It’s Loyola of Chicago

You say that as if shooting 60% from the field just happens all the time. How many times this season have we shot 60% from the field???

Don't know don't care. Shooting 60% is awesome but meaningless if the level of competition is not there.

Don't know don't care. Shooting 60% is awesome but meaningless if the level of competition is not there.

Shooting 60% is never meaningless. It is a measure of your team's ability to put the ball in the basket. FWIW, Tennessee hasn't shot 60% all year for an entire game. In fact, they've only shot 50%+ on 7 occasions, with a high of 57.1%.

Point being, the OP spoke casually about shooting 60% as if it happens regularly. Heck, we could beat any team in the country if we shot 60% in a game, let alone Loyola-Chicago.

Shooting 60% is never meaningless. It is a measure of your team's ability to put the ball in the basket. FWIW, Tennessee hasn't shot 60% all year for an entire game. In fact, they've only shot 50%+ on 7 occasions, with a high of 57.1%.

Point being, the OP spoke casually about shooting 60% as if it happens regularly. Heck, we could beat any team in the country if we shot 60% in a game, let alone Loyola-Chicago.

I hear you and agree. But, the level of defenses you are facing also makes that number fall. FG % alone does not win games which I know you know.

How many games have we won shooting 40% or less. To many other factors go into this.

CRB and staff know what is at stake. I see a lot of pressure on the 3 pt line and the lane not open for too many walk through.

Do we dominate the glass on both ends???? Are we not more Physical and deeper.

Not ruling them out for the upset, but Miami didn't man up with them like I think our Vols will.

I would not be surprise to see us win by 15+.

I hear you and agree. But, the level of defenses you are facing also makes that number fall. FG % alone does not win games which I know you know.

How many games have we won shooting 40% or less. To many other factors go into this.

CRB and staff know what is at stake. I see a lot of pressure on the 3 pt line and the lane not open for too many walk through.

Do we dominate the glass on both ends???? Are we not more Physical and deeper.

Not ruling them out for the upset, but Miami didn't man up with them like I think our Vols will.

I would not be surprise to see us win by 15+.

I think you are misinterpreting my intent, which was simply to demonstrate how rare shooting 60% from the field is over 40 minutes.

Discussing the effectiveness of it is another topic altogether.

To that point, of course, shooting well is not the end-all, be-all in determining a game's outcome. But, FWIW, we are 6-5 when shooting <40%, and 7-0 when shooting >50%. So, there is a correlation to shooting well and winning, and shooting poorly and losing. I would think that's an obvious statement, even if it isn't a 100% certainty.

Rebounding is also affected by good shooting, as it limits the chance for offensive rebounds. You may win a game handily and get outrebounded by 10, but it likely means you shot 50%+ and held your opponent to shooting in the mid-30s, or worse.

As with all things, there are extenuating variables and outliers.

I hear ya....ok no harm.

In this particular game. Putting the Rosters up against each other side by side and looking at the schedule by teams played. I have wondered what I am missing with a 6 pt Vegas spread. Margin of victory for me appears to be of the 5 to 7 possession point range.

I hear ya....ok no harm.

In this particular game. Putting the Rosters up against each other side by side and looking at the schedule by teams played. I have wondered what I am missing with a 6 pt Vegas spread. Margin of victory for me appears to be of the 5 to 7 possession point range.

Top 40 by KenPom which puts them ahead of teams like Alabama, Rhode Island and Maryland...and they did just beat a Miami team who was a Top 40 RPI team. No I’m not saying they are going to kick our ass, but resume wise they are similar to a team like MTSU who many were worried about. They are a team we should beat, we will be favored by about every possible metric, but unlike Wright State we can’t come out and just play an average game or they are good enough to beat us.

Reactions: 1 person
Too bad that their conference tournament wasn't at the same time as the SECT instead if a week earlier. This would be their 5th game in 9 days. Instead it's TN's 5th game in 9 days... however TN does have a much longer bench.

You say that as if shooting 60% from the field just happens all the time. How many times this season have we shot 60% from the field???

I was saying those numbers are my feel safe in winning numbers if UT can shoot 60%, or approach that.

Top 40 by KenPom which puts them ahead of teams like Alabama, Rhode Island and Maryland...and they did just beat a Miami team who was a Top 40 RPI team. No I’m not saying they are going to kick our ass, but resume wise they are similar to a team like MTSU who many were worried about. They are a team we should beat, we will be favored by about every possible metric, but unlike Wright State we can’t come out and just play an average game or they are good enough to beat us.

Again, I hear ya....It's the NCAA. Roster wise I did not see any player quicker than ours. Not sure how they will react to pressure full court. Don't see the big there for them to dominate the boards.

Sure if we play an off game I could see it being close, but I do believe they have to play up one level at least and us down two levels of which Barnes and the players will not allow.

Chemistry is awesome and they have built on it from day one....

My wish would be for Bowden to get his stroke back but as long as he is playing tough defense there is enough to go around.

Officiating has been good in what I have seen but it can be a game changer....

Team is focused so no one is going to sneak up on them.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back