It’s Loyola of Chicago

Watch the whole game thought they were Vol mini mes. I don't see how the paint score is going to even up...Am I wrong or do you think our bigs will eat them up....

We own the mismatches all over the court. No way can they handle Admiral and our guards should smother theirs. Grant and Kyle can handle their big man, protect the rim and score as they please. I think if we shoot reasonably well we should win this game by double digits. But then I'm a die-hard believer in this team. :)

Reactions: 1 person
We own the mismatches all over the court. No way can they handle Admiral and our guards should smother theirs. Grant and Kyle can handle their big man, protect the rim and score as they please. I think if we shoot reasonably well we should win this game by double digits. But then I'm a die-hard believer in this team. :)

This game looks close on paper (6) points but in actually it looks like a 15 to 25 point smashing.

VOLS are bigger and faster. Now just play our game!!

I was watching a few of their games, including Florida. (Who they beat) Loyola out-physicalled the Gators. After watching them awhile, I realized that they play very similar to us. They are very well coached. They are smart and disciplined. They play unselfishly and take high percentage shots. They hit the offensive glass and play good defense.

Their point guard is really good. The guy that really scares me the most is a guy named Jackson. He shot 60% from three in HS. He shot over 50% from three in Juco, and is shooting over 50% from 3 this year. He’s also strong taking it to the hole. They have a good inside presence and have other guys that can shoot it as well. They’ll back door you, drive lanes and high-low you.

It will be interesting to see if we can play “Killer Defense” against these guys. We better come out with our A game for 40 minutes....looking to “PAR-TEY..”

Last edited:
Kinda sad I won’t have the opportunity to add “rock you like a hurricane” over a video of the vols beating miami.

Reactions: 2 people
I was watching a few of their games, including Florida. (Who they beat) After watching them awhile, I realized that they play very similar to us. They are very well coached. They are smart and disciplined. They play unselfishly and take high percentage shots. They hit the offensive glass and play good defense.

The guy that scares me the most is a guy named Jackson. He shot 60% from three in HS. He shot over 50% from three in Juco, and is shooting over 50% from 3 this year. He’s also strong taking it to the hole. They have a good inside presence and have other guys that can shoot it as well. They’ll back door you, drive lanes and high-low you.

It will be interesting to see if we can play “Killer Defense” against these guys. We better come out with our A game for 40 minutes....looking to “PAR-TEY..”

He’s shooting 36% from 3 on the year. 45% last year

Don’t have a good feeling about this matchup. Those guys can shoot. If you rewatch the game today you’ll see that Wright had a lot of open looks from 3, they just aren’t a good shooting team.

Just hope they have an off night and aren’t able to get into a rhythm. Need to slow the game down some and feed the ball inside to wear them out.

Anyone know how many guys they rotate?

Don’t have a good feeling about this matchup. Those guys can shoot. If you rewatch the game today you’ll see that Wright had a lot of open looks from 3, they just aren’t a good shooting team.

Just hope they have an off night and aren’t able to get into a rhythm. Need to slow the game down some and feed the ball inside to wear them out.

9 in double figures of MPG. 7 have 19 MPG or more. So I would say 7 guys.

But we only have 7 guys in double figures and we all know we rotate a few more than that, so it could be a bit misleading

7 primarily

90 year old lady in a wheelchair prays for them before each game. :thud:
Maybe she will oversleep or the Big Guy will ignore her victory request because he loves the Vols. :rock:

I think she is a nun at the school and the team chaplain. Prays with the team before and after every game from what i understand.:)

Reactions: 1 person
The 98 year old woman in the wheelchair is the team chaplain for Loyola and she was featured on the national newscast tonight.

It’s going to be Tennessee vs Everybody on Saturday. Everyone who isn’t a UT fan will be rooting for Loyola because of Sister Jean.

VN Store

Back