people remember!!! :mad:

I would check with Tommy Lloyd but doubt he’d leave Arizona, same for the other top guys like a Hurley at UCONN.

Nate Oats at Bama? Fans have grown to dislike hun here, would Danny consider him?

Brad Underwood I think would get consideration and could be mutual, Niko Medved at Colorado State is a name I could see White looking at.
Patino

The further we move the past, the stronger I feel that bringing Bruce Pearl back to Knoxville to finish his career wouldn’t be the worst thing. My feelings have done a complete 180 the past six years.

Probably not going to happen though. It would need to be within the next two years if so.

Any freakin' coach who can win freakin' tournament games in March, when it counts the most. I'm so freakin' tired of laying a egg year after year in the only games that count, the ones that people remember!!! :mad:

Do you remember the 2022 SECT?

Don’t know how you can say that. We were picked to finish second to last in the SEC when he took over. Barnes was picked to finish second to last in his first year iirc. Pearl’s style allowed for earlier success, than Barnes’ style.
This is where you went totally wrong. The comparison to what Pearl and Barnes inherited were night and day. That’s YOU being partial now.

Pearl inherited an NBA PG and the best 3 point shooter in our history. Anyone who argues against that loses all credibility in my book.

Reactions: EasternVol
Don’t remember the SECT the last 5 years? So funny that people complain about today when Barnes has been to the finals in 3 of the last 5 tournaments.

This is where you went totally wrong. The comparison to what Pearl and Barnes inherited were night and day. That’s YOU being partial now.

Pearl inherited an NBA PG and the best 3 point shooter in our history. Anyone who argues against that loses all credibility in my book.
I’m not arguing that, but at that point in time no one expected Chris lofton to be that, and pearls system helped.. Watson was there but we were still expected to be bad. He took a lot of guys that were mediocre the year before and made them winners. You’re right, because the pieces were there, and I am too, because we didn’t know the potential we had when Pearl was hired and we’re probably mediocre again if Buzz coaches one more year.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I’m not arguing that, but at that point in time no one expected Chris lofton to be that, and pearls system helped.. Watson was there but we were still expected to be bad. He took a lot of guys that were mediocre the year before and made them winners. You’re right, because the pieces were there, and I am too, because we didn’t know the potential we had when Pearl was hired and we’re probably mediocre again if Buzz coaches one more year.
Lofton was a 3rd team AA under Buzz. Everyone knew he was great before anyone in this fanbase had ever heard of Bruce Pearl.

The further we move the past, the stronger I feel that bringing Bruce Pearl back to Knoxville to finish his career wouldn’t be the worst thing. My feelings have done a complete 180 the past six years.

Probably not going to happen though. It would need to be within the next two years if so.
If Pearl doesn’t get the Louisville job, he’ll retire at Auburn.

There is ZERO chance he ever gets offered a job here again. If you get fired for cause here you are never again considered for future employment. He has as much chance to get rehired here as Jeremy Pruitt.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back