Is UT Gonna Get Good Football Recruits?

The reason I mentioned the fake punt is that it was a tight game. I remember the Georgia/UT game this year when it was close we chose to punt rather than go for it and continue the march down the field at the very end. And if my memory serves me correct, that punt had a reservation for 6.

(Brasszilla @ Jan 4 said:
The reason I mentioned the fake punt is that it was a tight game. I remember the Georgia/UT game this year when it was close we chose to punt rather than go for it and continue the march down the field at the very end. And if my memory serves me correct, that punt had a reservation for 6.
yeah, but those kind of decisions are situational, not philisophical. in the TN game for example, we had a good D, and the thought process was we should be able to get a stop....i didn't like the call personally, but i understood why they made it...

as for last night, WVU hadn't really stopped UGA in the 2nd half, and he gambled....it definitely took balls, but had he had any faith in his D, he'd of punted in a heart beat....

yea you're right jakez. i just felt like we had played a lot of games not to loose. when we have a lead, we play super conservative instead of trying to put more points on the board.

(Brasszilla @ Jan 4 said:
yea you're right jakez. i just felt like we had played a lot of games not to loose. when we have a lead, we play super conservative instead of trying to put more points on the board.
no, i agree with you...that was always my biggest complaint about CPF in the 90s, when we got in to a big game...UF/Bama etc....we always were on the conservative side, trying NOT to lose....you are correct about that, but playing not to lose doesn't necessarily mean you need trick plays or whatever.....playing not to lose in my mind is reacting to everything....instead of trying to set the tone yourself. whether it's in the types of plays you call early on offense, or how you call a defense on 2nd and 3rd and long.....do you blitz and take control, or do you lay back and try to prevent the conversion? those are the types of things that drive me nuts...i personally hate trick plays..................................................................unless they work for us! :biggrin2:

He had little faith in his d at that point, but all the faith in the world in his offense. Gotta go with what is working for you at the time.

My viewpoint at this time is that although we had a year to forget (And as soon as possible!), we were only 17 points away from being 9-2 and almost playing in the SECCG.

Very little went right this year, but 17 points is not a lot.

I think things will be fine next year. Maybe not top of the charts, but fine enough to get us headed back in the right direction toward the top.

I may be wrong, but I think we are going to be okay. It all depends on whether CPF allows Cut to do his thing and whether they crack down on the discipline thing.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!

Hard too get too excited about 3 star juco, though good size and if that 4.5 speed(I doubt) is correct may help as safety right away.

i dont know if were going to have a great recruiting class but i think we will end up with a top 20 class. we are still in the running for a ton of top notch recruits. it wont be anything like last years class but it wont be as bad as most think.

here is a list of prospects still considering tennessee scout

this is the type of recruiting class Vols fans arent used to. We got a couple of good players tho. It doesnt really matter because we've got the talent at UT right now.

Will we get good recruits?

No...I am sure nobody will come here and we will forever suck and turn into Vandy/Kentucky football programs

(vols kick balls @ Jan 5 said:
i dont know how good are recruiting class is going to be but it just got a little better
justin garrett

A 3 star, second team all juco southwesterly corner of CA conference player and Phil spends $40,000 of jet cash to sign this (not counting the extra fuel cost to haul around him and Chavis :angel: ) ?

And we spend zero looking for a long term OC answer?

We're so screwed it's ridiculous. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Scout.com had some mention of us possibly with a better chance at Mustain. Too bad I'm not spending the money to read it.

(wilburnVol @ Jan 6 said:
A 3 star, second team all juco southwesterly corner of CA conference player and Phil spends $40,000 of jet cash to sign this (not counting the extra fuel cost to haul around him and Chavis :angel: ) ?

We're so screwed it's ridiculous. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

All hail King Rivals and the 3-stars they gave this recruit. Too bad there is no chance he could be better than rivals thinks, because Rivals talent evaluators and gods when it comes to talent evaluation. BTW, scout lists him as a 4-star but who is counting. First of all, have you watched the reels of him on rivals? He absolutely flys (sp?) to the ball and can lay one on you. Great size and speed. From the quotes I've read by his coach it sounds like he has had a bad situation growing up. His coach said "when he gets to eat three meals a day and hits the college weight room he will be unbelievable." Once again, I am required to remind you guys that rivals star system never wins any college football games. Its ridiculous, get off the freakin' star system bandwagon.

There's one & only reason UT is not mentioned again as a top 10 recruiting class. His name is Coach Phil Fulmer.

We must never, never allow UT to drop so far with so much again!

(wilburnVol @ Jan 6 said:

You're probably right. If I were you, I'd pick a new team to pull for. :post-20645-1119625378:

For THOSE that feel it's only ONE kid.
Well...that says it all.

CFP was in St. Aug. FL. this week TRYING to pry a UF committment to UT. He was told he wasted his day. Now there you go there's number 2.

(RealVol @ Jan 6 said:
For THOSE that feel it's only ONE kid.
Well...that says it all.

So where were you when we pulled in JC last year?

Bitching and complaining then too?

(U-T @ Jan 6 said:
Oh my god, we didn't get one kid?

Oh lord, what will we do!

:birgits_giggle:
I don't think Mustain has made a commitment to anyone since backing off of Arkansas. About the only change on his front is the fact that Army had been added to the list.

I wouldn't call it bitching. But for sure I strongly expressed UT needed to make some O Staff changes. Since 1998, be mindful that's 2 years short of a DECADE, UT's offense has gotten less & less productive. Believe what you want, but UT's o has certainly not improved from one year to the next. Not to mention very flat or little game to game improvements DURING the season. This under-achieving has been accomplished by what has been some of UT's finest recruiting classes, filled with speed, size, talent & dare I use the term "playmakers". Remember that term?

VN Store

Back