Is this year the best chance at FF

Jcarter

The roster is loaded. There are three potential first round draft picks on the team. Providing there are no key injuries. It looks like a great chance to make a FF. Yes there are a few other teams that could make the FF also. Is this the best chance for Tennessee?

The roster is loaded. There are three potential first round draft picks on the team. Providing there are no key injuries. It looks like a great chance to make a FF. Yes there are a few other teams that could make the FF also. Is this the best chance for Tennessee?

Well, we don't know what the team will look like yet the year after this one, so who knows? Anything's possible with the portal these days, it would seem. This year's team is definitely a final four contender. The only question in my mind is if we will have the outside shooting that we will need.

No doubt about it imo anything less than a final 4 barring injury is a let down the future of LV basketball may rest on this year if Kelly doesn’t sniff a championship out of this team parents are going to be skeptical about their daughters coming to TN but if she leads them to a final 4 and beyond the flood gates will open again with high schoolers and the portal will trend with us just like this past offseason

Well, we don't know what the team will look like yet the year after this one, so who knows? Anything's possible with the portal these days, it would seem. This year's team is definitely a final four contender. The only question in my mind is if we will have the outside shooting that we will need.
Al you might be right with the outside shooting point but not too many people are going to be looking at that they are gonna say this squad is stacked and no excuses

No doubt about it imo anything less than a final 4 barring injury is a let down the future of LV basketball may rest on this year if Kelly doesn’t sniff a championship out of this team parents are going to be skeptical about their daughters coming to TN but if she leads them to a final 4 and beyond the flood gates will open again with high schoolers and the portal will trend with us just like this past offseason
All that is a little high falutin' for my humble tastes. Of course this roster has a better chance at an FF than any LV roster the last decade or so. But this is also a roster where those playing most of the minutes have never played together nor for this coach. And the coach has never handled this level of individual talent nor had this level of expectation in her 20+ yr career. So I think while significant progress should be expected just bc of the talent level, I see it more along the lines of being competitive against the best teams, beating a few of them and being in the mix for championships. The end result will take care of itself.

I don't think parents, etc should be discouraged unless there is a total lack of chemistry and the season is a setback instead of an advance. These are not the last good players KJH will get; in fact, the door to big time recruiting just swung wide open for her. It takes a little time to build a championship program, even with a vastly improved roster. I've said before, we'll know a successful season when we see it. Getting to a FF is always welcome and great, but I don't think the world necessarily ends if the LVs fall short of it.

With this talent and Kellie’s staff, no way we don’t make the FF this year. I’m betting this team will end up being extremely good and we’re in for a ride.

I wholeheartedly believe with this whole team healthy and the final additional of Franklin and Hollingshead, put us in not only FF contention, but a race for the championship! I hope to meet a lot of y’all in Dallas this year!

All that is a little high falutin' for my humble tastes. Of course this roster has a better chance at an FF than any LV roster the last decade or so. But this is also a roster where those playing most of the minutes have never played together nor for this coach. And the coach has never handled this level of individual talent nor had this level of expectation in her 20+ yr career. So I think while significant progress should be expected just bc of the talent level, I see it more along the lines of being competitive against the best teams, beating a few of them and being in the mix for championships. The end result will take care of itself.

I don't think parents, etc should be discouraged unless there is a total lack of chemistry and the season is a setback instead of an advance. These are not the last good players KJH will get; in fact, the door to big time recruiting just swung wide open for her. It takes a little time to build a championship program, even with a vastly improved roster. I've said before, we'll know a successful season when we see it. Getting to a FF is always welcome and great, but I don't think the world necessarily ends if the LVs fall short of it.
Im a humble person too but i recognize sports today is in a win now phase both college and pro

That ‘98 team did not have most of the starters who had played together either (2 or 3 of them were freshmen), but Pat molded them into a stable of racehorses and then basically turned them loose to annihilate teams. I believe Kelly knows how to do that as well. She learned from the Best. I believe this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch, and I really expect to see them in the FF.

I think Tennessee would’ve had a great chance this past season in the NCAA tourney with Horston healthy. To be honest, following the injuries to Keyen Green & Rae Burrell the team never truly recovered.
This season, I believe the depth added by the sophomores will be the key. Tennessee has an unique roster with veteran talent and youth that blends a promising core of talent.
I don’t see this as a one year window or the best chance to win another championship.
Sara Puckett and Brooklyn Miles had really good years as freshmen. Jillian Hollingshead transfers in as the #37 overall ranked player in the 2021 class. Striplin and Wynn should improve and we’ll see what the role will be for each player in this program. Pissott seems skilled and developed enough as a player to contribute at some point this season. I believe the team is built for the present and future.

