Is this year the best chance at FF

Kelly has addressed this with the emergence of Tess and the recruiting of Justine,,not to mention the long game of Puckett,,,we got this!
Im in agreement with you and i am not softening my enthusiasm of final 4 or bust and i will moderately say championship but deep down im thinking that too with enthusiasm

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Plus Rickea, who shot 42% from 3 in her first season at Miss State. That stat dropped under subsequent coaches, but clearly the potential is there.

giphy.gif

Plus Rickea, who shot 42% from 3 in her first season at Miss State. That stat dropped under subsequent coaches, but clearly the potential is there.

THAT'S EXACTLY what I'm hoping for - that our starters will step up and shoot threes better than they ever have - Rickea, Jordan Horston, and Powell - and we don't have to go to the bench for 3-pt shooters who are a notch below these starters in defense and speed. i'm hoping to hear that those three are putting up a million threes per day this summer.

Mannnn I know I’m going to get a fight or 2 in, and don’t let us be in the process of losing, I’m letting my emotions boil over into the stands! 😂😂😂 jk jk but it should definitely be fun with all those fans of those teams in one city and arena that weekend.

I hope to see a sea of orange, it’ll look so good on TV! 😩

🤣😂😂

And yes to the sea of orange! It’s so good for women’s basketball when TN is in the FF mix. I’m sure LV alumni would show up and show out too!

THAT'S EXACTLY what I'm hoping for - that our starters will step up and shoot threes better than they ever have - Rickea, Jordan Horston, and Powell - and we don't have to go to the bench for 3-pt shooters who are a notch below these starters in defense and speed. i'm hoping to hear that those three are putting up a million threes per day this summer.
Now you on to something talking about defense and speed thats what got me concern has Puckett and Striplin worked on that. does Pissott have enough so we wont have to take her out even though we need her offense time will tell

I'm also hoping those three end up being reliable threats from three --- at least enough to keep the defense honest and get us off to a good start.

If we do end up needing to go to the bench though, I don't think it would hurt too much especially with Tamari, the eraser, on D. Now that she has some solid help in the paint, she can go back to being aggressive and making up for the shooters that struggle to keep their player in front. The exciting thing about this squad is you have so many potential combinations to work with.

You don't go to the FF on paper--you gotta play. When the team starts to play, we can assess whether it's got the talent,
cohesiveness, chemistry, defensive work rate, mental toughness, etc. to be a title threat--something we haven't been in two decades. Is the guard play
going to be good? It really hasn't been for most of the last 20 years. After suffering through a generation of mediocrity from this once-great
program, I'm in show-me mode.

Now you on to something talking about defense and speed thats what got me concern has Puckett and Striplin worked on that. does Pissott have enough so we wont have to take her out even though we need her offense time will tell

Puckett and Striplin are half-court players. They're not gonna beat many players down the court on a fast break. They're bruisers. Gives more options to Kellie comming off the bench for style of play. I don't think even if they work on speed they will get much faster - maybe marginally. But they can get quicker and better on defense.

Puckett and Striplin are half-court players. They're not gonna beat many players down the court on a fast break. They're bruisers. Gives more options to Kellie comming off the bench for style of play. I don't think even if they work on speed they will get much faster - maybe marginally. But they can get quicker and better on defense.
Their playing time will probably be determined by their defensive effort but im confident they will be fine im sure they understand with the players that came from the portal they have to take it to another level of play to warrant minutes im so pulling for Striplin to bring it and have a good year

I KNOW Justine has worked on defense and footwork!

The reason why i say its no excuse because SC didnt have a great jump shooting team they won with (one) hustle on defense they (2)crashed the board and (3)hit timely outside shots we have to do the same

Where have I heard/seen the 1 and 2 approach to winning in the past?:rolleyes: For us "3" is the problem. It just seems to me we have not (maybe never) had a player who could deliver a 3 when the chips were down at a high %. Maybe it just seems it to me, but many really successful teams of the last few years had such a shooter.

Well, we don't know what the team will look like yet the year after this one, so who knows? Anything's possible with the portal these days, it would seem. This year's team is definitely a final four contender. The only question in my mind is if we will have the outside shooting that we will need.
I think with Justine, Tess and Puckett we will be fine. With an improved inside game, that will open it up for the shooters. This team has all the makings for a FF team…slashers/drivers, shooters, good inside presence and defense.

Mannnn I know I’m going to get a fight or 2 in, and don’t let us be in the process of losing, I’m letting my emotions boil over into the stands! 😂😂😂 jk jk but it should definitely be fun with all those fans of those teams in one city and arena that weekend.

