It’s now or never

I truly believe that if we fail to get a “home run” hire for a HC within the next week. Tennessee football will continue its downward spiral for years to come. With all of the negativity surrounding this program, what incentive would a top ranked recruit have to play here. Or for that matter, convince our current players to stay with the program. Now is the time for the university to realize that a 3 or 4 million dollar mediocre coach, will only get us more of the same. We need a proven HC that can recruit, coach, and motivate the players. The administration states that we have a top tier program, prove your commitment to that statement and hire a top tier coach.

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.04.36 PM.png

Here's my only requirement.... If I look at the guy's bio and I say to my self this guy's accomplishments look just like Derek Dooley or Butch Jones or Jeremy Pruitt when we hired them then I do not want that coach. We need someone above that. Anyone who's never been a head coach, no thanks. Anyone who's won a lot of games but in a small conference or DII or DIII, no thanks. Anyone who has a middling record in a weak conference, no thanks. We just have to do better than this. We need to do better than this.
I completely agree the only thing we have to remember tho is can we do better than that.

I think the problem our new AD is going to have is that not 1 good, experienced HC will come here when we're losing players, our recruits are decomiting and we have no idea whatsoever how hard the useless NCAA is going to hammer us.

That's a VERY hard sell for our new AD to try to make.

He may be forced to make this a 2 step plan.

Step 1...Get the best HC he can get for now to recruit well to build up the player roster, WIN all he can with the best coaches he can get to come here, get things stable and ride out the NCAA sanctions.

Step 2...After all the above are completed then decide if we keep our current HC or does our AD then go get the homerun hire as HC that he believes can take the next steps to WIN our division, the the SEC and then on to another Natty.

Our AD may simply not have any other options since we're such a total dumpster fire right now and we have no idea what the NCAA will do.

I'll try my best to remain positive and support my beloved Vols however this turns out because we should all know that at least the next 2 or 3 years are going to be really rough.

VFL...GBO!!!

The last few searches have been 'huh???' hires. I'm hoping that the actual hire is not on our radar but this time in a good way.

It would be fantastic if that 'huh???' is replaced with an 'oh woooooowwwww.'

VN Store

Back