The Lady Vols definitely have the talent to make a FF/Championship run. We all know staying healthy is key. I'd also love to see the staff refine the offensive and fix the excessive turnover issue (if it ends up being one).

I also think this team has players that are ready for the moment -- players that are so hungry to bring Tennessee back.

I can't wait!

With this talent and Kellie’s staff, no way we don’t make the FF this year. I’m betting this team will end up being extremely good and we’re in for a ride.

I wholeheartedly believe with this whole team healthy and the final additional of Franklin and Hollingshead, put us in not only FF contention, but a race for the championship! I hope to meet a lot of y’all in Dallas this year!

Yes, Dallas!

I think we might see a final four with Tennessee, UConn, South Carolina and Stanford. Can you imagine the fans from UT, SC, and UConn all being in the same arena?! Lol!

That FF lineup is almost the same as the one we were last part of in 08. Let's go!

I expect final four every year,,,it is a TN LV standard.
Is it a failure if not done,,,not as long as there is growth, and the outlook for the next season is equally anticipatory.

I would say not making the E8 would be to fall short, Final Four on par and anything beyond that "cake"

Roster being loaded doesn't make for anything.
Take SC for example, Dawn been loaded for years and how many chips has she won ?
UConn actually on paper has been loaded and how many has Geno won?
This here era isn't about Super teams and stellar players or loaded rosters. Actually , there's no quasi , meta multi marvel universe team nor will we ever be able to have a guaranteed vision of our Avengers to save our distressed desperate need of wanting it all. But.......
this is the purest of envisioned beauty this side of the WNBA ugly dramatic display of rapid decline this side of how quickly hmmm the loaded Nets fell like , well forget it.
Sometimes loaded guns backfire .

Al you might be right with the outside shooting point but not too many people are going to be looking at that they are gonna say this squad is stacked and no excuses

Along these lines - when you compare our outside shooting to MOST other really good teams I would say we are "mid to low" in the pack. Not to say everyone lives and dies with the three, but they hit them when they are needed. Much better than we seem to.

Yes, Dallas!

I think we might see a final four with Tennessee, UConn, South Carolina and Stanford. Can you imagine the fans from UT, SC, and UConn all being in the same arena?! Lol!

That FF lineup is almost the same as the one we were last part of in 08. Let's go!
Mannnn I know I’m going to get a fight or 2 in, and don’t let us be in the process of losing, I’m letting my emotions boil over into the stands! 😂😂😂 jk jk but it should definitely be fun with all those fans of those teams in one city and arena that weekend.

I hope to see a sea of orange, it’ll look so good on TV! 😩

Along these lines - when you compare our outside shooting to MOST other really good teams I would say we are "mid to low" in the pack. Not to say everyone lives and dies with the three, but they hit them when they are needed. Much better than we seem to.
The reason why i say its no excuse because SC didnt have a great jump shooting team they won with hustle on defense they crashed the board and hit timely outside shots we have to do the same

Roster being loaded doesn't make for anything.
Take SC for example, Dawn been loaded for years and how many chips has she won ?
UConn actually on paper has been loaded and how many has Geno won?
This here era isn't about Super teams and stellar players or loaded rosters. Actually , there's no quasi , meta multi marvel universe team nor will we ever be able to have a guaranteed vision of our Avengers to save our distressed desperate need of wanting it all. But.......
this is the purest of envisioned beauty this side of the WNBA ugly dramatic display of rapid decline this side of how quickly hmmm the loaded Nets fell like , well forget it.
Sometimes loaded guns backfire .
Im not saying being loaded is an automatic championship but i see it as being revelant to have a chance to win it. when SC (who won the championship by the way) or UCONN not winning it guess what they are there in the final 4 with a chance to win it and thats what im looking for from this team

Mannnn I know I’m going to get a fight or 2 in, and don’t let us be in the process of losing, I’m letting my emotions boil over into the stands! 😂😂😂 jk jk but it should definitely be fun with all those fans of those teams in one city and arena that weekend.

I hope to see a sea of orange, it’ll look so good on TV! 😩
Came back later still laughing at this 😂

if baseball taught us anything it is that the best team all year does not mean you even make the final four much less win it all.
That is an example to make your point right but i counter that by saying SC women's basketball was the best team and they won so it can go both ways and baseball has always been the exception to the rule more than any sport because your best players might cant effect the game at its most crucial time like it might not be your best hitter time to bat when you need that big hit but in basketball your best player can affect the game on offense and defense simultaneously

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

Except for Sarah Buckets.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The reason why i say its no excuse because SC didnt have a great jump shooting team they won with hustle on defense they crashed the board and hit timely outside shots we have to do the same

Kelly has addressed this with the emergence of Tess and the recruiting of Justine,,not to mention the long game of Puckett,,,we got this!

VN Store

Back