I am right there with you lol. I’ll be there and sitting on ready 🤣🤣🤣

The roster is loaded. There are three potential first round draft picks on the team. Providing there are no key injuries. It looks like a great chance to make a FF. Yes there are a few other teams that could make the FF also. Is this the best chance for Tennessee?

Yeah, uh, I know I'm late to this party but I actually picked up the answer key to this quiz on my way over here aaaaand -- *checks notes* -- the answer is yes.

I don't mean that as a given, I just mean that this is their last clear shot for the next few years, so here's hoping. I mean, you've got senior Horston and Key and Jackson and Walker and you even added more guards and Puckett and Striplin and Hollingshead too, so ... if not now, then when?

Last edited:
The Lady Vols definitely have the talent to make a FF/Championship run. We all know staying healthy is key. I'd also love to see the staff refine the offensive and fix the excessive turnover issue (if it ends up being one).

I also think this team has players that are ready for the moment -- players that are so hungry to bring Tennessee back.

I can't wait!
Of all of the good things that the Lady Vols have going for them and had last year, I want team chemistry to be as good as it was. I am convinced it was that that pulled out many of the close games we had at the start of last year. I was very pleased to see the bonding that took place in the many shenanigans that took place in the locker room at the end of the games.

Yeah, uh, I know I'm late to this party but I actually picked up the answer key to this quiz on my way over here aaaaand -- *checks notes* -- the answer is yes.

I don't mean that as a given, I just mean that this is their last clear shot for the next few years, so here's hoping. I mean, you've got senior Horston and Key and Jackson and Walker and you even added more guards and Puckett and Striplin and Hollingshead too, so ... if not now, then when?
That's why it is so important for this team to go far.a minimum of final 4 if they do Kelly's brand as a coach will get more exposure yes they know her but you need to be seen in the Final 4 just like Adia Barnes she was a hot and trending coach but unlike the Wildcat brand the Volunteers brand is a legendary one once we are back on the big stage Kelly's star will shine brighter meaning they will want to play for her.One of Dawn's strongest attributes is appeal.Kelly just need to get on that Final 4 platform one time and work her coaching appeal and they will notice

Last edited:
Roster being loaded doesn't make for anything.
Take SC for example, Dawn been loaded for years and how many chips has she won ?
UConn actually on paper has been loaded and how many has Geno won?
This here era isn't about Super teams and stellar players or loaded rosters. Actually , there's no quasi , meta multi marvel universe team nor will we ever be able to have a guaranteed vision of our Avengers to save our distressed desperate need of wanting it all. But.......
this is the purest of envisioned beauty this side of the WNBA ugly dramatic display of rapid decline this side of how quickly hmmm the loaded Nets fell like , well forget it.
Sometimes loaded guns backfire .

Should have been three NC's in six years instead of two and the favorite to win another this upcoming season.

Should have been three NC's in six years instead of two and the favorite to win another this upcoming season.

Coach Pat Summitt SHOULD HAVE been our coach still but things happen that are out of our control. So we can could have been all day but the facts are what the facts are.

Y'all should be favored you're the defending champs with the returning national player of the year. Adding a couple of good pieces. The great thing is the ball will go up in a few months and things will be more clear. I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

Last edited:
Well, we don't know what the team will look like yet the year after this one, so who knows? Anything's possible with the portal these days, it would seem. This year's team is definitely a final four contender. The only question in my mind is if we will have the outside shooting that we will need.

In regards to the outside shooting, I am hoping that our paint based offense will create open looks that will result in increased accuracy from the outside.

In regards to the outside shooting, I am hoping that our paint based offense will create open looks that will result in increased accuracy from the outside.

The 3 point demon Justine will see to it that our opponents will pay for trying to stop our inside game....She will be waiting to bomb them into submission....It's going to be Justified!!!!
0b7f74c9-aa68-4997-836b-073b5acc39c4_640x480.jpg

I don’t think it would be good for UT fans to act like fools, deviants and small children. We have been to the finals before and the key to winning is consistent guard play, defensive pressure, and rebounding.

I don’t think it would be good for UT fans to act like fools, deviants and small children. We have been to the finals before and the key to winning is consistent guard play, defensive pressure, and rebounding.
That was the winning formula last year….with a bit of low post dominance sprinkled in.

Likely the same this season, many teams able. One will rise above. I’m getting the feeling there will be a few teams that can turn the lights off from 3 next season. Might be the year of the 3, we will see.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back