Is Ziegler outplaying Chandler?

You better enjoy Chandler while he’s here. You don’t see that type talent often. Ziegler is a talent too and hopefully we’ll get to see more of him for several years!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Chandler is an amazing talent that we haven't seen, IMO, even from Bone.

Selfishly speaking, I would love for him to return. He and Vescovi together with a bigger and better post player could make it to a F4.

I could see a F4 happening next season if BHH and Chandler would come back.

Answering the OP question, no he is not outplaying Chandler by a long shot.

Just enjoy both. Chandler is special and ZZ is a great addition super quick and fast. As too the question, no he is not outplaying Chandler. But he has been a pleasant surprise.GBO!

Ethan Martin was a small quick guy from LSU back in the 80’s. I don’t know why but he came to my mind when I first seen ZZ play. GBO!

I missed the first half of the Colorado game but listened to it on the radio. The Vols announcers said that Zieglers ball pressure had a big impact in that half.

I remember getting tons of hell over this thread but I still stand by it.

Watching ZZ, he seems more smooth and under control, despite being only 5’9.

Chandler is good but I’ve been more impressed with ZZ’s play this season.

ZZ is a baller. He plays with no fear whatsoever.

Reactions: A.J.
Not at all on topic but the ZZ story is pretty cool. Evidently all the kid did is play outdoor ball like all the time on top of whatever team he was on. I think it was Dane that said on the last telecast that Zig had never been in a weight room before and when he got here they started training him. I wish him the best of luck.

I think the idea is based solely on expectations. If both of these kids were unheralded 3* players, then you could make a case for either guy. The fact that one kid was the #1 PG prospect in the country and the other kid didn't even have a D1 offer a year ago makes the issue a little foggy.

I just love that both are legit PGs - something UT hasn't always had in abundance like this year. It was painful to watch some of the cut and paste solutions UT has had to indulge in during recent seasons. With the arrival of Edwards next year, I have pretty high hopes for a few years where a 2G or a small forward can stay home and not have to struggle to handle the point.

Reactions: Plecoptera

VN Store

Back