Is UT Gonna Get Good Football Recruits?

recruits dont mean anything if u dont have a coach to develop them. And as i recall the clapper is back next year. :yuck:

I agree completely! If we go 3 & out 7 out of 10 times, Fulmer still claps his hands. It looks like he's totally lost & doesn't have a clue what is going on...I wonder.

(RealVol @ Jan 3 said:
I agree completely! If we go 3 & out 7 out of 10 times, Fulmer still claps his hands. It looks like he's totally lost & doesn't have a clue what is going on...I wonder.
u just now figuring that out

(wilburnVol @ Jan 3 said:
I hope his ancestors don't hold you liable for copyright violations. :bad:

Is that in some way, shape of form supposed to make me feel bad or something? Who are you? The Volnation idiot? I've read a few of your posts since I've been here and none of them make much sense. Perhaps you should take the time that you spent looking for that Machiavelli quote, and put that time to better use. I hear that being coherant is all the rage these days. You should try it.

Here's a quote just for you.

"I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think."

Now why don't you be a good boy and fetch the author of that one too. :hi:

I love it everytime I read the posts by people talking about us not being able to win with "this same 40 year old offense we have been running since college football was inveneted." The sport of football has been around forever and there is no reinventing the wheel. All systems run by every team in college football is "40 years" old. There have been adjustments to accomidate adjustments in defenses. The plays David Cutcliffe calls will be enough to win if they are run with good enough players and are executed properly.

(therickbol @ Jan 3 said:
The sport of football has been around forever and there is no reinventing the wheel.

:bow:

AMEN - It kills me when people think our offense is antiquated, but everyone bows down to the "innovation" of the spread option. I liked it the first time when it was called the Single Wing.

There have been adjustments to accomidate adjustments in defenses. The plays David Cutcliffe calls will be enough to win if they are run with good enough players and are executed properly.

"with good enough players"??? 4 years ago we had the no. 1 recruited class in the nation, and our problem is we dont have good enough players and arent executing???? Texas had the no. 2 recruited class 4 years ago and they are playing for an NC, while UT isnt even in a bowl, and you expect everyone to believe that was due to poor execution and not good enough players?

(MachiaVolli @ Jan 3 said:
Here's a quote just for you.

"I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are assholes like me.

:blink: :ermm: :crazy: :dance: :dance2: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

(oklavol @ Jan 3 said:
"with good enough players"??? 4 years ago we had the no. 1 recruited class in the nation, and our problem is we dont have good enough players and arent executing???? Texas had the no. 2 recruited class 4 years ago and they are playing for an NC, while UT isnt even in a bowl, and you expect everyone to believe that was due to poor execution and not good enough players?
The players were talented enough, but I don't know how you can argue that poor execution was not a major factor (IMO THE factor) in the downfall of the offense.

I love it everytime I read the posts by people talking about us not being able to win with "this same 40 year old offense we have been running since college football was inveneted." The sport of football has been around forever and there is no reinventing the wheel. All systems run by every team in college football is "40 years" old. There have been adjustments to accomidate adjustments in defenses. The plays David Cutcliffe calls will be enough to win if they are run with good enough players and are executed properly.
I think it's the opposite. Our playbook is TOO thick. I am sick of constantly hearing about how difficult our system is to grasp , how this player or that is having trouble with the "system" and therefore can't contribute yet, and how our offense is larger than most pro teams. Texas Tech, the most prolific offensive power over the last 5 to 10 years, has variations on twenty basic plays. I've thought like this since Nebraska used three plays to cram it down our throats a few years back. Furthermore, if our playbook is so complex, how come I can tell you what UT will run before they snap it with a 90% accurracy? As best I can tell we are confusing the kids and diluteing the effort and still appearing putridly vanilla!

ANYONE that buys into UT has a thick playbook is absolutely out of tune. We basically run 8-9 plays. Plus we have been slower than hell in running those plays & appear to be clueless about command of the particular play. Now those plays might work (w our superior talent) if there is some energy put forth or some degree of crispness or command of what the hell was going on. But the fact remains for the last several years that has not been present.

I can not believe some think the spread option offense will not work in the SEC. I can remember many UT Fans making all manner of fun w SOS's Fun & Gun offense. It appears to me he's the one with the last laugh. WVA with probably less talent than almost any SEC team proved against one of the leagues better d squads how well it can operate. Coach R.R. has been running this scheme longer than UM and is a cool operator of his scheme. If Coach Fulmer isn't successful in turning UT around...

Let's face it NEW BLOOD is due in K'town.

Let's face it our 30-40 year old offense has become antique! Now if it is run with some command, I do believe the results will be improved. That said, that improvement will not beat many we shouldn't, but should separate us from the lesser talented squads.

Isn't it sad UT has become so vanilla.

(oklavol @ Jan 2 said:
They probably went to go get some pepto-bismol after they saw that Coker at Miami fired 4 assistant coaches after going 9-3 and getting blown out in a bowl game. Probably upset their stomachs pretty bad. Obviously after going 9-3 and getting blown out in a bowl Miami should be giving Coker a huge raise and a contract extension.

Perhaps Coker fired his staff for something other than a record??? Perhaps he's a smart enough man to know that a record is not the one-stop-shop reason to indicate all is right with the world??? Perhaps he said his team production sucked and there were too many problems not being addressed by his coaches.

Seeing as how it was Miami, I wished he had have waited a few more years until things came to a head and they had a 5-6 record to say "hey, something's amiss!"

