Israel vs Palestinians

Ah Twitter - such an even-keeled venue for discussion
I read a quote once saying that expecting to hear enlightened conversation on Twitter is like turning on a CB radio and expecting to hear someone reciting The Iliad. It's 100% true, and I say that as a Twitter lurker (never tweeted anything myself).

Reactions: NCFisher
There’s no such thing as “Palestinians”. There are Egyptians and Syrian refugees that were locked out of their countries for political reasons. There are plenty of those people now living in peace in Israel. They’re the ones who have become Israel citizens.
Slice, is there a place called Palestine?

Is there a place called Appalachia? It may or may not have distinct boundary lines on a map, but I'm sure it wouldn't be out of line to call someone from northeast Georgia to West Virginia from Appalachia, would it? Similarly, if an Egyptian is in Gaza or Jordanian in the West Bank, wouldn't that make them a Palestinian?

I worked with a Palestinian for about a year and a half and he told me the story about how his wife was essentially "stateless". She didn't gain citizenship until she married him here in the US. Its been a while since he told me this story, but her family either lives in Jerusalem or used to live in Jerusalem and she somehow lost her citizenship because she had left for an extended period of time (going to school) and was denied entry back in. Apparently there is an effort by the Israelis to get as many of those people out of Jerusalem once they leave by putting time limits on how long they can leave the country. Of course, that doesn't apply to Jews that live in Jerusalem or Israel, that rule is only for them.

I'll have to ask him again to get the specifics, but that is what I remember him telling me. I worked with the guy for a year and a half and he didn't give the impression of being a fabricator or BS artist.

The US should follow the same policy.

Is there a place called Appalachia? It may or may not have distinct boundary lines on a map, but I'm sure it wouldn't be out of line to call someone from northeast Georgia to West Virginia from Appalachia, would it? Similarly, if an Egyptian is in Gaza or Jordanian in the West Bank, wouldn't that make them a Palestinian?

Do the people in NW GA or WV try to claim the land as their own?

There has never been an independent country named Palestine. The area has always belonged to another state.

There has never been an independent country named Palestine. The area has always belonged to another state.
Just like there has never been a defined place called Appalachia. That was the reason why I used that analogy.

If the Arabs living in Israel would have been smart they would have assimilated, accepted citizenship from the start and took over through breeding by now.

I worked with a Palestinian for about a year and a half and he told me the story about how his wife was essentially "stateless". She didn't gain citizenship until she married him here in the US. Its been a while since he told me this story, but her family either lives in Jerusalem or used to live in Jerusalem and she somehow lost her citizenship because she had left for an extended period of time (going to school) and was denied entry back in. Apparently there is an effort by the Israelis to get as many of those people out of Jerusalem once they leave by putting time limits on how long they can leave the country. Of course, that doesn't apply to Jews that live in Jerusalem or Israel, that rule is only for them.

I'll have to ask him again to get the specifics, but that is what I remember him telling me. I worked with the guy for a year and a half and he didn't give the impression of being a fabricator or BS artist.
They are free to become citizens of Israel at any time. Many have and are glad they did. They should be free to return to their country of origin but they are rejected by those countries for political reasons.

Reactions: hog88
I have a bunch of Palestinian friends and they're going through a tough time with the land disputes over there. It's a mess of a process just to get the documentation to prove it is their family's land, but a few had been going over there to get it sorted. But for the parcels of land they have reclaimed, the older generation just wants to sell it because they are afraid the Israelis are just going to take it. The younger ones want to keep it and build condos or something lol. Family drama.

The original Palestinians are Semitic. (Jews) the people now calling themselves Palestinians were calling themselves something else (Jordanian..Egyptian...Syrian) before they were locked out by their home countries

I have a bunch of Palestinian friends and they're going through a tough time with the land disputes over there. It's a mess of a process just to get the documentation to prove it is their family's land, but a few had been going over there to get it sorted. But for the parcels of land they have reclaimed, the older generation just wants to sell it because they are afraid the Israelis are just going to take it. The younger ones want to keep it and build condos or something lol. Family drama.

I have family there. Some have employees that are Palestinians who have become Israel citizens. They don’t have any issues keeping what they own.

They are free to become citizens of Israel at any time. Many have and are glad they did. They should be free to return to their country of origin but they are rejected by those countries for political reasons.
There are also Black Hebrews that moved over in the 1970s or sometime that are now being removed from Dimona. Most of them have been making efforts to gain citizenship and have been given the run around. Some of them even served in the military to try to gain citizenship and still have denied.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back