Is Ziegler outplaying Chandler?

“How in the world do you let that little Tennessee guard who the announcers repeatedly said didn’t get a single D1 scholarship offer until Tennessee, keep blowing by RJ and Caleb for layups? Maddening!”

LOL--the player is what the player does. What others say he is, is irrelevant.

So many fans use recruiting information the way people with a radar app use it to check the weather--they'll pull up their radar before they look out the window, and believe the green on their screen even if their porch is bone dry.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Thoughts?
VFJ,
Whether he is or isn't doesn't really matter because what we saw in the second half of the UNC game with both of them on the court at the same time is a VERY good thing.
I think Barnes has been trying to figure out the right cocktail and while I hated to see JJJ not play, it forced Barnes to look at his lineup a little differently which resulted in that smaller lineup.

Both are amazing athletes. But what I'm impressed with ZZ mot is he is running sets VERY effectively (as a Freshman no less). The Alley Oop to ORN is an example....that was a complicated set play.

Good comp. I have previously used Erving Walker from Florida from about 10-12 years ago.
Yup, both of these are great comparisons. Someone said Jared Harper preseason, and that’s been fairly close too. While ZZ is certainly ahead of Harper as a frosh, we should all hope and pray he is able to emulate the scoring threat Harper evolved into.

Reactions: cncchris33
No but I am glad we are likely to have he around for 3-4 years. He appears to be better offensively than most of the point guards we have had in the past. Chandler can do it all and does it all better than any point guard in my memory. Very impressed with his skills and attitude.

Good comp. I have previously used Erving Walker from Florida from about 10-12 years ago.

Those are good comparisons to ZZ. I think Tyler Ulis of Kentucky and Tremont Waters of LSU are a couple of other recent under 6’ SEC players that were ultra quick, great ball handlers, and great long range shooters.

ZZ top has really been a heckuva surprise. I always admire these cat quick, smallish point guards that make life hell or the opponents. Now that we got ourselves one of those, I'm smilin'.....a lot.

Who was that little guard from Georgia that used to light us up, when Grant was a freshman and sophomore ?

Chandler is the best right now, but Ziegler is almost as good if he were the same height it would certainly be an even closer battle. What they give Tennessee is more speed and ball pressure than we've had with a team in a long time. I look forward to see them both progress this season.

Chandler is the best right now, but Ziegler is almost as good if he were the same height it would certainly be an even closer battle. What they give Tennessee is more speed and ball pressure than we've had with a team in a long time. I look forward to see them both progress this season.
I love Ziegler, but he’s nowhere near chandler. Chandler has a 6’5 wingspan and the ability to finish over those bigger than him. His quickness is almost the same as Ziegler’s and he’s got better moves.

Reactions: Volfan2012

VN Store

Back