It Has GOT to be Campbell (Watch This!)

I am totally guessing but I think Campbell is who they are shooting for, after that Fickell or maybe they do go after Kiffin. I think Campbell is the target. I would very much like that pick. I personally think Napier would be better than Fickell but it's close and again I could be wrong. This is the SEC, I think I trust Campbell and Kiffin the most with winning.

Campbell has been my first choice all along. His buyout can't be that bad he only makes $2/$4 million per year. I can go with Kiffin, Herman, Freeze, as well, but it must be a homerun type hire. Bringing in another celebrated coordinator is just asking for problems three years out.

Who? If it takes that much to lure Clemson's Offensive Coordinator, we are in bigger trouble than I thought. LOL.
That offer was not mentioned with Elliott, someone says that we offered a certain coach that much. No idea for sure who that was, but most think it was Campbell. GBO!

Campbell has been my first choice all along. His buyout can't be that bad he only makes $2/$4 million per year. I can go with Kiffin, Herman, Freeze, as well, but it must be a homerun type hire. Bringing in another celebrated coordinator is just asking for problems three years out.
I definitely think White is going to swing for the fences before hiring someone like Elliott. We didn't bring him up here to hire another coordinator. Phil could have done that.

I've seen this rumored a few places. I hope it's true cause it would mean we're finally willing to spend the money to get a proven coach.

I've read that 40mil is including buyouts, and an estimated avg of 6-7mil/year. If true that would be just out side the top 10 (tier-1) coaches.

If true, my guess would be Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal.

I would have guessed Fleck and what OP was saying about Campbell's approach to a challenge, there are the same type of quotes by Fleck. However I've read he may be staying at MN.

Who knows. But I'm praying these latest rumors are true. Cause that means we're serious and not settling anymore.

You really don’t want Cristobal

So no proof got it.
Stoerner Fumbles is the poster. He has been right in everything the last 3 or 4 weeks. Read his post history if you know how. look at the number of people who are acknowledging and thanking him for the info he is posting. There are a detractor or two. We should have a coach in place by tomorrow. If not the FU money for a first choice then probably lesser money for our 2nd choice who appears ready to sign. He went out in a limb with this info Sunday so he upped the ante. If it doesn’t happen tomorrow then he loses a lot of credibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeblood98'
If you eliminate anyone with baggage (perceived or real), then Freeze, Kiffin, Chadwell, and Franklin are out.

Eliminating coordinators takes Elliott away.

Getting rid of coaches that IMO have suspect records at their current positions removes Dykes and Fleck.

That leaves us with 1a) Campbell, 1b) Fickell, 3) Herman, and 4) Napier.

Fleck has a suspect record? I think his record is pretty solid - if you throw out his 1-11 in his first year after taking over W. Mich, he has a .627 winning % which is higher than Kiffin

Reactions: 66volfan

You can substitute everything he said about Iowa State for Tennessee and it fits perfectly. He wanted a challenge. He saw the energy, the passion, the potential, the Athletic Director, and the challenge of the Conference.

I'm sorry, but I really truly believe this is our next coach. And I think he is the next star in college football.

giphy (14).gif

If you eliminate anyone with baggage (perceived or real), then Freeze, Kiffin, Chadwell, and Franklin are out.

Eliminating coordinators takes Elliott away.

Getting rid of coaches that IMO have suspect records at their current positions removes Dykes and Fleck.

That leaves us with 1a) Campbell, 1b) Fickell, 3) Herman, and 4) Napier.
That's a reasonable analysis. Thanks for sharing it.

Fleck has a suspect record? I think his record is pretty solid - if you throw out his 1-11 in his first year after taking over W. Mich, he has a .627 winning % which is higher than Kiffin

He went 1-11 his first year at Western Michigan, and 3 seasons later had them in the Cotton Bowl.

Then he went to Minnesota and did exactly what you hire coaches to do. He showed a positive trend in years 1 and 2, and then year 3 Minnesota was 11-2 with a win against Auburn in the Outback Bowl.

He did this at 2 different programs. One of which is more or less an afterthought in the Big 10. Not sure what more people would be looking for, and to call it “suspect” is lunacy.

But apparently he’s told recruits and players he’s not taking the job, so it’s all for nothing, really.

Stoerner Fumbles is the poster. He has been right in everything the last 3 or 4 weeks. Read his post history if you know how. look at the number of people who are acknowledging and thanking him for the info he is posting. There are a detractor or two. We should have a coach in place by tomorrow. If not the FU money for a first choice then probably lesser money for our 2nd choice who appears ready to sign. He went out in a limb with this info Sunday so he upped the ante. If it doesn’t happen tomorrow then he loses a lot of credibility.

SF wouldn’t lose credibility from me. He apparently has some really embedded sources but they may be being sold a smoke screen as well. SF can only share what he’s heard.

Too many times a guy with sources shares what he’s been told here and when he’s wrong he’s eaten alive which isn’t fair. If my brother was Danny White I wouldn’t share any insider information here for that very reason.

VN Store

Back