It Has GOT to be Campbell (Watch This!)

SF wouldn’t lose credibility from me. He apparently has some really embedded sources but they may be being sold a smoke screen as well. SF can only share what he’s heard.

Too many times a guy with sources shares what he’s been told here and when he’s wrong he’s eaten alive which isn’t fair. If my brother was Danny White I wouldn’t share any insider information here for that very reason.
You know a smokescreen is just cover for BS information don’t ya? Go read through all the past coaching searches. Whole lotta smokescreens in the Gruden threads too. lol

Campbell would be a grand slam but I doubt it happens. Huge buyout and huge salary to even think about making it happen.

Buyout is not that big. The 22 million buyout is if he is fired. Buyout for a team to poach him is like 5-6 million I believe.

You can substitute everything he said about Iowa State for Tennessee and it fits perfectly. He wanted a challenge. He saw the energy, the passion, the potential, the Athletic Director, and the challenge of the Conference.

I'm sorry, but I really truly believe this is our next coach. And I think he is the next star in college football.

I could definitely get behind Campbell and think it would be a great hire. One problem though, he would have to learn how to say go Vawls instead of go Voles. 🤪
GBO!!

SF wouldn’t lose credibility from me. He apparently has some really embedded sources but they may be being sold a smoke screen as well. SF can only share what he’s heard.

Too many times a guy with sources shares what he’s been told here and when he’s wrong he’s eaten alive which isn’t fair. If my brother was Danny White I wouldn’t share any insider information here for that very reason.
I think he (SF) is going to be right today. There are a few detractors out there that will always scoff at anyone who is providing reliable info. I guess I was assuming there was going to be negative feedback from the person I replied to so that prompted my response.

Reactions: VolRage
You know a smokescreen is just cover for BS information don’t ya? Go read through all the past coaching searches. Whole lotta smokescreens in the Gruden threads too. lol

There have been a few sources here that have legit connections. But most are along the lines of “my brothers wife’s dads cousins uncle knows someone............”. Gruden, where has he been during the coach search? 😂😂😂

Fleck has a suspect record? I think his record is pretty solid - if you throw out his 1-11 in his first year after taking over W. Mich, he has a .627 winning % which is higher than Kiffin
I should have clarified that I was not talking about his record at WMU. There are lots of coaches with good records as they rise through the ranks until areiving at a major school. He has had one year (and it wasn't last year) out of four at Minnesota that would make us happy. He did have a really good year in 2019 but followed that with another losing season this year...the very year he had mostly of his own recruits.

I inadvertently left off Malzahn but it seems as if he isn't a likely option anymore. I don't know why I think that because this search is free of leaks.

I should have clarified that I was not talking about his record at WMU. There are lots of coaches with good records as they rise through the ranks until areiving at a major school. He has had one year (and it wasn't last year) out of four at Minnesota that would make us happy. He did have a really good year in 2019 but followed that with another losing season this year...the very year he had mostly of his own recruits.

I inadvertently left off Malzahn but it seems as if he isn't a likely option anymore. I don't know why I think that because this search is free of leaks.

Fleck had a bunch of players opt out for this year which contributed to the losing record. Up til that, he progressively improved the team every year culminating in a top 10 finish and 11 wins in year 3, the very kind of performance we have been lacking.

Does anyone know Stoerner Fumbles track record with good information?
About 100% the last few weeks. Even Dawgnation is talking about how accurate and detailed his info is. One stated it is the most accurate insider info they had seen in 25 years. Read that this morning.

Fleck had a bunch of players opt out for this year which contributed to the losing record. Up til that, he progressively improved the team every year culminating in a top 10 finish and 11 wins in year 3, the very kind of performance we have been lacking.
Yeah, my answer is devoid of details like that. So, I stand corrected on Fleck. Thanks for the insight, especially if he is the one chosen.

Reactions: The Original Fade
About 100% the last few weeks. Even Dawgnation is talking about how accurate and detailed his info is. One stated it is the most accurate insider info they had seen in 25 years. Read that this morning.
I have been reading the Coachery thread as someone suggested and it is impressive the things pieced together. That and the candor of questions he/she doesn't know the answer to from other posters. Typically insiders put everything out as certainty and then emphatically are wrong. I am taking not from here forward of Stoerner Fumbles as clearly isn't careless and has a closely linked source.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back