(CSpindizzy @ Jan 4 said:
Seeing as how it was Miami, I wished he had have waited a few more years until things came to a head and they had a 5-6 record to say "hey, something's amiss!"
Seems that every D1 head coach outside of Knox County understands the concept of accountability.

(RealVol @ Jan 3 said:
ANYONE that buys into UT has a thick playbook is absolutely out of tune. We basically run 8-9 plays. Plus we have been slower than hell in running those plays & appear to be clueless about command of the particular play. Now those plays might work (w our superior talent) if there is some energy put forth or some degree of crispness or command of what the hell was going on. But the fact remains for the last several years that has not been present.

I can not believe some think the spread option offense will not work in the SEC. I can remember many UT Fans making all manner of fun w SOS's Fun & Gun offense. It appears to me he's the one with the last laugh. WVA with probably less talent than almost any SEC team proved against one of the leagues better d squads how well it can operate. Coach R.R. has been running this scheme longer than UM and is a cool operator of his scheme. If Coach Fulmer isn't successful in turning UT around...

Let's face it NEW BLOOD is due in K'town.

Let's face it our 30-40 year old offense has become antique! Now if it is run with some command, I do believe the results will be improved. That said, that improvement will not beat many we shouldn't, but should separate us from the lesser talented squads.

Isn't it sad UT has become so vanilla.
your probably the trendiest person in your town aren't you? everyone's an expert....8-9 plays huh...wow i can't believe some of the posts i read on this thing....i used to get angry that UT fans could actually be this negative of their own program, but now it's just comical...between you and wilburnvol and a couple of others, it's a wonder that you haven't just jumped ship and started sporting your UGA or UF caps and T shirts...cause i have never seen anyone hate on UT more.

OUr fans are the smartest fans around. :mf_surrender:

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:
....i used to get angry that UT fans could actually be this negative of their own program, but now it's just comical... :mf_surrender:
Who's laughing?

(oklavol @ Jan 2 said:
They probably went to go get some pepto-bismol after they saw that Coker at Miami fired 4 assistant coaches after going 9-3 and getting blown out in a bowl game. Probably upset their stomachs pretty bad. Obviously after going 9-3 and getting blown out in a bowl Miami should be giving Coker a huge raise and a contract extension.
yeah, cause knee jerk firings are always the answer...it worked out reall well for Nebraska when they fired Solich after a, no don't say it, 9 win season, oh no the sky is falling.... :banghead:

(jakez4ut @ Jan 4 said:
Me. :lol:
According to Readers' Digest it's the best medicine. I am starting to get a little weary of the post season disgust-a-thon but I am saving back a reserve of venom so I can really bitch about the recruiting class if things do not improve dramitically in that department. I can hardly wait to watch half the kids playing for the East in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday mug for the camera and tell us that they are going to UGA or UF.

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Jan 4 said:
According to Readers' Digest it's the best medicine. I am starting to get a little weary of the post season disgust-a-thon but I am saving back a reserve of venom so I can really bitch about the recruiting class if things do not improve dramitically in that department. I can hardly wait to watch half the kids playing for the East in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday mug for the camera and tell us that they are going to UGA or UF.
And i'm sure you're not alone....the recruiting this year, it's gonna probably take a bit of hit, but not to say that we won't get some talent. Plus you got to keep in mind that we have some young guys from last year's class that can/will make some impact next season. Besides, if all goes well next season, we should be setting ourselves up for a banner 2007 regular and recruiting season....it's all cyclical, remember that.

Yeah, I remember the cycle and all. Having a bad year every so often is not so hard to deal with. IMO the hostility was exaccerbated because expectations were so high. I never believed that this team was #3 in the country but I thought we would get back to the SEC CG.

(oklavol @ Jan 3 said:

So, the years before last year when we had similarly great talent and the players executed (that being the key) we won 9, 10, 11 games running this same offensive system, but just got lucky? We even won a National Championship running this offensive system. I know you guys like to have a scapegoat to blame. Thats human nature. But, the offensive system is NOT the reason we lost 6 games this season. That logic is ridiculous.

But all this team does is play not to loose. That's such a crap way to play a game. I'm sure you all saw the Georgia WVU game when at the end, instead of punting the ball, WVU had some balls and ran a fake punt. They were PLAYING TO WIN!

(Brasszilla @ Jan 4 said:
But all this team does is play not to loose. That's such a crap way to play a game. I'm sure you all saw the Georgia WVU game when at the end, instead of punting the ball, WVU had some balls and ran a fake punt. They were PLAYING TO WIN!
IMO the old UT offensive philosophy was that you should never be in a position where you have to resort to fake punts and "gimmick" plays in order to win. Great teams get it done between/off the tackle(s) and through the air. I am okay with a conservative scheme, I just want to see it executed properly ever now and then.

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Jan 4 said:
Yeah, I remember the cycle and all. Having a bad year every so often is not so hard to deal with. IMO the hostility was exaccerbated because expectations were so high. I never believed that this team was #3 in the country but I thought we would get back to the SEC CG.
yeah, i agree with that 100%...had we come in at 15 or worse, it probably wouldn't be this bad...SEC CG, i don't know...i was thinking we would lose to UF or LSU and UGA....maybe drop one other game......8-3 is as bad as i thought it could get this year....oh well.

"I just want to see it executed properly ever now and then."

I agree with that as well....

VN Store

Back