It's April and Rick Barnes decides to retire and join Saban. Who's your first 2 calls to?

Okay so you’re agreement with me… then why are you bickering with me? My statement was, paraphrasing, “he would definitely come back, but the admin doesn’t want him back.” Then another poster said he wouldn’t want to come back. You chimed in that I wasn’t informing anyone. Clearly one poster in this thread thinks Pearl would choose to stay at auburn, which isn’t true IF he got offered by UT. I informed that guy. I agree there’s no chance of it happening. We seem to be 100% on the same page… sooo, we good here, right?
Yeah, Go Big Orange

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
Typical Tenn. wondered how long it would take somebody to ditch. Other folks are having a good time of it go back to your hole.
you go back to your hole. With comments like yours above, it is quite obvious that you are not a fan of the Vols success and their consistency. It is a childlike question and post. Barnes is 69 years old and you are looking for replacement. Maybe he should run for President when he turns 72. Coach K coached until he was 76 years old, so there is a distinct possibility Barnes could do the same. That is 7 more seasons.

Reactions: Volfan1000
The way Tennessee is a forerunner in NIL, it’s a tremendous advantage. I think we could be a top tier destination and you’d be surprised who we could pull if the money was right.
I will say, all signs point to our success so far not being NIL-driven in basketball. With Barnes gone, I think we will need someone who can politick within the AD for more NIL funds to be diverted from football to basketball. Lots of factors at play, but as you said, I trust DW to pull better names than I and others think we can.

I bet Chris Beard, Sean Miller, and Chris Holtmann would all have interest.
Yeah, not sure our current AD and administration would go after Beard or Miller. Barnes may coach another 5 years or so. Never know who might pop up on the list if that's the case

I will say, all signs point to our success so far not being NIL-driven in basketball. With Barnes gone, I think we will need someone who can politick within the AD for more NIL funds to be diverted from football to basketball. Lots of factors at play, but as you said, I trust DW to pull better names than I and others think we can.
I don't see any coaches available at this time to choose from anyways. FWIW, I am more concerned about a poster and thread created by poster that is even considering this. Barnes has posted 3 consecutive 24+ win seasons in a row.

Currently a strong FF4 threat and you have a poster trying to question who his replacement is when there is zero qualified nor available at this time.

What's more, Barnes has probably got 7 to 10 years left on his coaching resume. He is close to home great facilities winning team, he can coach, and he knows the game. Geez. This season is over for no one.

Do you also take issue with Pearl posting daily about conflict in the Middle East? I personally don’t have a problem with coaches having vocal opinions on non-batsh*t, extreme, harmful conspiracies, but we need to be consistent with our accepting of coaches using their freedom of speech - whether we agree with them all or not.
Pearl is a sleazebag but how can criticize someone for standing up for his people. And besides who was the last Palestinian McDonalds AA.😀

Pearl is a sleazebag but how can criticize someone for standing up for his people. And besides who was the last Palestinian McDonalds AA.😀
Oh I’m fine with it! Good for Bruce for using his platform to stand up for what he believes in. I was responding to a poster who took issue with Kim English doing the same. My argument is we should be consistent with coaches being able to voice their opinions on important topics, no matter if it’s something we agree with or not.

Last edited:
if you can't remember their names then there is your answer. Either that or you failed to use blue font.
I can’t remember names. Getting old. I think either might do well at Tennessee. They can coach. Both have had success at lessor programs. They have experience and they should be able to recruit well at Tennessee.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I can’t remember names. Getting old. I think either might do well at Tennessee. They can coach. Both have had success at lessor programs. They have experience and they should be able to recruit well at Tennessee.
Buzz and Beard

I don't see any coaches available at this time to choose from anyways. FWIW, I am more concerned about a poster and thread created by poster that is even considering this. Barnes has posted 3 consecutive 24+ win seasons in a row.

Currently a strong FF4 threat and you have a poster trying to question who his replacement is when there is zero qualified nor available at this time.

What's more, Barnes has probably got 7 to 10 years left on his coaching resume. He is close to home great facilities winning team, he can coach, and he knows the game. Geez. This season is over for no one.
8 more years might get him to 1000 wins
Let’s hope for that

You start out with proven winners. If you exhaust that you move on to up and comers.

This is the appropriate stance… people only disagree because Pearl and BBQ’s are extremely emotive subjects to them.

Everyone’s jumping up my asš, when I absolutely love Barnes.

We can like and appreciate Pearl and also like and appreciate Barnes. But I’ve been told to go cheer for auburn, and even been called hitler for correcting someone, all because they’re really emotional about sports. Lol.

I don’t buy that you like Barnes or else you wouldn’t be trolling UT fans about Pearl.

Quit living in the past and appreciate the present with the best coach UT had ever had when you consider all aspects of running a successful basketball program. Bruce had a great run as a great coach here but he left the program in disarray and CRB helped clean up his mess.FACT.

I get where you're coming from and agree 100 % about focusing on the here and now,but I think it's also fun to speculate on these things sometimes. I don't know about him coaching 7-10 more years,but hopefully he continues to have success as long as he's at Tennessee.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back