Is this the end of college sports as we know it ?

I see it as the have's against the have not's. Not University's, but between the teams. The swim team will get jealous of the Baseball team Golf against the Basketball teams and they all will be jealous of the football teams. To me, this is just crazy.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I've tried to be rational and look at this from both sides, but I can't figure out how anyone would believe that NIL deals and unlimited transfers would be beneficial to college sports. I know that they bring in a lot of money for the schools and If you want to pay players, give them all the same, (even though they're getting a college education, food, housing, medical, dental, tutoring and a hundred other things for their work).

I'm so old, I remember when getting a scholarship at a major university meant something.

What a mess.

Now, I will admit that I am all for the kids being able to earn money off their own names and images since it's not fair for billions of dollars to be made for others OFF OF their names and images and the kids themselves can't even afford to go out for pizza.

BUT, there has to be a better way than this. It hasn't even been a year and it's already so out of control and, in many cases, feeling kinda sleazy and cheat-y, that something is going to need to be done to reel it back in soon or else it actually WILL be the end of even the possibility of even trying to appear in any way fair to the "have nots." It's awful how all this is already shaking out.

What can be done? Seriously.

What a mess.

Now, I will admit that I am all for the kids being able to earn money off their own names and images since it's not fair for billions of dollars to be made for others OFF OF their names and images and the kids themselves can't even afford to go out for pizza.

BUT, there has to be a better way than this. It hasn't even been a year and it's already so out of control and, in many cases, feeling kinda sleazy and cheat-y, that something is going to need to be done to reel it back in soon or else it actually WILL be the end of even the possibility of even trying to appear in any way fair to the "have nots." It's awful how all this is already shaking out.

What can be done? Seriously.

Like I said, you can pay them all the same, even though I believe they are already getting paid. With all of this, there is no need for the NCAA any more.

Already here for players like Beuckers already a millionaire and even Fudd getting big money and hasn't even played. Several top players still getting small deals, but those two got huge deals.

Geno been offering deals to players and their parents for years. He is probably delighted that now he can do it above board and its legal.

Like I said, you can pay them all the same, even though I believe they are already getting paid. With all of this, there is no need for the NCAA any more.

But WHO pays them all the same in that scenario? A special fund? From which source(s) would THAT money come? And who would regulate/dole it out? And would it even be feasible to pay everyone all the same, even though that would obviously be the most fair situation. It boggles my mind when I start going down the rabbit hole of this hot mess.

I guess the Covid meme's about "stay on bonuses" versus "sign on bonuses" are going to need to happen in the work place and in CFB.

I am ok with NIL with regulations. The kids are already receiving an education valued at $200K plus. They receive tutors, meals, nutritionist, and an opportunity to leap frog them to the NFL (or at least advance in a career). I wish it had been done differently from the start. The argument has been the institutions make $$$$ off their names and athleticism. Along with the education, why not place a modest cap? Let the kids represent a car dealer on a billboard, put their face on a pizza & wing flyer, even allow auto-graph sessions for money...but compensation not to exceed $25K or maybe $50K. That way people can not use the argument...these kids can't buy pizza or afford a car to drive.

The portal needs to be a one & done transfer option. Including graduated students with remaining eligibility. This has gotten insane and the atmosphere of college football is about to be lost. I don't want to see bidding wars. I want to see players that bleed the school colors and play with pride. If I want to watch over paid brats with a message for the rest of us common folks...I'd watch the NFL again.

Last edited:
Nike's founders are pretty much Oregon based. No idea about Gatorade.

Gatorade is now owned by Pepsi. They bought it years ago from Quaker Oats. It was invented at the University of Florida (gag) in the 60s or 70s to keep the football players from dying in the heat, hence the name "Gator - ade". Saving the lives of UF football players makes it the worst invention ever.

Last edited:
Gatorade is now owned by Pepsi. They bought it years ago from Quaker Oats. It was invented at the University of Flordia (gag) in the 60s or 70s to keep the football players from dying in the heat, hence the name "Gator - ade". Saving the lives of UF football players makes it the worst invention ever.
😂😂😂

VN Store

Back